Books #6 reading chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This looks like my kind of thread! I am a massive book worm, the collection of books I have on my to be read pile is so huge that I actually had to take them off my bookshelf because my husband was concerned the bookshelf was going to come through the ceiling and into the living room! 😂

I am currently reading through Alison Weirs six novel series on Henry the 8's wives. It's called the Six Tudor Queens and I am on book 5 at the moment, Katheryn Howard, The Tainted Queen.

Tudor history fascinates me and it has been a really good read so far! :giggle:
Omg I did Tudor history at university and how did I not know these existed?? Thanks for adding to my Wish List!

Reactions: 3
Finished Good Cop Bad Cop by Simon Kernick and it was amazing. It's not often I am left guessing until the end.

On a side note I've started The Coffin Club by Jacqueline Sutherland and so far it's really good. Fingers crossed it's not just a "lovely" read as it's supposed to be a thriller

Reactions: 1
Finished The Coffin Club last night and was very dissapointed with it in the end.
the writing was really good but the main character was tit. I juat couldn’t like her

Will be starting the new Orphan X book tonight called Dark Horse. I really love the series. If you enjoy thrillers then Gregg Hurwitz books are fantastic and a little different

893A3933-95E3-4662-8062-BB593E672EF7.jpeg

I have a new favourite place to visit 🥰 although I’m going to have to go and renew these one week books as I doubt I’ll finish my current one and get these read in a week!

Have also downloaded the Borrow Box app. Looking forward to having a browse through that.

Reactions: 7
I just read the couple at number 9 and Jane fallon worst idea ever. Both pretty good
has anyone read My Dark vanessa? I’m scared it might be a bit dark

Reactions: 2
I just read the couple at number 9 and Jane fallon worst idea ever. Both pretty good
has anyone read My Dark vanessa? I’m scared it might be a bit dark
My Dark Vanessa is brilliantly written but tough going. When I read it I had to put it down every few chapters for a few minutes before continuing as the subject matter is hard going.

I’ve started 56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard. It looks promising, has anyone read it?
I really enjoyed it but it isn't as good as The Nothing Man.

I found it quite eerie with all the lockdown references, it is rare that a major part of plot mirrors what you have experienced in real life

I recently started a new job and have been a teeny bit stressed, so sadly haven't been picking up my books as often these past couple weeks, but I still love checking in on this thread! It's always nice to see how vibrant and varied our reading group is!

I think I'll start a nice fun fantasy romance I've been saving ('A Court of Mist and Fury') not only because it'll be an easier read, but also it'll give me daydreaming material for those long hours on my feet 😅 Why stress about rude customers, when I can just fantasise about hot faeries instead?! :m
This is one of my all-time favourite series. Especially from book 2 onwards!

I've just finished 'It Ends With Us' by Colleen Hoover. What a gut punch of a book. Has anyone else read it? And 'A good man in Africa' by William Boyd which I read for book club. Not my usual taste but really enjoyed it, very funny characterisations.

Debating my next book... might go for the Seven Husband of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

My Dark Vanessa is brilliantly written but tough going. When I read it I had to put it down every few chapters for a few minutes before continuing as the subject matter is hard going.
I agree with this. Not sure I'd say I 'enjoyed' it but I definitely appreciated it, very well written and engaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm half way through The Girl With Seven Names: A North Korean Defector's Story by Hyeonseo Lee and it's really well written; not overly complicated or sensationalist.

I started Claire McGowan - The Other Wife on audible this morning. There is something off about the narrator, I cant put my finger on what it is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.