Books #6 reading chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recently started a new job and have been a teeny bit stressed, so sadly haven't been picking up my books as often these past couple weeks, but I still love checking in on this thread! It's always nice to see how vibrant and varied our reading group is!

I think I'll start a nice fun fantasy romance I've been saving ('A Court of Mist and Fury') not only because it'll be an easier read, but also it'll give me daydreaming material for those long hours on my feet 😅 Why stress about rude customers, when I can just fantasise about hot faeries instead?! :m

Also, I'm not sure if it counts, but I listened to it on audiobook and quite enjoyed it, but honestly I don't know that I'd bother to read it physically. Not sure if it's just because it's such a ubiquitous Christmas story and I knew it too well to be completely interested, or if I just read it at the wrong time (in August lmao, don't ask why, I don't know)?

Loved a court of mist and fury and the entire courts series really. That series is tiding me over until Tuesday when go tell the bees I am gone comes out (latest in the outlander series). Enjoy... my appreciation of cassian doubled when I read it! 👌

Reactions: 2
one of my favourites because it has an actual storyline that doesn’t involve a dog/vet/run down castle.
I loved it.

View attachment 871437
I love Karen Swan's ability to write a gripping storyline but I'm not keen on her Christmas books (probably because they're not really festive). Do you find that she concludes every book in haste? I always feel cheated out of a Prologue or even another chapter.

Reactions: 1
Kindle unlimited has quite a few, I hadn’t read that many till this year and it’s a nice little thing to sit down and focus on
I have a Kobo and keep meaning to work out how to transfer Kindle books onto it but I always forget to do it. Will have to put some effort in!

I've never read A Christmas Carol, is it worth it? I've bailed on Dickens books before so never really bothered again
I love it and read it every year. I think it’s so beautifully written. Worth giving it a go maybe ?

I love Karen Swan's ability to write a gripping storyline but I'm not keen on her Christmas books (probably because they're not really festive). Do you find that she concludes every book in haste? I always feel cheated out of a Prologue or even another chapter.
ah see I like that they’re not overly chrimassy cutsey, but she needs to replace Christmas with winter, because “Christmas” is always about 3 pages at best 😂
I really didn’t like last year’s ‘together for Christmas’ and the Christmas secret didn’t have the strongest storyline but I’ve always enjoyed the others!
I really liked Christmas at Tiffany’s but that is nowhere NEAR being a Christmas book, I did like that she wrote a sequel to that, and I’d love a prologue on the rest! I hate not knowing what has happened them because I get so invested 😂

Possibly the only thread that has never had a spat or argument 😮
There's still time, come on guys let's start some drama!

I've picked out what I want my LAST book of the year to be already, cause it's the last in a trilogy and I already KNOW I'm going to love it. Currently reading Upright Women Wanted, then about to try and get more into Into The Drowning Deep which is really slow going and dense- it's due back soon so I need to make a decision if I want to DNF it or get it on kindle and come back to it.

I’m glad you liked it too! I’ve added Vicious and the Shades of Magic books to my TBR list now (not that it needed extending 😂)
I enjoyed Vicious! It's very fast paced with short chapters and all her characters are really interesting.

ah see I like that they’re not overly chrimassy cutsey, but she needs to replace Christmas with winter, because “Christmas” is always about 3 pages at best 😂
I really didn’t like last year’s ‘together for Christmas’ and the Christmas secret didn’t have the strongest storyline but I’ve always enjoyed the others!
I really liked Christmas at Tiffany’s but that is nowhere NEAR being a Christmas book, I did like that she wrote a sequel to that, and I’d love a prologue on the rest! I hate not knowing what has happened them because I get so invested 😂
The Christmas Party and The Christmas Secret were my favourites and I can actually remember the stories. While I am lost in her other Christmas books whilst reading, I can't remember the stories now. She's an excellent author and researchers every book so well but I wish she'd write a Prologue, because, like you, I'm completely invested.

The Christmas Party and The Christmas Secret were my favourites and I can actually remember the stories. While I am lost in her other Christmas books whilst reading, I can't remember the stories now. She's an excellent author and researchers every book so well but I wish she'd write a Prologue, because, like you, I'm completely invested.
I did like the Christmas party! I think I just found the Christmas secret bored me a bit, bit that could have been my own mood when I read it! I know it’s one I started, had to stop and then went back to.

have you read this years? It’s good!
also Sarah Morgan the Christmas sisters, really liked that, it’s slightly more festive as well but it has an actual storyline to get into!

This looks like my kind of thread! I am a massive book worm, the collection of books I have on my to be read pile is so huge that I actually had to take them off my bookshelf because my husband was concerned the bookshelf was going to come through the ceiling and into the living room! 😂

I am currently reading through Alison Weirs six novel series on Henry the 8's wives. It's called the Six Tudor Queens and I am on book 5 at the moment, Katheryn Howard, The Tainted Queen.

Tudor history fascinates me and it has been a really good read so far! :giggle:

Reactions: 11
I did like the Christmas party! I think I just found the Christmas secret bored me a bit, bit that could have been my own mood when I read it! I know it’s one I started, had to stop and then went back to.

have you read this years? It’s good!
also Sarah Morgan the Christmas sisters, really liked that, it’s slightly more festive as well but it has an actual storyline to get into!

Is it Midnight in the Snow? Just had a quick glimpse at my kindle library and it's at the top. Must have bought it recently but completely forgot, I blame you lot for constantly recommending books that I pile on to my TBR list 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.