Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Laurenia

Recommendations please

Best psychological thrillers from the past few years. I'm trying my hardest to get into 'stolen' and it's just not grabbing me. I'm not hating it just not loving it

I love a book with a good twist or 2
I’ve just finished In My Dreams I Hold A Knife which was really good. I think it is pretty recent.

Back to festive books now though - Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4

slugella

VIP Member
📢 Enabling alert 😂 .. You Had Me At Hello by Mhairi McFarlane is 99p for Kindle at the moment - it's one of my favourites of hers. 😊

So is The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang, that was a good read too.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Glad to know it’s not just me! I read a book and seem to forget what happened as soon as I’ve finished 🤦‍♀️
I usually know I enjoyed a book a lot because I remember what happened after putting it down. Though it sometimes takes a while to realise that

I've been having a bit of a reading slump, but have been building a tbr list based on TikTok recommendations
I tried reading Geek Love by Katherine Dunn and the writing just didn't really click with me for some reason
Picked up My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell instead

mindlessness

VIP Member
Its such a good read. Wonder if we'l ever get his next book 😂

Well Im absolutely over the moon to say last night I reached my target of 52 books for the year. I looked on the Kindle insights and last year read 2. So this is a huge achievement for me. I spent so long in the pandemic doom scrolling. Was such an unproductive waste of time that really impacted my mental health.
Oh well done! Its been the same for me, I’m reading so much more and doom scrolling less this year, which in turn has improved my mental health!

How does everyone track their reading? A notebook? Good reads? Spreadsheet? I don’t do anything but I would love to know and look back on how many books I read, the split of genres, word count etc

mindlessness

VIP Member
I haven’t read a book in monthssssss after reading loads and being on this thread constantly at the start of the year.

Last night I downloaded “it ends with us” by Colleen Hoover and I’ve finished it already. It tore my heart out but my god I loved it. I loved all the main characters and I’ll definitely read more from her.

SO happy to be out of my reading slump 🤩🤓🤓
She's just finished writing the script for an 'It ends with us' movie! So you have that to look forward to at some point in the future!

Yay for escaping the reading slump!🎉

• Heart

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
I’m poorly so expecting a couple of days in bed so I’m just starting the first Will Trent book. I have high hopes!

openbook1

VIP Member
Just finished All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffen and liked it.
I am about to start It Ends With Us by Coleen Hoover.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Thank you everyone for sharing your tracking methods! I think a notebook/page in my diary (planner) will be the way to go. That way I can add the info from my 'Kindle Insights' (thanks for the reminder this existed @Cheddar Chalpupa!) plus the physical books.

Just broken up with my boyfriend of almost 2 years - any recommendations for good post break up books?

I heart New York - girl breaks up with her bf and runs off to NYC.

I’m going to start keeping a note of books I borrow from the library and putting the money aside. Bet I’ll save a fortune. Got 3 books out just now.
Fantastic idea! I will join you on that one. I worked out my amount so far so I’ll start my little pot off with that 😄

• Heart

Laurenia

I loved the babysittersclub when I was young. A while ago I bought a couple of the graphic novels and really enjoyed them. I also like the netflix series😄
OMG I didn’t know there was a Netflix series! That’s me sorted tonight 😂

Another book finished within 24 hours... Really really enjoyed Such a fun age! I am so glad I got it from the library now.
I think I will read the plot next. That is another one I have been looking forward to.

Meangirl815

VIP Member
OK i was wrong about stolen I'm at 90% and can't finish it quick enough

Apologies for thinking you were all wrong 😉😉

• Haha

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m ready to read festive/Christmas books, I know there’s been some mentioned but I also don’t have the energy to scroll through to find them partly because i’ll end up adding other books to my list and only want Christmas ones 😂 hit me with your best please

Have any of you read any of the ones in this pic?
0C495E2C-81C3-494F-9292-2A5604FD40AC.png

• Heart

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
I love the library too. One of my Saturday jobs was to shelf stack in a library. Loved it.
My local one is tiny, they never rotate stock and it's run by volunteers who constantly bitch about people in the hearing of customers, so it's really awkward. It's a shame really, but it's probably gonna be shut down in the near future as not many people use it.

• Sad

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
So I finally finished Stolen….. OMG 😱 I was not expecting that ending at all. Loved all the twists and turns throughout the book.

I did briefly think Luca’s parents might be involved towards the beginning of the book but then kind of forgot about them and Luca being alive was a huge shock for me.

Moanyoldwoman

Anyone else a big fan of Khalid Hussain?

he wrote The Kite Runner (I absolutely loved this - cried on the tube in front of everyone and even my mum who never hardly read was engrossed). A Thousand Splendid Suns (absolutely loved it too and only slightly fell under The Kite Runner) And The Mountains Echoed (I didn’t like this half as much as the others).

His latest book is The Sea Prayer and I wondered if anyone has read it and what did they think compared to his others (if they have read them)

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
My pre-ordered copy of Aisling in the City arrived this morning, cant wait to get stuck in over the weekend 🤗

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I'm Jewish too, and I know exactly how you feel. It's just too hard to read about certain things.
Thank you. I didn't know if I explained it very well so I'm glad all my book friend understand and someone else is the same. I've tried explaining to my family before but they never really got it. Thank you everyone xx
completely understand where you’re both coming from, sometimes a subject is too raw and brings up too many feelings and emotions.
I think people who really love books and get invested in them emotionally (I know I do!) will struggle like this at times/with certain topics. ❤❤❤

• Heart