Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boy oh boy

The book is basically about a 'nanny' having sex with the 70 or 80 year old grandfather, the bloody father of the kids who comes out as bi or gay right after (plus the whole situation is a mix of assault and rape but it seems to be passed off as okay because the characters liked it) AND his 18 year old son. The relationships between the actual family are interesting and I'd love to see that explored but I don't think the sexual part is at all required, not to mention highly unprofessional. The 18 y/o suddenly has the courage to stand up to his father after losing his virginity, the same happens to the grandfather who stands up to his wife and I assume the bloody father comes out to the whole family or something. Great, have the nanny bring some light into their lives but WHY THE SEX??? Saying yes to everything (which seems to be the point of the book sort of?) doesn't require to become unprofessional.

I have also gone and spoiled myself the other part of the book and it appears that the nanny gets pregnant by one of these men and all of the other characters, including the mother of the 18 y/o, in the book (who at this point seem to be the only sane ones) are fine with it. The rape seems to be glossed over too. Just what.

AND THIS IS MARKETED AS SOME HUMEROUS BOOK ON THE BLURB TOO

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Im half way through Verity and I am hooked. First Colleen Hoover book Ive read. I have a lot to do today but only got about 1 hour 45 mins left to read. So tempted to binge it this morning.

Reactions: 6
The Push (kindle) is 99p at the mo
Now that’s annoying! I paid £4.99 only a week ago and I never let myself pay that much for Kindle books - I blame you lot fully though, everyone raving about The Push made me spend money. If I’d waited a week I could have save £4. I am enjoying it but would rather have paid 99p!

Reactions: 6
Now that’s annoying! I paid £4.99 only a week ago and I never let myself pay that much for Kindle books - I blame you lot fully though, everyone raving about The Push made me spend money. If I’d waited a week I could have save £4. I am enjoying it but would rather have paid 99p!
This is why you add it to your wish list 😂 and then when it comes up at 99p you can buy it

Reactions: 2
This is why you add it to your wish list 😂 and then when it comes up at 99p you can buy it
I normally do! I normally never pay more than 99p or perhaps £1.99 for a kindle book (even then it’s rare, I normally stick with the free books on Amazon Prime) but the peer pressure and FOMO on here for The Push just got too much and I gave in!

• Haha
RETURN IT!!!!
if you don’t have the option contact them if it was only a week ago, one of the options for return is “better price elsewhere” and they’re usually really quite good with customers on stuff like this. ❤

I really wish we could all share books 😫

RETURN IT!!!!
if you don’t have the option contact them if it was only a week ago, one of the options for return is “better price elsewhere” and they’re usually really quite good with customers on stuff like this. ❤

I really wish we could all share books 😫
I’ve done this a couple of times but I do always feel bad! However, a cheaper price is the actual truth this time so why not!

Im half way through Verity and I am hooked. First Colleen Hoover book Ive read. I have a lot to do today but only got about 1 hour 45 mins left to read. So tempted to binge it this morning.
I'm just reading my first Colleen Hoover book too! It Ends With Us. It's supposed to be very good, and I'm liking it so far. I'll have to check out Verity too.

Reactions: 1
I watched a few really scathing reviews of Colleen Hoover's books a few years ago which has put me off her entirely but maybe I should give one a try if I spot it for sale on Kindle? Sounds like Verity has been well received by lots of Tattlers!

I watched a few really scathing reviews of Colleen Hoover's books a few years ago which has put me off her entirely but maybe I should give one a try if I spot it for sale on Kindle? Sounds like Verity has been well received by lots of Tattlers!
I was JUST thinking I’ve never given her a chance thinking she was 1) not that great 2) a free book author. 😬

Well funny you should say that. Id actually never heard of her and only heard about Verity on here. I enjoyed it and did some digging yesterday and apparently Verity is not her usual style? She usually does romance books was what I took from what Id read. Those arent the type of thing I usually enjoy at all but Verity was published 2018 so maybe shes written more thrillers since.

It was quite a short book which tends to suit me.

Well funny you should say that. Id actually never heard of her and only heard about Verity on here. I enjoyed it and did some digging yesterday and apparently Verity is not her usual style? She usually does romance books was what I took from what Id read. Those arent the type of thing I usually enjoy at all but Verity was published 2018 so maybe shes written more thrillers since.

It was quite a short book which tends to suit me.
I had thought she was a “choc lit” writer

youtube - audiobook, Unfollow Me by Charloette Duckworth. Very entertaining and relevant for us on Tattle :) Love it

Has anyone read Who They Was by Gabriel Krauze?

Its been on my wish list for a while and was only 2.99 so I bought it.

I ordered The Push while it was on the 99p offer too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.