Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't normally read Christmas books but now from your posts I feel like i've been missing out 😂 so the other day I bought Always in December by Emily Stone. Feeling down in the dumps today so might wrap up in a blanket and read it now 🎄🤶

I'm more influenced by this thread than any influencer I've ever followed... amazon, waterstones, where are our sponsorships?! 😂
the actual embarrassment of the book I just read 😅 it was so bad.
oh let me know what it’s like, because clearly I need to read more this week 😏

Tammy Cohen dying for Christmas is a good one.
I just finished the wedding party yesterday, it wasn’t bad 🤷‍♀️ But not “wow that was brilliant“ either.
it was very predictable from early on.

Reactions: 2
the actual embarrassment of the book I just read 😅 it was so bad.
oh let me know what it’s like, because clearly I need to read more this week 😏

I just finished the wedding party yesterday, it wasn’t bad 🤷‍♀️ But not “wow that was brilliant“ either.
it was very predictable from early on.
Agreed. I am thinking she's one of those authors who can't sustain their earlier brilliance. Saline Durrant is another, loved her first two hated the others

Reactions: 1
Yess I would like more spooky books!

I'm reading The Ex Hex at the moment. It's quite cheesy but an easy read and I'm enjoying it so far!

Amazon product
I decided to check this out, and YES, this is precisely the vibe I was looking for!! Only read the prologue so far, but it's giving everything I needed it to give, thanks so much for the recommendation! Let me just light my pumpkin spice candle, sip my tea and enjoy 🎃

• Heart
Reactions: 4
New Richard osman! How he keeps doing this I don’t know and I NEVER like hyped books! How has he created this world! Slightly scared that he’s already sorted number 3 so like is it gonna be as good? Is this just for the money…. Feel really conflicted lol

I’m reading an Adele Parks book and it’s so far really predictable with an annoying main character I want to shake! Why is she such a fanny 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
New Richard osman! How he keeps doing this I don’t know and I NEVER like hyped books! How has he created this world! Slightly scared that he’s already sorted number 3 so like is it gonna be as good? Is this just for the money…. Feel really conflicted lol
Weird question but is it actually Richard writing them? Is there a ghostwriter?

Same question for georgia toffolo lol

Reactions: 5

Georgie yes! She admitted it or I read it somewhere, his seems legit based on what he’s written on Twitter

i think Richard writes his book but not Georgia.

I held off reading Richards first book as it was so over-hyped and I usually hate books like that but as other tattlers have said I read one and enjoyed it so much and enjoyed the second one as well. I like books that build a whole world around them and love how they are based on older people!

Reactions: 8
I decided to check this out, and YES, this is precisely the vibe I was looking for!! Only read the prologue so far, but it's giving everything I needed it to give, thanks so much for the recommendation! Let me just light my pumpkin spice candle, sip my tea and enjoy 🎃
Im about 60% of the way through and am enjoying it! Let me know how you get on. :giggle:
i think Richard writes his book but not Georgia.

I held off reading Richards first book as it was so over-hyped and I usually hate books like that but as other tattlers have said I read one and enjoyed it so much and enjoyed the second one as well. I like books that build a whole world around them and love how they are based on older people!
I have the second but haven't read it yet. I really enjoyed the first though and agree I like that it was based on older people. I loved the characters and found them v funny. I wouldn't class it as a serious crime plot it was more the characters that made the book so enjoyable for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I heard Richard Osman on the radio a while ago and he was saying he wanted to write anonymously with a pen name so that people would just view the books as books and not books by a celeb, but it was pretty much a deal breaker that the books were published under his real name. So I'd say there is no ghost writer.

Reactions: 6
I just saw that The Woman in the Woods is 99p on Kindle, I can't remember who was asking for sppoky books a few pages back but this one is pretty eerie.

Amazon product

• Heart
I’m poorly so expecting a couple of days in bed so I’m just starting the first Will Trent book. I have high hopes!

Angela Marsons Kim Stone series is great considering it’s 13 or so books in.

Reactions: 1
Tempted to ask admin to automatically remove any posts that say “***** is only 99p on kindle” in order to save me from myself 😐

Just like an alcoholic would ask their friends to lock away the Bacardi Breezer before they go home.

(yes I did say Bacardi Breezer. 😐
the OG one obviously)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Tempted to ask admin to automatically remove any posts that say “***** is only 99p on kindle” in order to save me from myself 😐

Just like an alcoholic would ask their friends to lock away the Bacardi Breezer before they go home.

(yes I did say Bacardi Breezer. 😐
the OG one obviously)
God, a 99p kindle book and a Bacardi breezer - what a bloody amazing combo that would be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Pineapple were the dream. The best.

I used to make fat frogs with pineapple rather than orange. Absolutely delicious.

Ive got heartburn just thinking about it now. I dont think I could manage even a sip without Gaviscon 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.