Books #6 reading chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have Middlemarch lurking in a drawer somewhere. Will have to give it a go this year.

If anyone else is like me and struggles to pick from their TBR, I've stolen an idea I saw on Twitter. I've written all the books down that are on my TBR onto small pieces of paper, folded them up and put them in a jar and I'm going to pick one for my next read. I'm so indecisive when it comes to choosing a book to read that I often end up not choosing one at all.

There's also a # on Twitter #beatthebacklog for those wanting to set themselves a goal/not buy any more books.
This is a really brilliant idea and I am totally going to steal this.

Can anyone tell me what Net Galley is and if it’s something worth getting involved with?

I’m going to set a target on good reads this year for my reading, I’m going to try and do 52 - whether I do or not is a different matter but a book a week shouldn’t be too much of an ask I hope. Except for when fatigue kicks in and I need naps 😂

I’d also really like to maybe try some audible books for when i’m walking, I’m not sure whether I will enjoy listening to books but is there any that people have loved on audible?

And I know I’m a bit late to the kindle chat, but I was very much someone who always preferred a physical book - when my dad died 2 years ago, I became the owner of his kindle, and it’s definitely helped me to read far more than I would’ve but it also just makes me feel close to my dad and I love it for that reason too. They’re definitely worth it, especially as a space saver and I read more at night now because of how easy the screen is to read and I don’t have to have lights on to distract my boyfriend 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Tried to get in to A Discover of Witches but couldn’t make it halfway through the first book :(
I loved it when I read it years ago, but never picked up the second or third book (though they're on the tbr!) They are rather long, which puts me off a bit I think.
There's no time for long drawn out books with a newborn. Congrats!

Ignore the second column of the books that I’m on next but these are some of my favourite authors! I’ve just also read every single Angela Marsons DI Kim Stone books and I am obsessed!! Also Lisa Jewell is another one of my fave authors!
I love this as a way to keep track of where you are in series!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
This is a really brilliant idea and I am totally going to steal this.

Can anyone tell me what Net Galley is and if it’s something worth getting involved with?

I’m going to set a target on good reads this year for my reading, I’m going to try and do 52 - whether I do or not is a different matter but a book a week shouldn’t be too much of an ask I hope. Except for when fatigue kicks in and I need naps 😂

I’d also really like to maybe try some audible books for when i’m walking, I’m not sure whether I will enjoy listening to books but is there any that people have loved on audible?

And I know I’m a bit late to the kindle chat, but I was very much someone who always preferred a physical book - when my dad died 2 years ago, I became the owner of his kindle, and it’s definitely helped me to read far more than I would’ve but it also just makes me feel close to my dad and I love it for that reason too. They’re definitely worth it, especially as a space saver and I read more at night now because of how easy the screen is to read and I don’t have to have lights on to distract my boyfriend 😂
Net Galley is a website where you can request advance copies of books in exchange for reviewing them :) I only signed up last week but have had my first book, read and reviewed.

Regarding audible I have listened to loads of books last year, like you I listen when walking the dog, i only get 1 credit a month so I do tend to keep my credits for the 2 for 1 sales and take advantage of the £3 and £1 sales Audible too. They also have quite a few books free now as long as you have an active membership which they didnt do before.

I listened to mostly non fiction last year but did listen to some fiction. It definitely helped push my books read up.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.