Boris Johnson #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect she's being rolled out with her 'rainbow' baby as the Tories have a huge problem with repelling women voters. I'd like to think she was given a choice - miscarriage or bladder weakness?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m of the opinion that these things are your own business. Yes talk to your loved ones about it but no need to splash your very personal troubles* all over the world. Makes me a bit sick really. It’s crass.

* if indeed true

• Heart
Entirely deserved, because Soames was a misogynistic twit of the highest order.
I'll never forget him barking at a woman of colour in the Commons - just beyond despicable. Holy crap, I really hate Tories.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Where is our 'dear' PM at the moment anyway? Does anyone know? Afghanistan must surely be at least a little bit of a worry, not to mention people turning up on the beaches, oh and that boring old Covid stuff.

Reactions: 6
He's called a COBRA meeting for this afternoon about the Afghanistan situation.

Let's hope he turns up for this one!

Reactions: 8
He's called a COBRA meeting for this afternoon about the Afghanistan situation.

Let's hope he turns up for this one!
That doesn’t sound like him at all.
Are you sure he isn’t auditioning for a new computer teacher, or having violin lessons?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well he did turn up and he thinks it's all dreadful. Not quite sure what he plans to actually do??

Reactions: 5
Well he did turn up and he thinks it's all dreadful. Not quite sure what he plans to actually do??
I can tell you exactly what he plans to do.
Waffle, bullshit, chuck in a couple of random Latin phrases, kick the problem into the long grass in the hope that it will resolve itself/everyone will forget about it, then duck off on holiday.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I can tell you exactly what he plans to do.
Waffle, bullshit, chuck in a couple of random Latin phrases, kick the problem into the long grass in the hope that it will resolve itself/everyone will forget about it, then duck off on holiday.
Yep, whilst employing the army to distribute food and drive lorries because we are likely to have a domestic emergency on our hands because of his bullshit.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Yep, whilst employing the army to distribute food and drive lorries because we are likely to have a domestic emergency on our hands because of his bullshit.
Around 40% of army HGV drivers are said to be reservists, a good number of whom will no doubt already be driving HGVs at the moment, so probably only around 600 of out 1000ish drivers, some of whom will be ill, isolating, or otherwise unavailable. Nowhere near enough; in fact, a drop in the ocean. The other services probably mainly have licences for the general duty 4 tonners with fabric tops and open backs that you see on the roads.

Tbh, I'm not sure there's much any western country can do about Afghanistan. I've helped an afghan family for years thro the asylum process and the situation there is somewhere between bad and awful. There's not a good option and it's mired in tribal squabbles etc. Afghanistan has long been the graveyard of empires.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Tbh, I'm not sure there's much any western country can do about Afghanistan. I've helped an afghan family for years thro the asylum process and the situation there is somewhere between bad and awful. There's not a good option and it's mired in tribal squabbles etc. Afghanistan has long been the graveyard of empires.
I sadly agree. It was a nightmare long before 9/11, with women being treated like animals for years going unnoticed by the West and awful violence. Its just sad that it seems the whole thing seems to have been a complete waste. I don't think the West is at fault here, or that they can do anything about the basket case that is Afghanistan and the death cult controlling it.

Reactions: 5
I wish we would, just being female in Afghanistan is grounds for asylum. Tbh same applies to Saudi Arabia
I agree, although then what would happen? A place full of angry men with no women or just a tiny group of female religious nutjobs being used as breeding machines? It's also basically condemning an entire country to death in one generation, whether through a lack of women or through inbreeding.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.