Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could anyone recommend me some Audible recommendations? I have 3 credits to use or Ill be paying full price but I cant threaten to cancel without losing the credits.

I prefer non fiction / biographies / auto biographies (doesnt need to be a famous person if theyve got an interesting story to tell) on Audible but currently listening to Celeste Ng - Everything I Never Told You and enjoying it.

I also listened to Shuggie Bain which I liked in Audio. Didnt like The Perfect Wife much. I adored Trevor Noah's autobiography, it was brilliant and also liked This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay and Unnatural Causes.

I like True Crime too and thought American Kingpin was really interesting.

I wouldnt listen to chick lit I dont think.
I hope these links work. I'm terrible for starting books and audio books only to get bored and give up on them, but all the below are ones I've read to the end.

https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/My-Tho...44d-2b41ca41066e&pf_rd_r=NBATNBCYPH199J4HED99

Also, I cannot recommend this series of books highly enough - The Chronicals of St Mary's by Jodi Taylor. I;ve read all the books and now am starting the audiobooks. The narrator is very good. They fall under Sci-fi / fantasy but are more comedy in a suspend-your-disbelief setting. I love them.

Reactions: 3
Finished the babysitter by Phoebe Morgan
(Pretty good)
And the Christmas escape by Sarah Morgan
(I liked it, as always with a Sarah Morgan Christmas book 😂 although it’s not the strongest storyline to be honest, ive preferred her other ones, and Karen Swan was the contest this year, but I loved the setting)
And a cosy Christmas in Cornwall by Jane Linfoot
(Tragic, I want those hours back 😐)

I need a neeeeeeew booooooook 😩
Has anyone read the new Sophie Kinsella book? I’ve really not enjoyed her last few releases at all so I’m not rushing to get it.

Side note: if anyone is looking for a winter type book, go for Karen swans latest! It’s a good one

Reactions: 7
Just powered through Jane Fallon's latest - Worst Idea Ever. Really liked it and now onto The Appeal by Janice Hallett which is brilliant and I'm racing through it.

Reactions: 2
I used to love the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella but felt they went seriously downhill with the ones set in the US. Found Christmas Shopaholic in the charity shop where I volunteer and I loved it. Felt much more like the earlier books and was very festive @Oohthedrama

Reactions: 8
@Housework Fairy I love the One Dammed Thing series! A friend recommended it to me as a light read when on night feeds with my youngest. I've only read the first book but absolutely love it.

There's a Facebook group I'm on and someone read the first 7/8 books in the series during October. Now that's commitment!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Housework Fairy I love the One Dammed Thing series! A friend recommended it to me as a light read when on night feeds with my youngest. I've only read the first book but absolutely love it.

There's a Facebook group I'm on and someone read the first 7/8 books in the series during October. Now that's commitment!
Yay! A fellow disaster magnet :) On paper, it isn't my cup of tea or usual read at all, I'm so glad I read the first book. I don't know what prompted me to do so. I've just finished book 10, I have the next two, and there's a thirteenth for release next year.

• Heart

Yay! A fellow disaster magnet :) On paper, it isn't my cup of tea or usual read at all, I'm so glad I read the first book. I don't know what prompted me to do so. I've just finished book 10, I have the next two, and there's a thirteenth for release next year.
I've decided to check this out! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll pop in once I've read some and share my thoughts, but it sounds fun!

Me this morning: ooh no I shan't buy that kindle book it's too dear at £4.99

Me this afternoon: *spends £15 in oxfam books* 🤦‍♀️

Think I'm on a buy ban until December now...

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I started The Ex Hex last night and will probably finish it today. It’s a light hearted read perfect for Halloween, I’m flying through it.

Reactions: 5
I've finished The coven by Lizzie Fry. It is about witches so it worked out perfectly with Halloween. I thought it was good. Another library read so that is £4.49 saved. But I have noticed it was £2 paperback and part of Amazon's 3 for £5 paperback deal. 😱😱 Loads of books I want on there too!!!

One more library book before I try to pick up the next 3 I have waiting for me this weekend.

Reactions: 4
I started The Ex Hex last night and will probably finish it today. It’s a light hearted read perfect for Halloween, I’m flying through it.
I read this last week and it's exactly how you described it. A very light read but it's fun and definitely put me in the autumn/halloween mood!

Reactions: 1
Pinch punch, amazon prime first reads time of the month. Happy Amazon Prime first reads day!
I have zero interest in any of the options this month so going to give it a few days and see if I change my mind 😂

Reactions: 4
I Am Pilgrim is 99p today. It is one of the best books I have read this year.
Its such a good read. Wonder if we'l ever get his next book 😂

Well Im absolutely over the moon to say last night I reached my target of 52 books for the year. I looked on the Kindle insights and last year read 2. So this is a huge achievement for me. I spent so long in the pandemic doom scrolling. Was such an unproductive waste of time that really impacted my mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Its such a good read. Wonder if we'l ever get his next book 😂

Well Im absolutely over the moon to say last night I reached my target of 52 books for the year. I looked on the Kindle insights and last year read 2. So this is a huge achievement for me. I spent so long in the pandemic doom scrolling. Was such an unproductive waste of time that really impacted my mental health.
Well done on the 52 books! 🤗

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.