Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved the babysittersclub when I was young. A while ago I bought a couple of the graphic novels and really enjoyed them. I also like the netflix series😄
OMG I didn’t know there was a Netflix series! That’s me sorted tonight 😂

Reactions: 4
Even though I usually love autumn and Halloween, this year I'm just not feeling the cozy/spooky vibes :(

Does anyone have any book recommendations to get me in that mood? I'm hoping for something kinda light and cozy, an easy read to immerse me into spooky season properly🍁🎃

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@qwikti I know what you mean. Yesterday I browsed through my TBR shelves for spooky reads and thought "Actually I don't really feel like it!"

Sorry no suggestions but I have just started The Forgotten Letters of Esther Durrant which is partly set in an asylum in 1950s Cornwall. It has a bit of a spooky feel but offset by other storylines that....are not.

• Heart
Even though I usually love autumn and Halloween, this year I'm just not feeling the cozy/spooky vibes :(

Does anyone have any book recommendations to get me in that mood? I'm hoping for something kinda light and cozy, an easy read to immerse me into spooky season properly🍁🎃
Yess I would like more spooky books!

I'm reading The Ex Hex at the moment. It's quite cheesy but an easy read and I'm enjoying it so far!

Amazon product

Reactions: 2
How to read more...

1) Read this thread
2) rejoin the library

Nearly finished 'Hostage' hoping to get that finished tonight. Also reading invisible girl by Lisa Jewell through borrowbox and the best of friends by Lucinda Berry on the kindle.

Collected these from the library today 😁😁
@Meangirl815 I read The Hostage recently and really enjoyed it.

• Heart
How to read more...

1) Read this thread
2) rejoin the library

Nearly finished 'Hostage' hoping to get that finished tonight. Also reading invisible girl by Lisa Jewell through borrowbox and the best of friends by Lucinda Berry on the kindle.

Collected these from the library today 😁😁
I read The Flight last week and really liked it.

• Heart
Pls update with your thoughts on the Lucinda Berry book! I read The Secrets of Us by her, and didn't find that it reached it's full potential for me sadly, so I'm curious how her other books pan out.

Hoping to try more thrillers over the next few months, so I bought Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton (thanks to seeing the 99p deal in this thread!) so I might try that later this month!

Reactions: 6
Pls update with your thoughts on the Lucinda Berry book! I read The Secrets of Us by her, and didn't find that it reached it's full potential for me sadly, so I'm curious how her other books pan out.

Hoping to try more thrillers over the next few months, so I bought Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton (thanks to seeing the 99p deal in this thread!) so I might try that later this month!
Three Hours is brilliant.

Reactions: 5
Last night I finished The Passenger by Daniel Hurst. There there a couple of plot holes IMHO but I was happy to overlook them as I really enjoyed the story. It was a good book and I managed to fly through it very quickly. This was part of the amazon prime library so even better with it being free!

I want to try to take advantage of a few more Amazon Prime books. There are a few I want to read but just haven't got around to yet cause I keep buying 99p books

Invisible Women is 99p today! It's about the gender data gap I found it v interesting.

Amazon product
That's such a good price! I bought the hardcopy of this about a year ago (waaay overpriced) and it's still unread on my shelf 😅 if anyone else has read it: how was it?

Invisible women is a great read but itl just make you angry.

Ive read this year Invisble Women, Men Who Hate Women, Down Girl, She Said and In Control: Dangerous relationships and how they end in murder.

All it does is make me even more upset and angry.

• Heart
Has anyone read the serial killers wife? Is it worth persevering? If the main character says “Poppy poppet” one more time I might throw it out of window

Invisible Women is 99p today! It's about the gender data gap I found it v interesting.

Amazon product
I wish everyone would read this book.

Invisible women is a great read but itl just make you angry.

Ive read this year Invisble Women, Men Who Hate Women, Down Girl, She Said and In Control: Dangerous relationships and how they end in murder.

All it does is make me even more upset and angry.
We need to be angry though. Sitting passively equates no change.

Anyway, this is a safe haven from all that.

I know I have asked this before a while ago but does anyone subscribe to a book subscription? I have a Berts Book one (totally fabulous btw) but my birthday is coming soon and I plan to get my husband to get me another one. Tempted by A Box of Stories. I did the Shelter one for a while but I really felt it was a bit political or something and I mostly want to read books for fun not because I am trying to solve world peace.

99p books will be the death of me.
i draw the line at paying 8 quid for a book, then buy twenty seven at 99p a pop and come on here, find a book that’s been mentioned, by that as well and store the rest in my TBR 🙈

and no, I absolutely did not read another Christmas book,
I don’t know where you got that from but you’re a liar 😐
I have to admit, stick a turkey or Christmas tree in a storyline and I tend to overlook how god awful the book actually is.
I'm a sucker for a bit of garland to cover up a woeful plot.

exactly how many castles are there in Scotland and the U.K. and why are the handsome owners always single........sitting ready for the damaged woman/single mum that they’ll wife up.

but my birthday is coming soon and I plan to get my husband to get me another one
I’ve just realised we’ll have this thread at CHRISTMAS!!!!
book gifts, gift suggestions, post Christmas/new year reads 🥰😃😍

• Haha
Reactions: 17
99p books will be the death of me.
i draw the line at paying 8 quid for a book, then buy twenty seven at 99p a pop and come on here, find a book that’s been mentioned, by that as well and store the rest in my TBR 🙈

and no, I absolutely did not read another Christmas book,
I don’t know where you got that from but you’re a liar 😐
I have to admit, stick a turkey or Christmas tree in a storyline and I tend to overlook how god awful the book actually is.
I'm a sucker for a bit of garland to cover up a woeful plot.

exactly how many castles are there in Scotland and the U.K. and why are the handsome owners always single........sitting ready for the damaged woman/single mum that they’ll wife up.

I’ve just realised we’ll have this thread at CHRISTMAS!!!!
book gifts, gift suggestions, post Christmas/new year reads 🥰😃😍
I don't normally read Christmas books but now from your posts I feel like i've been missing out 😂 so the other day I bought Always in December by Emily Stone. Feeling down in the dumps today so might wrap up in a blanket and read it now 🎄🤶

I'm more influenced by this thread than any influencer I've ever followed... amazon, waterstones, where are our sponsorships?! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.