Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I didn’t read the email properly. Thanks for flagging that we get 2 books! Decisions decisions…
im thinking A Day Like This + Her Perfect Family

Reactions: 5
Rock Paper Scissors - 99p today

Her Perfect Family - first reads purchase.

Happy happy happy! 🥰
I was so pleased to see Rock Paper Scissors was 99p. I will never be able to stop buying books when this keeps happening.

i went for Her Perfect Family too, and A Day Like This. Don't forget you can get two first reads books this month.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just bought Baby It’s Cold Outside by Emily Bell for 99p (sticking with my Christmas theme). American Dirt is 99p too!

Happy Amazon First Reads Day. I can’t say I’m particularly excited about any of them though 😂
Thanks for the reminder about Prime First Reads. I’ve gone for A day like this and Her perfect family. Also got American Dirt for 99p thanks to your post!

Oh I didn’t read the email properly. Thanks for flagging that we get 2 books! Decisions decisions…
im thinking A Day Like This + Her Perfect Family
I got those two as well!

Reactions: 2
I was so pleased to see Rock Paper Scissors was 99p. I will never be able to stop buying books when this keeps happening.

i went for Her Perfect Family too, and A Day Like This. Don't forget you can get two first reads books this month.
I hadn’t noticed two books so thank you. Going to go back for a second look!

Reactions: 4
Hello all! I emigrated and now I'm wildly behind on my yearly reading challenge 😭 A day off today, which I'm taking entirely for myself and my Kindle!

Reactions: 7
I wanted to go for A Day Like This but accidentally clicked buy on Her Perfect Family. Happy to read it anyways and if A Day Like This gets good reviews here I’ll consider buying it when it’s released properly. Went for The Passing Storm as my second choice.

Reactions: 1
All of the new 99p books and two first reads picks?! feels like Christmas has come early

Ive picked Parting the Veil as one of my first reads books, but can't decide for the second, I'll give it some thought then come back later!

Reactions: 3
I’m really enjoying Tall Oaks. There is a big cast of characters and they are all interesting.

Read time of our lives by Portia MacIntosh and the high society by Judy Blundell over the last couple of days.
both borrowed from the library!

quick question, if you’re in the U.K. and you’re on Borrowbox/Libby
what is your catalog like? (For both books and audiobooks)

I’m wondering how different they are and what the difference in availability is between countries. 😯

I’ve just bought Baby It’s Cold Outside by Emily Bell for 99p (sticking with my Christmas theme). American Dirt is 99p too!

Happy Amazon First Reads Day. I can’t say I’m particularly excited about any of them though 😂
I ended up going for Her Perfect Family and Parting The Veil.

Read time of our lives by Portia MacIntosh and the high society by Judy Blundell over the last couple of days.

I’m wondering how different they are and what the difference in availability is between countries. 😯

I think you can browse our Borrowbox without having to sign in.

It is OK. I think it could be better. I just searched for Stolen and it will be available on 13th November and the new Sally Rooney will be available at the beginning of December. I don't use it very often because anything I want to read is either not on there or is not available for months.

Last edited:

There will be differences depending on the amount each library service chooses to spend on ebooks. BorrowBox and Libby are different providers. Not all library services will have both. Some publishers are only available from certain providers. Overdrive (Libby) has been going longer but tends to have more US content.

I use Libby for audiobooks and find the selection not bad. Anything they don’t have I just get on audible

Have anyone read any Barbara Cartland books and are there any you recommend? No idea why but I’ve been drawn to reading her books for awhile but there’s so many. I think it’s all the pink and garish make up - lady after my own heart

I didn’t realise there would be any difference at first, signed up to my local library Borrowbox and there was only 2 books I wanted to read on there. Made an account at my boyfriends local library a few weeks ago and there’s 20+ books that were on my wishlist!

Amazing for saving money

Reactions: 4
I use Libby for audiobooks and find the selection not bad. Anything they don’t have I just get on audible
There will be differences depending on the amount each library service chooses to spend on ebooks. BorrowBox and Libby are different providers. Not all library services will have both. Some publishers are only available from certain providers. Overdrive (Libby) has been going longer but tends to have more US content.

I think you can browse our Borrowbox without having to sign in.

It is OK. I think it could be better. I just searched for Stolen and it will be available on 13th November and the new Sally Rooney will be available at the beginning of December. I don't use it very often because anything I want to read is either not on there or is not available for months.
Wow, theres such a difference to my library!

I find BorrowBox a lot better to overdrive/Libby here.
I struggle to find anything worth borrowing on Libby lately, but I have a reading list at the ready on BB 😂

I’m signed up with three libraries as I overlap counties/local authorities. One has BorrowBox which is never updated, the other two are Overdrive which I prefer. One of them buys a lot more new books than the other. It depends how much funding they have and who is allocated to purchase them.
I like recommending titles on Overdrive but none of mine have been purchased for ages.

Reactions: 7
Don’t judge but I’m signed in at three or… well let’s just say 3 😬
So I can reserve and borrow more books 😂

I’ve said it before I play library Pokémon, I need ALL the books.
But I read and return them quickly so I don’t feel bad.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.