Books #8 Reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the shiny new thread @nbt :D

I've just finished Cal by Bernard MacLaverty. An Irish author who has an understated, simple style of writing. This is a short novel that deals with the troubles in Northern Ireland. A 5* read for me.

Finished The Turnout by Megan Abbott. According to Goodreads it's a bit of a marmite book, but I enjoyed it. It's a bit disturbing in places but I liked the ballet theme which is something I never thought I would say!

I've just started Seed to Dust: A Gardener's Story by Marc Hamer ... and it's definitely one of those that I will be savouring. It's so well written I'm in love with it already and I'm only 20 pages in.

Also started The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. My first Swanson book, thought I'd give them a try after reading good things on here. Enjoying it so far, very intriguing.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also started The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. My first Swanson book, thought I'd give them a try after reading good things on here. Enjoying it so far, very intriguing.
The first book I read by Swanson and I don't want to overhype it but I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Has anybody read The Truth About Julia by Anna Schaffner. I'm conflicted as the reviews on amazon are very split

Reactions: 3
The Kind Worth Killing is excellent - it's Swanson's best book, in my opinion. Most of his stuff is pretty good, but that's a standout.

I'm currently working my way through Elly Griffiths 'Ruth Galloway' series. Just about to start Book #6. I'm enjoying them a lot so far if anyone is looking for a mystery/crime series to get stuck in to.

Reactions: 4
I'm still reading the Chips Channon diaries. Most of the way through volume 2 now. Annoyingly volume 3 isn't out until September.

I've also been reading Dead Famous by Greg Jenner.

Reactions: 2
Finished ‘the great alone’- really liked it. I find Kristins writing really pulls you in from the start.

I'm sure someone on last thread recommended The Weekend Away. I read it last week, really enjoyed it. Noticed there is a movie out on Netflix, I watched it yesterday, book is definitely better!

I'm sure someone on last thread recommended The Weekend Away. I read it last week, really enjoyed it. Noticed there is a movie out on Netflix, I watched it yesterday, book is definitely better!
I read this last week too and really enjoyed it….yet to watch the movie!

Reactions: 2
The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah is 99p on kindle. It was one of my top reads in 2021.

• Heart
Looks like I posted at just the wrong time as the thread got closed for a new one, hence posting again.

Amy good British booktubers I should be watching? I like Jack Edwards and Books and Bargains, Brontë Reads, the rest I’ve found are heavily into scifi, fantasy and YA. I like YTs that will be me diverse reading recs? Any suggestions welcome 🥰

Reactions: 1
Looks like I posted at just the wrong time as the thread got closed for a new one, hence posting again.

Amy good British booktubers I should be watching? I like Jack Edwards and Books and Bargains, Brontë Reads, the rest I’ve found are heavily into scifi, fantasy and YA. I like YTs that will be me diverse reading recs? Any suggestions welcome 🥰
She’s not British, but I really like Morgan Long. She does read YA, but a good mix of others too. It’s more vlogs and cozy than book recommendations and reviews.

I took the kids out to use their WBD tokens today. I picked this up Amazon product

Im planning on getting started on it today and will take a break from A Little Life.

It has really good reviews on amazon and good reads.

What book is it? The image won't load for me.
The Lies She Told by Paula Johnson. Its a scottish lit book so it was on a special table in my Waterstones. I always try and buy them if I see a new one being touted.

I have The Weekend Away to read aswell. Bought it on a 99p deal the other day.

I watched the film last night, thought it was decent. Haven't read the book though.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.