Books #8 Reading chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been reading a few Colleen Hoover books lately because TikTok said they’d destroy my soul or whatever, but they’re a bit overrated? Always some over dramatic twist when the writing is quite good but it makes me want to roll my eyes and put the book down. Easy reads though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah is 99p on kindle. It was one of my top reads in 2021.
Almost finished it and don't want it to end 🤓

I’ve been reading a few Colleen Hoover books lately because TikTok said they’d destroy my soul or whatever, but they’re a bit overrated? Always some over dramatic twist when the writing is quite good but it makes me want to roll my eyes and put the book down. Easy reads though. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I was completely influenced by booktok and was underwhelmed by the only Colleen Hoover book I read, maybe I was expecting too much.

Reactions: 3
I dont mind CoHo books. I read them as 'fillers' inbetween harder going books.

I can generally get through them in a day or two and the way she writes pulls me in.

I do think she is over hyped though.

Reactions: 8
I know they’re pretty popular on here and in general but I don’t get the hype,
I’ve tried a few, even managed some of the book club book but reading just hasn’t been going well lately 😞
CH books, I just can’t get into them and I get frustrated and automatically dislike the book when I start to dislike the author (if I feel like they’ve been hyped up for marketing reasons rather than talent 😂)

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Currently reading Caste by Isabel Wilkerson. It moves away from how culture is currently discussing race. It’s both heartbreaking and eye opening.

Reactions: 1
@mindlessness Thank you for responding! I apologize for my late reply, I wasn't online since that day. To answer your question, no my library doesn't have the book unfortunately. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1
The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah is 99p on kindle. It was one of my top reads in 2021.
i have a paperback copy arriving today, excited to read it.

i have started Betty. i remember on the previous thread said it can be a bit of a heavy read, only a few chapters in and it is quite Emotional already but I’m totally hooker.

Reactions: 2
I read quite a few of them a few years ago and forgotten all of the plots 😅 For me they are also books I read in between or when I'm in a reading slump. They're alright and I go through them fast, but I don't remember anything from them really and I find they don't improve me in any way :)

Reactions: 2
Finished The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. It exceeded expectations but I thought the twist in the middle slowed the pace right down, but I see why it had to happen. I'd read more of his books, definitely.

Reactions: 5
I am really enjoying Detransition Baby. Im a good third of the way in so far.

Long chapters which we all know is my pet hate but as its on audio I can deal with it.

Ive never read anything like it really so Im finding it interesting

Reactions: 4
Okay I didn’t realise I had ordered the hardback version it’s a beaut! I’m excited
image.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've started The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Dare. Heard great things about it. I'm thinking about listening to the audiobook too, because I really liked My Sister the Serial Killer on audio. It's got a similar vibe.

This month hasn't really gotten off to the reading start I wanted - I ran a half marathon yesterday, and my legs are feeling the PB today, so lots of sitting down with a book for me 😂 Currently re-reading One Day by David Nicholls (the references to Edinburgh always make me very happy, as it's where I did my undergraduate degree!)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Okay I didn’t realise I had ordered the hardback version it’s a beaut! I’m excited View attachment 1108434
I am so curious to hear your thoughts on this book.

I've started The Girl With the Louding Voice by Abi Dare. Heard great things about it. I'm thinking about listening to the audiobook too, because I really liked My Sister the Serial Killer on audio. It's got a similar vibe.
My Sister The Serial Killer is a great book.

I am so curious to hear your thoughts on this book.

My Sister The Serial Killer is a great book.
Im going to start it once I’ve finished pachinko which I’ve only just started so it will take me a while 🙈 I will update once I read it though!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.