Books #6 reading chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello new thread!

we’ve just about reached the festive season!
I’ve no idea if we’ll be on a new thread by Christmas/new year but I’ll say this now, I’m excited to see what people are reading as the year comes to an end!
I’ve loved this thread over the last year and it’s introduced me to a lot of books I’d never have chosen on my own!
It’s been great to have another aspect to the influencer/gossip forums, and everyone who contributed here, it’s been a joy to discuss all things books with you ☺ It’s becoming a lovely little community.

Possibly the only thread that has never had a spat or argument 😮

well, all that aside we still have a few weeks to go before Christmas so back to reality 😂

continue here!

previous threads; https://tattle.life/tags/books/

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is my favourite thread on Tattle.

I'm working my way through some more Kindle Unlimited books, reading The Corfe Castle Murders series by Rachel McLean right now, I am really enjoying them.

I have never read a Christians/festive book but I made a note of some of those mentioned on the previous thread so maybe this year I will!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is my favourite thread on Tattle.

I'm working my way through some more Kindle Unlimited books, reading The Corfe Castle Murders series by Rachel McLean right now, I am really enjoying them.

I have never read a Christians/festive book but I made a note of some of those mentioned on the previous thread so maybe this year I will!
one of my favourites because it has an actual storyline that doesn’t involve a dog/vet/run down castle.
I loved it.

B087780C-457B-4465-83A5-9EB05C558274.jpeg

Reactions: 5
I’ve just finished The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. I loved it, it was a bit predictable in places but I looked forward to picking it up.

I’m about to start The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Joanna Bolouri, need to try and get through my Christmas books before the big day 😂

Reactions: 8
I love this thread. No arguing or drama, just open minded, book lovers. There's usually such snobbery around the type of books people like to read, but I find that everyone is welcome here no matter what type of books they like to read. Plus, it's introduced me to authors and genres I would usually go for and I'm grateful for the chance to broaden my horizons.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Best thread on here by far. Ive not read much at all this month. I started GOT on the TV and its been game over for reading. Nearly finished though so will be back to my beloved books soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This thread is great but not great for my bank balance 😂
I’m now definitely on a book buying ban! I’ll read what I’ve got and use the library.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've never read A Christmas Carol, is it worth it? I've bailed on Dickens books before so never really bothered again

Reactions: 3
Just finished The First Day of Spring by Nancy Tucker.
It’s been a while since I enjoyed a psychological thriller.
Part child, part adult narration that I thought was well written for a debut.
Trigger warnings though for child neglect and child death.

This is most definitely my favourite thread on here I have read so many books this year that I don’t think I would have without your recommendations…..who said internet trolls weren’t friendly 😂😂🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve just finished The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. I loved it, it was a bit predictable in places but I looked forward to picking it up.

I’m about to start The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Joanna Bolouri, need to try and get through my Christmas books before the big day 😂
I've been busy IRL but *ran* to this update to say I've just finished this book book and loved it! Really want to read some of the author's other books now.

Also @Caffeine Fiend Animal is my only 2 star read this year. It's never a good sign when the author has to include an *apology* at the back of the book 👀

I've been busy IRL but *ran* to this update to say I've just finished this book book and loved it! Really want to read some of the author's other books now.

Also @Caffeine Fiend Animal is my only 2 star read this year. It's never a good sign when the author has to include an *apology* at the back of the book 👀
I’m glad you liked it too! I’ve added Vicious and the Shades of Magic books to my TBR list now (not that it needed extending 😂)

• Wow
Reactions: 2

It was an audible and no apology :eek: what was the apology.

It was just such a strange, weird book. Im not sure there was even a point to it.

Reactions: 4
It was an audible and no apology :eek: what was the apology.

It was just such a strange, weird book. Im not sure there was even a point to it.
Bookmarking this so I can check my copy post kids bedtime.

I usually pass on books once I've read them but am absolutely stumped with this one 👀

I recently started a new job and have been a teeny bit stressed, so sadly haven't been picking up my books as often these past couple weeks, but I still love checking in on this thread! It's always nice to see how vibrant and varied our reading group is!

I think I'll start a nice fun fantasy romance I've been saving ('A Court of Mist and Fury') not only because it'll be an easier read, but also it'll give me daydreaming material for those long hours on my feet 😅 Why stress about rude customers, when I can just fantasise about hot faeries instead?! :m

I've never read A Christmas Carol, is it worth it? I've bailed on Dickens books before so never really bothered again

Also, I'm not sure if it counts, but I listened to it on audiobook and quite enjoyed it, but honestly I don't know that I'd bother to read it physically. Not sure if it's just because it's such a ubiquitous Christmas story and I knew it too well to be completely interested, or if I just read it at the wrong time (in August lmao, don't ask why, I don't know)?

Reactions: 6
Things have been so crazy I haven't been as active on here lately. I'm having a nightmare with my house purchase so instead of reading my book, I've been panicking reading everything I can on it. However I did finish "You" today by Caroline Kepnes. It was good but I'm not inspired to read the sequel that I borrowed from the library. I still think Project Hail Mary is too heavy to read and enjoy sadly so that will be returned too.

I'll be starting The Shelf by Helly Acton when my mind can handle it.

• Heart
Also, I'm not sure if it counts, but I listened to it on audiobook and quite enjoyed it, but honestly I don't know that I'd bother to read it physically. Not sure if it's just because it's such a ubiquitous Christmas story and I knew it too well to be completely interested, or if I just read it at the wrong time (in August lmao, don't ask why, I don't know)?
It feels like one of those classics you 'have' to read, but a lot of those end up disappointing anyway. And like you said it has been done to death in all forms of media

Currently reading The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell. Easy enough read so far, seems quite a quick one too.

I’m hoping to have a quiet work day tomorrow so I can start a new audio book. I have The Marriage by KL Slater.

Then at the weekend I’m taking my son to a library club so I’m going to do some browsing there too, so excited!

I've just taken over the work book club and we have decided our Christmas read to discuss in January is going to be Death Goes on Skis because we found the title amusing. Has anyone herw read it?

Just finished The First Day of Spring by Nancy Tucker.
It’s been a while since I enjoyed a psychological thriller.
Part child, part adult narration that I thought was well written for a debut.
Trigger warnings though for child neglect and child death.
such a hard read, I read it about 2 months ago after borrowing it from the library, without the library never have picked it up…

my two lockdown loves, this thread, the library 😂 I do say that a LOT! 😂

We should all choose a book to read together over the Christmas holidays! Like a one shot book club 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.