Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have read the first and second and really enjoyed them!

I have the third, finale, but haven't read it yet.

For me it is an odd series, it is one that I have to convince myself to read the next book but when I do I love it! So I don't know why I am so reluctant to read them.

The concept is different to anything else I have read. And the style of writing is very different to my normal reads (thrillers or YA)

ETA I would probably read the first one and if you don't get on with it don't worry about the rest of the series. The first book works OK as a standalone.
I hadn’t even realised it was a series! Maybe I should check out the next one.

I know what you mean about having to convince yourself to read the next in series despite enjoying them. I did the same with the Miss Peregrine series and the Asylum series (think I got to book 3 and have yet to start it).

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the feedback, I’ve read the first few chapters and I’m liking it so far. I’ve only downloaded the first one for now, but it’s nice to have a change from the usual type of books I would pick up.

Reactions: 1
My last few books have been really tit 😩 it makes me anxious to choose the next one when it becomes a struggle to finish something you’re not enjoying 😒

Reactions: 7
Still here. Still hate reading Animal which should come with a MASSIVE trigger warning for lots of things 👀

• Sad
My last few books have been really tit 😩 it makes me anxious to choose the next one when it becomes a struggle to finish something you’re not enjoying 😒
Me too! 4 in a row that was been 2*. So I went back to Harry Potter as I knew I was going to get an enjoyable read. What to pick next, as always a nice big question

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just finished The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks - it’s become one of my favourite books. Totally dark and weird but I loved it.

Anyone know of any similar books?

@DigiDuino If you enjoyed The Wasp Factory then give Complicity by the same author a go. I also enjoyed The Business but was a tad disappointed by the ending. Oh and The Crow Road is worth a look too.

I love Iain Banks. So sad that he died incredibly young 😞

@DigiDuino If you enjoyed The Wasp Factory then give Complicity by the same author a go. I also enjoyed The Business but was a tad disappointed by the ending. Oh and The Crow Road is worth a look too.

I love Iain Banks. So sad that he died incredibly young 😞
thanks I’ll check all of those out! Glad he has a decent amount of books to dive into

It’s a real shame, such a good writer. I’d heard of his work before but this is my first time reading him

I recently read Haven’t They Grown by Sophie Hannah and I thought it was quite good - I don’t usually read that kind of thriller/mystery novel but enjoyed it. I think I bought it when it was 99p on Kindle so it might be one you have?

Edited to add: the Amazon reviews are very mixed and I will admit you’ll probably need to suspend your disbelief but if you can do that, it’s a good read.
It was a brilliant book

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
PICK A BOOK FFS JUST PICK A FRIGGING BOOK...............
I was the same all this week and made myself pick up a book I was piece reading last night (would normally have it finished in a day or two). I put my phone on charge and just read through to the end. This is the 3rd book by Patricia Mcdonald that I've read in a row and I have another 5 on my kindle. Think I need to take a break from the author and try something else, maybe that would help you too.

I finished Queenie this afternoon. I absolutely loved it. It made me cry at times but I thought it was wonderful.

Reactions: 5
PICK A BOOK FFS JUST PICK A FRIGGING BOOK...............
I told my kids to pick for me and then was like “Nah not that one. Don’t fancy that one right now. Aah give it here, I’ll pick myself” 😂

As it happens, I’m now reading a book that wasn’t even on my TBR list 😏 The Idea of You - preeeetty steamy.

recently finished my dark Vanessa. Read it in under 4 days, utterly gripping yet dark too. It’s about a relationship between a teacher and pupil. Not something I’d usually pick up but it was gripping.

Reactions: 7
I somehow managed to borrow the switch by Beth O’Leary on audio during the week, despite already reading it, but I stuck it on in the background for a bit anyway while planning to return it later that day, ended up listening to it again 😂 the audio version is done so well, much better then reading it which I never thought I’d say about audio books.
this is a whole new world to me 😆

Reactions: 4
I somehow managed to borrow the switch by Beth O’Leary on audio during the week, despite already reading it, but I stuck it on in the background for a bit anyway while planning to return it later that day, ended up listening to it again 😂 the audio version is done so well, much better then reading it which I never thought I’d say about audio books.
this is a whole new world to me 😆
I loved the audio version. I thought it really bought the characters to life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.