Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we just have another election and this time vote for Starmer?

Mega no thanks to Gove.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can we just have another election and this time vote for Starmer?

Mega no thanks to Gove.
Can't see that he would have been any better to be honest, both him and Angela Crayons have been piss poor in opposition over the last few months, beyond the odd witty line in Prime Ministers' Questions. Zero actual policies or suggestions as far as I can see, Sir Keir in particular just agrees with what the government are doing whenever he is questioned on his support for actual measures.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I have a horrible feeling it would be. Just another total disaster for this country.
I know. It’s extremely worrying.

I can't see how it wouldn't be. Who else could challenge and get the support of the party?
Ok. I’m just saying that I really hope it isn’t him.

Can you imagine how much the poisonous Sarah Vine would love standing on the doorstep of No 10, waving to the 'little people'? Sasha Swire's diaries were absolute crap, apart from the bit where Vine gets stuck in the kitchen cooking for all while her 'friend' SamCam is swanning about doing bugger all as Sarah skivvies. Made me laugh.
I did think of SV. Would just reinforce her opinion of herself - that she’s far better than the rest of us 😂

Reactions: 1
I did think of SV. Would just reinforce her opinion of herself - that she’s far better than the rest of us 😂
Only saving grace is that Beatrice would probably be in the window above her, scowling and smoking weed.

I can't see how it wouldn't be. Who else could challenge and get the support of the party?
There is *unt of course who I think is playing the long game here. Unfortunately, Gove appears to be Murdoch's man so it would be a done deal. God, this country is rotten.

Reactions: 2
There is *unt of course who I think is playing the long game here. Unfortunately, Gove appears to be Murdoch's man so it would be a done deal. God, this country is rotten.
Not sure he'd want to the tit of Brexit on his hands though, depends when Boris goes and what can be rescued I suppose

Can't see that he would have been any better to be honest, both him and Angela Crayons have been piss poor in opposition over the last few months, beyond the odd witty line in Prime Ministers' Questions. Zero actual policies or suggestions as far as I can see, Sir Keir in particular just agrees with what the government are doing whenever he is questioned on his support for actual measures.
Honestly, what are these people who thinks he's a fantastic opposition seeing that I cannot? With the highest death rate in Europe, a tanked economy, disastrous track and trace, people having to travel hundreds of miles to be tested, failed app, A level results fiasco, university fiasco, schools fiasco and impending second wave - why aren't they on the attack? Why aren't the fighting for working class people? Angela just breaks my heart. God knows more working class women need a voice - where is she??? This is why I could never go into politics, I'm far too emotional. But having no opposition to this mess has made me utterly depressed.

Reactions: 5
I never got the Stanley love everyone had when he was on IAC.
No I didn't either.he was on some other celeb programme and he showed his true colours by being a s bastard to Miriam Margoyles who dared to disagree with him.He always looked at Toff like she was a piece of tit on his shoe

ogramme

Honestly, what are these people who thinks he's a fantastic opposition seeing that I cannot? With the highest death rate in Europe, a tanked economy, disastrous track and trace, people having to travel hundreds of miles to be tested, failed app, A level results fiasco, university fiasco, schools fiasco and impending second wave - why aren't they on the attack? Why aren't the fighting for working class people? Angela just breaks my heart. God knows more working class women need a voice - where is she??? This is why I could never go into politics, I'm far too emotional. But having no opposition to this mess has made me utterly depressed.
Is someone pulling Starmer's strings? Nothing surprises me any more.Milliband did a good attack on BJ few weeks ago but they seem inadequate and they have ample opportunities but are not doing anything.Corbyn was a crap leader but at least he tried

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The main problem is the media. With few exceptions, they are government mouthpieces that never hold the Tories to account.

I have a horrible feeling it would be. Just another total disaster for this country.
It will be Gove.

They are. They are also letting Johnson hang himself.

You must be watching someone completely different to me then, because he wipes the floor with Boris every single week in PMQs.

Reactions: 12

Yel

Angela has been awful, and usually people with rainbows in their twitter name are usually such good politicians 😆 "fighting to win" and her showing off curls and straight ..

Screenshot_2020-10-05-07-37-46-323_com.twitter.android.jpg

Keir has been better, but I doubt he's won many over to his side.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think Keir has been a pretty good opposition so far. BJs cabinet only deliver keir the brief for what they are discussing that day like 30 minutes before hand on multiple occasions because they don’t want him to be prepared. However I think they do underestimate how much KS is used to quickly examining information due to his past career.
The problem with politics post brexit is that any meaningful debate has been shut down in favour of complaining that the opposition isn’t “positive enough” and that is painted as meaning they want the U.K. to fail, and they are anti U.K. and unpatriotic.

This is BJs go to response to Keir, a valid criticism comes up and the response is a lot of bumbling and then shouting that KS isn’t “behind the good British public” 🙄

I definitely think BJ will be lucky to stick out 6 more months, however it will be another Tory leader as there is no way they would give up their majority and call an election.

Reactions: 11
You must be watching someone completely different to me then, because he wipes the floor with Boris every single week in PMQs.
And then, like I said, goes on to do and say absolutely nothing of any value for the rest of the week! Sorry but both Sir Keir and Sidekick Crayons are a total waste of time. I'm almost missing Corbyn and McDonnell, at least you heard from those two outside of PMQs.

And then, like I said, goes on to do and say absolutely nothing of any value for the rest of the week! Sorry but both Sir Keir and Sidekick Crayons are a total waste of time. I'm almost missing Corbyn and McDonnell, at least you heard from those two outside of PMQs.
Starmer has been travelling around the country talking to us “ordinary people” and listening to concerns. There have been plenty of televised interviews with him calling out the government for their poor handling of the pandemic. You are not likely to see him on the front pages of the right wing press because it is clear he is more of a PM than Johnson will ever be. Johnson is digging a very large hole for himself. The opposition are letting him bury himself.

Reactions: 13
I do think if you aren't hearing from KS outside PMQs then it is either because you don't want to or you only consume quite niche media.
He has done numerous interviews over the last week for example.
Whether you support him or not, it isn't objective to say he doesn't do anything the rest of the week.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.