Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem is that the Indian insist on Freedom of movement included in any trade deal. Not sure that will go down well with brexiteers.
Literally everyone knew this would happen! Modi even said thats what he wanted in return for a trade deal. I am of Indian descent and my mum said Lots of Indians voted for Brexit ( not her, because she asked me how she should vote!) because they realised that it would mean that more people from outside Europe would be able to come here. None of this was a secret. If Brexiteers really are 'not racist' then they shouldn't mind Indians coming here on student visas or work visas in shortage industries. Unfortunately I suspect they will reveal that they actually are racist pretty quickly.

Reactions: 10
Well l voted for Brexit and shockingly part of the reason was to get more talent from the rest of the world rather than cheap labour from Europe. So raspberries to you.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Literally everyone knew this would happen! Modi even said thats what he wanted in return for a trade deal. I am of Indian descent and my mum said Lots of Indians voted for Brexit ( not her, because she asked me how she should vote!) because they realised that it would mean that more people from outside Europe would be able to come here. None of this was a secret. If Brexiteers really are 'not racist' then they shouldn't mind Indians coming here on student visas or work visas in shortage industries. Unfortunately I suspect they will reveal that they actually are racist pretty quickly.
Quite right. New Zealand, Australia and I believe Japan, have all asked India for a free trade deal, and India have replied 'Yes ok, freedom of movement, and we have a deal'. Each time, the other nation have turned it down as they know there is no way they can get it past the public.

Reactions: 2
Quite right. New Zealand, Australia and I believe Japan, have all asked India for a free trade deal, and India have replied 'Yes ok, freedom of movement, and we have a deal'. Each time, the other nation have turned it down as they know there is no way they can get it past the public.
Yes. Because India also will want the freedom of movement to include some semi and non skilled rather than all the skilled people leaving and in the majority of the cases not coming back until retirement or ever.

Reactions: 4
The Brexiteers heads will actually explode if the government grant freedom of movement from India! Part of me actually wants that to happen just so I can gloat and point ask’ well isn’t this what you voted for?’.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Well l voted for Brexit and shockingly part of the reason was to get more talent from the rest of the world rather than cheap labour from Europe. So raspberries to you.
However you are in the minority of the Brexit voters. I really doubt a lot of the ones who have started voting Tory recently want lots of new immigrants arriving.

Reactions: 4
But "labour" from EU countries is not cheap... Over half of the city is / was EU nationals.
Right. So the EU nationals that dominate dominate the recycling facilities and supermarket distribution centres working in awful conditions aren't on minimum wage? Actually, some of them are on less than that, l know of a agency that insists on training then not paying for the time and even not paying for hours worked. Had an accident? If they want to keep their job they have to sign to say it was their own fault. Have to buy their own PPE. Farmers insist they live on site so they can charge them rent or they don't get a job.That's the reality of cheap labour l was referring to, usually ignored as no one wants to admit that whilst they might earn more their quality of life is shocking.

Reactions: 3
Right. So the EU nationals that dominate dominate the recycling facilities and supermarket distribution centres working in awful conditions aren't on minimum wage? Actually, some of them are on less than that, l know of a agency that insists on training then not paying for the time and even not paying for hours worked. Had an accident? If they want to keep their job they have to sign to say it was their own fault. Have to buy their own PPE. Farmers insist they live on site so they can charge them rent or they don't get a job.That's the reality of cheap labour l was referring to, usually ignored as no one wants to admit that whilst they might earn more their quality of life is shocking.
And that will continue because the amount of illegal immigrants is high and they simply be replaced every now and then and new owners will take over when the old ones get fined.

And plenty of British Nationals would also work for under the minimum wage if desperate especially if It’s a second job.

Reactions: 2
If you know of an agency that isn't paying the minimum wage, you must inform the HMRC, as that is a criminal offence.

Reactions: 6
Boris is aiming to be PM for longer than Thatcher. He will achieve that if he is still in N.10 in Early 2031. On current results it’s possible but 10 years is too long to say likely as for example would Boris survive a cheating on Carrie scandal?

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Boris is aiming to be PM for longer than Thatcher. He will achieve that if he is still in N.10 in Early 2031. On current results it’s possible but 10 years is too long to say likely as for example would Boris survive a cheating on Carrie scandal
The argument will be that they voted for him for his "policies" and to "get Brexit done" and that his personal life is irrelevant. While habitual adultery can say something about a person's character the school of thought that unless you're running on a platform of traditional family values it should affect their political career. Everyone who voted for Boris knows he's a serial cheat anyway.

Beyond that they'll just say that everyone from the media to the opposition parties and even anyone critical of his behavior in his own party are all picking on 'poor Boris' who is just trying his best.

Boris is aiming to be PM for longer than Thatcher. He will achieve that if he is still in N.10 in Early 2031. On current results it’s possible but 10 years is too long to say likely as for example would Boris survive a cheating on Carrie scandal?
Of course he would.

And again, it doesn't matter who the Labour leader is. The fact is that there are clearly millions of people who vote in this country who don't give a toss about others - the "me" brigade. Hard to appeal to them when you want a fairer society.

Of course, at some point, those millions will need the help of the State...

Reactions: 3
I dont think he's got the stamina for another 10 years - I reckon he's already bored, and will want to find a way to make more money than the paltry pittance a PM earns.

Reactions: 7
I dont think he's got the stamina for another 10 years - I reckon he's already bored, and will want to find a way to make more money than the paltry pittance a PM earns.
Also I don't think he's in great health. He does look like he has a drink problem. And how long is he really going to stick with Carrie?

Reactions: 5
There's no way he'll do 10 years, he'll stick it out 5 or so then go off and cash in.

It seems plausible today he could be in power that long, but recent history shows us events can change things very fast. Who knows what is around the corner?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.