Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I think this could really backfire on the Tories. So many pensioners (core Tory voters) wont have access to photo ID; nor will the younger, poorer voters in the red wall areas who were persuaded to swtch their vote. So unless it is free to all they could lose out. And even if it is free for all, there's an administrative hurdle to leap, as well as course as potential cost. Unless there is a nice contract in it for Tory pals I doubt it will see the light of day.

Reactions: 8
Personally I think this could really backfire on the Tories. So many pensioners (core Tory voters) wont have access to photo ID; nor will the younger, poorer voters in the red wall areas who were persuaded to swtch their vote. So unless it is free to all they could lose out. And even if it is free for all, there's an administrative hurdle to leap, as well as course as potential cost. Unless there is a nice contract in it for Tory pals I doubt it will see the light of day.
Here's hoping. It's worth noting that our libertarian leader was once completelly opposed to compulsory ID. Your comment has actually made me have a good think! You are entirely right that this may not have the effect they were hoping for.

Reactions: 5
Here's hoping. It's worth noting that our libertarian leader was once completelly opposed to compulsory ID. Your comment has actually made me have a good think! You are entirely right that this may not have the effect they were hoping for.
I agree too. Most young people will have photo ID because they have to prove their age, college Uni ID etc, but older people may not drive anymore or have photo ID. Not all of them obviously, as 'old' isnt that old anymore but I would think more younger people would have photo ID already.

I agree too. Most young people will have photo ID because they have to prove their age, college Uni ID etc, but older people may not drive anymore or have photo ID. Not all of them obviously, as 'old' isnt that old anymore but I would think more younger people would have photo ID already.
I can’t imagine College Id being accepted l

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
You just know that public enquiry into how the government handled Covid looks like it's going to take ten years - how convenient. Another Chilcot no doubt, where no one faces any consequences whatsoever.

Reactions: 6
Full steam ahead with opening, says Boris - while the Indian variant spreads like wildfire.

Reactions: 4
It’s pretty obvious that they need to ban travel to and from India. At the moment it’s only advised against, but it’s funny how they have no problem banning us from holidaying in the EU isn’t it?

Reactions: 4
Before it went on the red list obviously when it was discovered that why India went on the red list
But the variant has been around for a while hasn’t it. Since about March. Correct me if I’m wrong. So we’ve known about for at least two months.

It’s pretty obvious that they need to ban travel to and from India. At the moment it’s only advised against, but it’s funny how they have no problem banning us from holidaying in the EU isn’t it?
The red list is effectively a ban.

Reactions: 1
An awful lot of them will get their provisional driving licence as soon as they can even of they have intention of learning to drive because they want ID to get into clubs or buy booze. 😁 (It's £34 to get though so not everyone will do it.)

America will suffer badly from Varients of Covid due to a higher anti vax rate and the CDC seemingly thinking fully vaccinated people can reduce their mask Usage despite the fact vaccines only reduce transmission Rates rather than eradicate them. In terms of masks should be one rule no matter your vaccine status.

An awful lot of them will get their provisional driving licence as soon as they can even of they have intention of learning to drive because they want ID to get into clubs or buy booze. 😁 (It's £34 to get though so not everyone will do it.)
Apparently the young folk aren't so keen to learn to drive, they think driverless cars will be a thing soon.

Reactions: 2
Apparently the young folk aren't so keen to learn to drive, they think driverless cars will be a thing soon.
Or because of environmental readons/ cost, but they could still get a driving licence to get into clubs. But I suppose if the voter I'd is really goingvto he free they could use that.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.