Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I've seen it mentioned on this thread before - I just finished Educated by Tara Westover and I really enjoyed it! Does anyone have any recommendations for other memoirs that I could get stuck into?
Really recommend unfollow by Megan Phelps-roper (she used to be a member of the Westboro Baptist church)
I like Wild as well by Cheryl strayed but I think it became a bit too popular 😂

Reactions: 2
Really recommend unfollow by Megan Phelps-roper (she used to be a member of the Westboro Baptist church)
I like Wild as well by Cheryl strayed but I think it became a bit too popular 😂
She’s done a podcast on bbc sounds that’s good (I say good, I use it with my students for something)

Reactions: 1
Aldi have books for 2.99 in the middle aisle at the minute!! Picked a few up today and hoping having a proper book to read rather than my kindle will get me out my reading funk. Going to put aside an hour tonight and turn my phone off and just read! 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just finished Mrs England. It was very different to what I usually read but it was a nice change.

I got The Push on the 99p deal too so about to start that next. This is book 58 of the year, working from home has given me so much extra time!

Reactions: 4
I finished The Push last night! Ended up staying up much later than I wanted to just to finish it off. That last line….wow!

Reactions: 5
I started The Push last night too! Only read about 15% so far I was knackered last night. Again the style of writing that has me wanting to read more from the beginning. I think slow burner books arent for me, I really struggle with so many books for the first maybe 30%.

Reactions: 2
Argh, my copy of The Push is currently in a storage lock up along with all my other books 🤦‍♀️ Got about 40 boxes and no idea which one it is in. Almost tempted to buy the Kindle copy in the meantime.

I'm not loving Animal by Lisa Taddeo as much as I thought I would be. But I'm nearly halfway through and not sure I can give up now.

Just finished The Wolf Den by Elodie Harper novel about slaves in a Pompeii brothel. I absolutely loved it.
Just starting Girl A ..high hopes

I’ve read so much over the last few days. 🙈

I’ve reached that stage where I finish a book and think “I need to tell the thread” 😂

will be back later with my thoughts on some. 😬
The push was one of the best books I’ve read this year for sure.
I really struggled with Girl A and My Dark Vanessa but I can totally see why others have enjoyed them.

hilary mantel wolf hall trilogy I really tried to give it a chance in the past, Nope, I’m just not built for it 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I really struggled with Girl A and My Dark Vanessa but I can totally see why others have enjoyed them.

hilary mantel wolf hall trilogy I really tried to give it a chance in the past, Nope, I’m just not built for it 😐
Ah I’ve got my dark Vanessa on kindle because it was 99p!
wolf hall was a struggle, the TV show on Brit box was much better! Honestly why did it win the Booker prize!!! I did but the second one because it was part of a deal. Have I read it yet? No. But I’ve been told the second one is better

I started Our House by Louise Candlish about 3 weeks ago and still haven't finished it so think I'm going to give up and move on. It wasn't that I disliked it but wasn't invested enough to keep reading.

Think I'm going to try The Marriage by KL Slater next.

Reactions: 3
I’d say out of Girl A and My Dark Vanessa, My Dark Vanessa kept me the most engaged. I was absolutely horrified by both but had to keep stopping My Dark Vanessa because I was so angry at Mr Strane and his manipulative behaviour towards a child. It made me feel quite sick tbh.

I have just started I heart New York after everyone raving about it on here and so far I love it! Have the rest of the series too - bought the box set on eBay for £17 - so that will keep me going for a while!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve finished The Push this morning. I couldn’t stop reading. I loved the short chapters and just kept thinking ‘oh one more’ 😂

I need something light hearted after that so onto Shipped by Angie Hockman.

Reactions: 6
Short chapters are the best. You definitely do read more because of it.

I hated the long chapters in My Dark Vanessa. It really put me off.

Reactions: 7
So started The Marriage last night and pretty hooked already. I read about 15% and was dying to read more but kept falling asleep with my kindle in my hand!

about to start Lauren Weisberger where the grass is green 🙂 probably not wise to start anything at 00.11. 😩

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.