Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Starting the last mrs parish after a recommendation on here, can’t remember who mentioned it but I think it was a positive review? I need to look for weekend books then, have a few out on loan and as always I’m sure I’ll find more I need, not want, need 😐

Finally finished Exciting Times this morning - I literally threw it across the room, my boyfriend was rather concerned :ROFLMAO: So glad it's done - I have so many books to read (and so many that I've started to finish!). Currently reading Atlas of AI and Quiet: The Power of Introverts, but will pick up another fiction book once I've stopped being angry at Exciting Times!
Oh my good this is the toothbrush book right 😂 pretentious bull crap I wish I’d never bothered finishing. That was one of those books that left me feeling angry at goodreads, all I’ve ever seen are good reviews for it 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Starting the last mrs parish after a recommendation on here, can’t remember who mentioned it but I think it was a positive review?
I read that one too after the same recommendation! It was enjoyable AND it reminded me of a Mexican telenovela. When they make it for the screen I expect something like this -
mexican-soap.gif

There are some AMAZING telenovela gifs on Google but they're too big to fit here - BOOOOO

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Starting the last mrs parish after a recommendation on here, can’t remember who mentioned it but I think it was a positive review? I need to look for weekend books then, have a few out on loan and as always I’m sure I’ll find more I need, not want, need 😐

Oh my good this is the toothbrush book right 😂 pretentious bull crap I wish I’d never bothered finishing. That was one of those books that left me feeling angry at goodreads, all I’ve ever seen are good reviews for it 😂
The Last Mrs Parrish was my last read and I haven't found a good book to read since. Ended up returning a Prime book last night because it just felt too long winded and I was 10% through as well 😭

Reactions: 2
The Last Mrs Parrish was my last read and I haven't found a good book to read since. Ended up returning a Prime book last night because it just felt too long winded and I was 10% through as well 😭
I’m really enjoying it so far! If you recommend THANK YOU!

I enjoyed The Last Mrs Parrish.

I am reading Les Miserables as part of an Insta read-a-long. Need to find a few quick easy reads to read alongside it. Still limited to the Kindle and am missing a real parish book so, so much now.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Another brilliant thing to come out of lockdown is this thread/our little book community 🥰

I’m so sad 😂
No! You’re a book lover who just needs other people to love books as well! Who said tattle was a terrible site ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Another brilliant thing to come out of lockdown is this thread/our little book community 🥰

I’m so sad 😂
My tbr pile and my Kindle 99p book pile would be a fraction of the size they are if it wasn't for this thread. But I love it!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Maybe we could do a bit of an end of year round up similar to how on Goodreads people vote for their favourites from different categories. :giggle: or rather than genres we could do things like best overall, funniest book, one I would re-read, book I finished in a day etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Maybe we could do a bit of an end of year round up similar to how on Goodreads people vote for their favourites from different categories. :giggle: or rather than genres we could do things like best overall, funniest book, one I would re-read, book I finished in a day etc.
Great idea!

• Heart
All four books are lovely reads. You'll have a lump in your throat a few times too
You're right I got all teary eyed in places and was laughing out loud at others! I've finished the first and started on the second now.

Reactions: 1

I just liked the cover! Looking at it now, there are more accurate reviews on Goodreads, but Christ what a piece of crap 😂😂

• Haha
I’m going to start keeping a note of books I borrow from the library and putting the money aside. Bet I’ll save a fortune. Got 3 books out just now.

Reactions: 8
Super sad because I have to return Dune to the library while half way through (and loving it), and can't renew because someone has a hold :' ( I abhor movie covers on books, but it looks like I might have to just get the movie cover edition... :' (

1636169251550.png
1636169293701.png

£4.50 but hideous paperback VS. gorgeous but like £60 hardback... It's not an option, but I like to look at it just to torture myself a little.

And the awful 'soon to be a major motion picture' sticker... way to rub salt into my wounds! It's bad enough that it's a movie cover, I don't need to be kicked while I'm down.

Super sad because I have to return Dune to the library while half way through (and loving it), and can't renew because someone has a hold :' ( I abhor movie covers on books, but it looks like I might have to just get the movie cover edition... :' (

View attachment 849576 View attachment 849577

£4.50 but hideous paperback VS. gorgeous but like £60 hardback... It's not an option, but I like to look at it just to torture myself a little.

And the awful 'soon to be a major motion picture' sticker... way to rub salt into my wounds! It's bad enough that it's a movie cover, I don't need to be kicked while I'm down.
https://www.wob.com/en-gb/category/all?search=Dune There are some nicer looking editions (at good prices) on World of Books! (that link includes sequels too I think, so double check its the right book?)

I hate TV/Movie covers as well!

• Heart

Oh I hate them too because I always feel like people will think I only read the book because of the movie! Kindle seems to automatically update to the movie cover and I hate it - not that anyone ever sees the covers of my kindle books but still it's the principal

Reactions: 3
I enjoyed The Last Mrs Parrish.

I am reading Les Miserables as part of an Insta read-a-long. Need to find a few quick easy reads to read alongside it. Still limited to the Kindle and am missing a real parish book so, so much now.
Sorry to be nosy but do they not allow printed books into where you are? I just thought it sounds incredibly isolating and wondered if this applied to other patients too. And I'm sorry to hear you're still stuck there too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Have a look on ebay, there must be second hand copies doing the rounds

It was 99p on kindle not that long ago

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.