Books #8 Reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved My Sister The Serial Killer. Was a really unique book and I loved that it was set in Nigeria. So different from anything else Id read.

Reactions: 5
I also really loved my sister the serial killer!! Unlike anything I'd read before!

Reactions: 1
Ah dammit. Just realised the Peter Swanson book I got approved for on the 3rd is being archived on the 9th. Im currently reading 3 books so there is no chance of me starting it.

How annoying is that?!? Theyve obviously not had enough reviews so have approved me at the last minute.

@fudgebox I had nails almost identical to that when I went to Disney too! 🤩 love them.

Just giving anyone who’s interested a reminder about Our House that’s on ITV at 9pm for the next four nights, based on the book by Louise Candlish.

March started slow for me but I’ve made up for it over the last 3 days. I read Boys Don’t Cry yesterday which is heartbreaking, it made me cry. Wish it’d have been longer to be honest.

I’ve also read One of Us is Lying and today have started One of Us is Next. Aimed at young adults but nice easy books that have kept my interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ugh that's annoying. It seems like ebook availability can vary quite widely between libraries.
Yeah it is! Libraries here generally have more scholarly texts from pre-2010 and most books are donated, so unless someone decides to donate their books, the library won't have any recent ones.

• Sad
Ah dammit. Just realised the Peter Swanson book I got approved for on the 3rd is being archived on the 9th. Im currently reading 3 books so there is no chance of me starting it.

How annoying is that?!? Theyve obviously not had enough reviews so have approved me at the last minute.
If you send it to your kindle it should stay there no? That’s what I do now after I lost a few books as they were archived before I downloaded them to my kindle.

Do you have a kindle? If you download to kindle you can read it years later

And you can review it as well. Even after it was archived

Reactions: 3
I’ve finished Pachinko for the book club. Next up is Those Women by Ivy Pochoda.

Ah I didnt realise but Im guessing I cant review it? Hate not having 100% 🙈
Yeah you can still review it. It just stays on your shelf and you can click the give feedback even after it’s been archived and published. I have a scary number of books on my shelf so I’m really behind with my reviews and they don’t seem to mind. 😊

Any recommendations for a good horror book? I've read Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill and thought it was amazing, that has sparked it off for me. Anything ghostly etc? But not anything by his dad (Stephen King) thanks xx

I’ve had a run of bad choices when it comes to books lately but I’ve just finished Seven Days in June and oh my God, the yearning! I absolutely loved it! Definitely a 5 star read… I’ll only give 5 stars if I’d recommend to a friend ☺

Reactions: 2
I have free Audible credits for 2 books which run out in less than 24 hours. Haven’t got a clue what to spend them on. I’ve never listened to anything being read to me before via Audible. What good ones do tattlers recommend?

I’ve just recently finished Dial A For Aunties, thought it was really funny in places, got me out of my slump!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.