Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im currently reading 'And so it began' by Rachel Abbott its a page turner but I'm not sure if I've read it before. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Im currently reading 'And so it began' by Rachel Abbott its a page turner but I'm not sure if I've read it before. 🤔
I've just added that to my ever growing wish list thanks!

Anyone else subscribe to BookBub? I've discovered a few new authors through their recommendations.

Reactions: 1

Anyone else subscribe to BookBub? I've discovered a few new authors through their recommendations.
I love Bookbub, but it does unfortunately mean that I’ve ended up with over 100 unread books on my kindle, and even though I read a lot (on my 8th book of the year) I still can’t keep up! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I love Bookbub, but it does unfortunately mean that I’ve ended up with over 100 unread books on my kindle, and even though I read a lot (on my 8th book of the year) I still can’t keep up! 😂
I hear you 😁

Ive just finished that book can confirm its a good one.

Reactions: 2
Ive just received the murder game from that author.

Finished lately/this week.

The hunting party - Lucy Foley
If I never met you - Mhairi McFarlane
New beginnings at Glendale hall - Victoria Walters. (Chewing gum for the brain, but I’d read part one so felt I needed to tick the sequel off my list)

I read Christmas shopaholic last week - judge away.
I used to love that series but her writing, and her books in general became a struggle to read, this however was really good, it was cute, a solid 3.5/5 but for a series that went off the boil I enjoyed it 🤷‍♀️ That’s probably why it’s got a good score with me 😂 because the last few were tit.

I read a lot of Karen Swan over Christmas/New Years. I really enjoy her books.
I need to start reading more than just chick lit 😂😂

I use goodreads for books so it feels weird here 😂

Currently reading/about to start - the name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Recently finished
The Body by Bill Bryson
Arabia by Levison Wood - I actually went to school with him, decent bloke
Currently reading Step by Step -Simon Reeves
I really struggle with fiction (I have autism) particularly chick lit and sci-fi. I push through with some historical fiction but end up fact checking every other page lol

i got a Neil Gaiman story for Christmas - The Ocean at the End of the Lake. It’s a beautiful, magical gothic sort of story about childhood memories - the illustrations are beautiful too. I devoured it in a night which is testament to how good it is as I haven’t done that in years! I really recommend it!

I’m also reading loads of crime fiction for a module at university- Case Histories by Kate Atkinson was a massive favourite if you like interlinking stories. I also enjoyed Ian Rankin’s Knots and Crosses - that captivated me! And also Murder on the Orient Express. :) I read that on a train which I recommend 😂

Can I join please? I’ve always got a kindle book on the go and an audio book for when I’m driving/cleaning etc. At the moment I’m listening to ‘The house we grew up in’ by Lisa Jewell and just about to start reading ‘the mother’s mistake’ by Ruth Heald. I love Kerry fishers books and really enjoy listening to them on audible.

Last edited:
Ive just received the murder game from that author.

Finished lately/this week.

The hunting party - Lucy Foley
If I never met you - Mhairi McFarlane
New beginnings at Glendale hall - Victoria Walters. (Chewing gum for the brain, but I’d read part one so felt I needed to tick the sequel off my list)

I read Christmas shopaholic last week - judge away.
I used to love that series but her writing, and her books in general became a struggle to read, this however was really good, it was cute, a solid 3.5/5 but for a series that went off the boil I enjoyed it 🤷‍♀️ That’s probably why it’s got a good score with me 😂 because the last few were tit.

I read a lot of Karen Swan over Christmas/New Years. I really enjoy her books.
I need to start reading more than just chick lit 😂😂

I use goodreads for books so it feels weird here 😂

Currently reading/about to start - the name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss
That was the first book I've read by Rachel Abbott so I might read another. :giggle: I was given 'Christmas shopaholic' at xmas so that's next on my to read list.

Can I join please? I’ve always got a kindle book on the go and an audio book for when I’m driving/cleaning etc. At the moment I’m listening to ‘The house we grew up in’ by Lisa Jewell and just about to start reading ‘the mother’s mistake’ by Ruth Heald. I love Kerry fishers books and really enjoy listening to them on audible.
I've got 'the house we grew up in' to read is it any good?

I'm currently reading a huge series - although I'm on the last book! I love fantasy books mainly.
Currently reading Timeless Fairytales/Enchantress in Training books by KM Shea.
I would recommend if you like fantasy, they are a good story without being too indepth. It's about 16 books in total so far

I've been reading alot on kindle unlimited lately which has been great - still prefer reading an actual book but needs must sometimes.

That was the first book I've read by Rachel Abbott so I might read another. :giggle: I was given 'Christmas shopaholic' at xmas so that's next on my to read list.

I've got 'the house we grew up in' to read is it any good?
I really enjoyed it, the story kept me hooked and the ending was perfect, I enjoy all Lisa Jewell’s books though 😀

Bookfolk- what it BookBub?
It’s a daily email which features all the cheap or free books that might interest you - you select the genres that you read and it recommends accordingly.

I'm currently reading a huge series - although I'm on the last book! I love fantasy books mainly.
Currently reading Timeless Fairytales/Enchantress in Training books by KM Shea.
I would recommend if you like fantasy, they are a good story without being too indepth. It's about 16 books in total so far

I've been reading alot on kindle unlimited lately which has been great - still prefer reading an actual book but needs must sometimes.
Interesting! I love a series. I’ve dipped into fantasy occasionally. What is it about?
I mostly read romance (contemporary, historical, paranormal and romantic suspense) and urban fantasy. Though I do read general fiction too, I’ll give anything a go really! 😄🤓

I love Jodi Taylor’s Chronicles of St Mary’s series. They are about a group of historians who investigate historical events in real time, ie, time travel. I describe them as totally believable characters in totally unbelievable situations and I urge you to give them a go.
Aside from them I enjoy anything by Kate Atkinson and The Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley are pretty gripping too.
If you want a good blub, I recommend The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman.
Brilliant thread! 😍

One of my all time favourites and the one that stuck out to me when I read this thread title is Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine. I've found that people generally find it a marmite book - you either love it or hate it! But I absolutely adored it and adored Eleanor. I read it over 2 years ago and still think about it, I think I'll reread soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
One of my all time favourites and the one that stuck out to me when I read this thread title is Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine. I've found that people generally find it a marmite book - you either love it or hate it! But I absolutely adored it and adored Eleanor. I read it over 2 years ago and still think about it, I think I'll reread soon!
I didn't like it just a bit bland tbh.

The holiday by Tm Logan- read it in 2 days loved it!

Now listening to such a fun age on audible

Just finished 'the other people' by C. J Tudor. It was so good!
This book was amazing! I couldn’t put it down - literally read it in less than 24 hours!

American dirt by Jeanine Cummings - everyone should read this book - it is amazing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.