Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t remember if I have posted my current read or not 😂 I’m onto The Invisible Life if Addie LaRue by V E Schwab. I’m loving it, but it’s also taking me ages to read because I’m trying to savour it.

Reactions: 2
I can’t remember if I have posted my current read or not 😂 I’m onto The Invisible Life if Addie LaRue by V E Schwab. I’m loving it, but it’s also taking me ages to read because I’m trying to savour it.
Ohh this one is really high on my tbr! Let me know how you like it!!

Reactions: 1
I finished From Venice with Love last night; it was okay, but I didn't LOVE it. Currently getting stuck into some non-fiction; reading Alonement after my recent breakup - about to start The Guilty Feminist!

Hello 👋 I haven’t visited these threads for a while, I got in to quite a reading slump and wasn’t really enjoying anything I was reading, I was only finishing the books off because I hate (hate 😬) leaving books unfinished. I really need to stop that!

Anyway I’m just finishing off a Stephen King which I’ve really enjoyed and I think the reason for that is that it’s a proper long read that you can delve in to and get familiar with the world it’s set in? I think that’s also why I really like Donna Tartt, same sort of thing where it’s a long read that you can get in to.

I’ve read most of King’s so kind of looking for some other books of that type of length/style, does anyone have any particular recs?

Or alternatively a meaty series I can get stuck in to 🤣

Reactions: 6
What did you think of the ending of not a happy family? I felt it was a bit rushed but enjoyed the book overall!
just finished ‘the end of her’ by the same author, again, good plot, seemed promising, last few chapters seemed to have been written 5 minutes before they had to be handed in to the teacher 😐
also finished the party crasher by Sophie Kinsella, ended up being better than I expected but it wouldn’t be one I’d recommend, her books really are just a bit silly overall to be honest. Glad I’m finished it, and that doesn’t say much 😐

I’ve just finished Beautiful world where are you….I hate not finishing books but I really wish I hadn’t have wasted my time with it!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just read about a boy after watching it and my days the audiobook is fab! Total feel good book! Doesn’t try to go too deep into certain topics but does them justice

• Heart
I finished Animal by Lisa Taddeo today. Wtf is all I can say. What a weird book.

I really enjoyed Three Women and I knew Animal was a novel but it was such an odd take for a first novel.

Hello 👋 I haven’t visited these threads for a while, I got in to quite a reading slump and wasn’t really enjoying anything I was reading, I was only finishing the books off because I hate (hate 😬) leaving books unfinished. I really need to stop that!

Anyway I’m just finishing off a Stephen King which I’ve really enjoyed and I think the reason for that is that it’s a proper long read that you can delve in to and get familiar with the world it’s set in? I think that’s also why I really like Donna Tartt, same sort of thing where it’s a long read that you can get in to.

I’ve read most of King’s so kind of looking for some other books of that type of length/style, does anyone have any particular recs?

I tried Donna Tartt but I just hated her writing for me it was so boring.

If you'd like a long novel try Pilgrim by Terry Hayes, not sure if it would be your cup of tea but it's a looooooong book :)

I tried Donna Tartt but I just hated her writing for me it was so boring.

If you'd like a long novel try Pilgrim by Terry Hayes, not sure if it would be your cup of tea but it's a looooooong book :)
This sounds like exactly what I’m after, thank you so much!

I can highly recommend the 'Wool' trilogy by Hugh Howey, its a post apocalyptic story and had me hooked from the get go. I also enjoyed another trilogy The Passage by Justin Cronin which is another post apocalyptic vampire type story. If you like long, gripping reads they're worth a try, totally brilliant in my opinion.

• Heart
I can highly recommend the 'Wool' trilogy by Hugh Howey, its a post apocalyptic story and had me hooked from the get go. I also enjoyed another trilogy The Passage by Justin Cronin which is another post apocalyptic vampire type story. If you like long, gripping reads they're worth a try, totally brilliant in my opinion.
Thank you for both of these!

I feel like winter weather, being inside, cosy, with some long reads is exactly what I need 🤣

Reactions: 1
I finished Alonement this evening - would recommend!
Isn't it lovely? One of my favourites. Have you read any Kazuo Ishiguro? Never Let Me Go and Atonement are sort of paired together in my mind. Possibly as I read them at a similar time (and then of course there are the movies, both with Keira Knightley). But I think also because of the way they both explore the anguish of youth and first love in a world you don't/can't control or understand.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
thread 6!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.