Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's no way he'll do 10 years, he'll stick it out 5 or so then go off and cash in.

It seems plausible today he could be in power that long, but recent history shows us events can change things very fast. Who knows what is around the corner?
The corruption will continue so maybe the general public will get fed up with it - but I doubt it. He seems to be able to get away with anything. The only thing that will do it will be the Tories turning on each other. Like Thatcher. Let's hope it's soon eh? Although I fear the permanent damage to the country has been done.

Reactions: 5
It's very reminiscent of the 90s Tory era.
The 90s Tories seem moderate and sensible compared to this cabal of lunatics. Back then, they would at least have the decency to resign when they were caught out.

Reactions: 9
That's true, at least there was some consequences then. Nothing now.

Reactions: 5
How that utter devil's ringpiece Gavin Williamson is still in charge of education policy is a total mystery. He doesn't even pretent to be interested in anything to do with it.

Reactions: 6
I do remember the days of Teflon Tony. Now we have Teflon Boris, only it's like triple coated or someting. bleeping hell

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I do remember the days of Teflon Tony. Now we have Teflon Boris, only it's like triple coated or someting. bleeping hell
Tony Blair wasn't anywhere near as untouchable as Boris is now. Not a huge fan of the guy but there was a reason why Alistair Campbell had to become such an attack dog for Blair. Even though Blair had gotten in with Murdoch it didn't take long for that relationship to turn sour and the press to go after him.

Reactions: 3
I am no absolutely no fan of the Tories and Boris.

But Labour have totally lost the plot.
People in Hartlepool are not interested in taking the knee, or trans issues, etc. This does not mean they do not care for others.
I live in the South, and I understand this.
They want to know they have a job, car, house, 2 weeks holiday every year.

People in the South do not seem to understand this. Please feel free to correct me. Thanks.

Reactions: 10

People in Hartlepool are not interested in taking the knee, or trans issues, etc. This does not mean they do not care for others.

People in the South do not seem to understand this. Please feel free to correct me. Thanks.
You have this bang on.

WTF is wrong with Labour? I had hopes for KS and hoped I could vote Labour again after the shitshow of Jeremy Corbyn. But things feel in many ways worse and it’s depressing.

this is why I predict there will be more Cummings-driven tit bombs coming in the next fortnight but as there is LITERALLY no opposition nor alternative viable leader right now, BoJo will weather this storm as well.

You and from the sounds of it every single Northern Labour MP, candidate and Mayor has been saying the same thing but the Westminster head office dont listen and have no offer for the North. Of course the Tories are going to sweep up. They will have to keep on their toes to keep the seat. People on the whole are not idiots. If I had been taken for granted for years by the party I'd always voted for and then to add insult to injury I was called a thick racist all the time because I didnt have a degree by the people that were supposed to represent me, I wouldnt vote for them either.

Last edited:

And in a world were Keir Starmer was some ultra-woke, progressive that bangs on about taking a knee and trans issues I might understand why they would reject him but Starmer has done everything in his power to avoid talking about social issues in order to not alienate these white working class town northerners. The few times he's been pushed to give an opinion - like in that LBC interview with that clearly bigoted caller he gave the most milquetoast response that he supports people's right to protest.

Is it because some Labour MPs occasionally tweet support for these causes? Is it because the suspect thst deep down Starmer actually does sympathise with these causes and that's still a bridge too far? None of the possibilities I can think of portray the former Red Wall in a positive light.

It's not like Boris is offering anything concrete to secure jobs or people's standard of living. If anything their bungling over the pandemic, Brexit and before that austerity has decimated all that. Is it because he's video-ed in factories in hard hats? I'm actually from one of the red wall towns - one that hasn't gone Tory yet and I see the changing attitudes based on nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
And in a world were Keir Starmer was some ultra-woke, progressive that bangs on about taking a knee and trans issues I might understand why they would reject him but Starmer has done everything in his power to avoid talking about social issues in order to not alienate these white working class town northerners. The few times he's been pushed to give an opinion - like in that LBC interview with that clearly bigoted caller he gave the most milquetoast response that he supports people's right to protest.

Is it because some Labour MPs occasionally tweet support for these causes? Is it because the suspect thst deep down Starmer actually does sympathise with these causes and that's still a bridge too far? None of the possibilities I can think of portray the former Red Wall in a positive light.
I genuinely don't have a clue what you are talking about.
And this is my point entirely, white working class man and woman in Hartlepool have not got a clue either.
Hence their vote on Thursday.

Reactions: 2
Well let me make it simple for you; you said that the people of Hartlepool are not interested in taking the knee or trans issues but Starmer and the current iteration of the Labour Party barely acknowledge these things so what is the problem?

You say they want jobs, a car, 2 weeks holiday a year but vote for a party which even before the pandemic and Brexit had reduced people's standards of living to shockingly low levels.

As someone who comes from a place not unlike Hartlepool I know the blindspots of these northern working class towns very well. Sadly there's no way of talking about them without being accused of 'talking down' to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Well let me make it simple for you; you said that the people of Hartlepool are not interested in taking the knee or trans issues but Starmer and the current iteration of the Labour Party barely acknowledge these things so what is the problem?

You say they want jobs, a car, 2 weeks holiday a year but vote for a party which even before the pandemic and Brexit had reduced people's standards of living to shockingly low levels.

As someone who comes from a place not unlike Hartlepool I know the blindspots of these northern working class towns very well. Sadly there's no way of talking about them without being accused of 'talking down' to them.
My point is this is sadly a one party state. Labour is not an alternative party to vote for. Is that simple enough?

Reactions: 1
My point is this is sadly a one party state. Labour is not an alternative party to vote for. Is that simple enough?
...and my question is why?

You said that voters don't care about taking a knee or trans rights but since this version of the Labour barely cares about them either surely that can't be the reason.

You also said that people care about jobs, a car and 2 weeks holiday but they've voted for a party which has drastically lowered the countries standard of living by extreme levels so that can't be the reason either.

So again I ask why?

Reactions: 7
...and my question is why?

You said that voters don't care about taking a knee or trans rights but since this version of the Labour barely cares about them either surely that can't be the reason.

You also said that people care about jobs, a car and 2 weeks holiday but they've voted for a party which has drastically lowered the countries standard of living by extreme levels so that can't be the reason either.

So again I ask why?
I have no wish to get into an argument.

But Labour only appear to be really concerned about taking the knee, etc. Google the photos.
Northern Labour are not concerned about this.
Modern Labour is interested in woke, minorories, climate change.
All important issues, but not to Mr & Mrs Wakefield on a day to day basis.
They want a home, job, car, etc.
They want a party that will provide aspiration, and that is not the current Labour Party.

I am not a Conservative voter either.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.