Books #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jacqueline Wilson is doing a book event for Think Again near me in September, I just threw my money at it without a second thought 😅😅
 
  • Heart
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Away for work and without any books (last minute trip, bad packing). But the flat where I'm staying had a bunch of books stuffed in a closet, almost none are what I would ever read but it's nice to try something different! Yesterday, I read Project 333: should have been a 50 pages book, it may interest you if you want to try a minimalist approach for your wardrobe. Now I'm reading How to be a Parisian: not bad but not good, it's a bit cringe tbh.

For fiction, I'm listening to a theater adaptation of the Iliad and it's wonderful. There is a different narrator for each character/song and they are all wonderful. Almost cried a few time listening to it 🥺
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I just read Exile by Aimee Walsh. Beautifully written, disturbing, I really, really loved it. And as a teenager in Liverpool in 2008, I enjoyed the references and the nostalgic imagery evoked by Walsh as her Irish protagonist explores the city as a uni student.
Ooh I’ve just added this to my TBR as I was also a teenager in Liverpool in 2008 😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Ooh I’ve just added this to my TBR as I was also a teenager in Liverpool in 2008 😂
It's made me miss the old Waterstones on Bold Street, I loved it there and even when I had my son I loved taking him along in his pram, choosing a new picture book for him and grabbing a Costa 😭
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 2
4267CB4D-E52E-4B88-A767-BA04200D4EDA.jpeg
My June reads. All the biographies were audio books

I recommend Laura Dave her books are so well written. Although she often leaves the endings a bit open which I hate!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Huge problem; I've been trying to tackle my TBR, but my library just put some great books on libby... it's important to support my library, right?

(I've got loans on The American Queen by Vanessa Miller and You Are Here by David Nicholls. I've been curious about the latter but wasn't sure enough to get the hardback. Also put holds on The Guncle which looks fun, and The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years)

I'm going to need a pick-me-up after my current listen, Against the Loveless World. Has anyone read it? I've just reached part 2, so about 20% through.

---

There was a couple of books last month that were 99p then within minutes went up to £2.09. Still a bargain but annoying that they changed it

Being good and only 1 purchased today (so far😂) A Love Song for Ricki Wilde
I've been watching out for this one, really looking forward to it!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Jacqueline Wilson is doing a book event for Think Again near me in September, I just threw my money at it without a second thought 😅😅
She is such a good speaker, I really enjoyed it when she did one near me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I've just finished the Inspector Sejer series by Karin Fossum. I'm obsessed. They are so good, and all available free on Libby and Library.

I feel a bit sad that I've finished them all...what can possibly compare!? Perfect Scandi noir with so many twists and depths
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
@Katykatykaty I started my reread of The Passengers this morning and I’m already 30% through, I can’t put it down!

I’ve even just checked the library apps to see if I can get it on audio so I can listen on my dog walk, but it’s a two week wait 😅

I’ve just checked your post and you were at 46% when you posted the spoiler, so I intend to get to that point ASAP so I can read what you said 👀
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 3
@Katykatykaty I started my reread of The Passengers this morning and I’m already 30% through, I can’t put it down!

I’ve even just checked the library apps to see if I can get it on audio so I can listen on my dog walk, but it’s a two week wait 😅

I’ve just checked your post and you were at 46% when you posted the spoiler, so I intend to get to that point ASAP so I can read what you said 👀
I'm on 30% of passengers too at the moment!!
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey all, just wondering if you use kindle or read physical books. I’ve only started getting back into reading. I’m reading Everything I never told you now.
 
  • Heart
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Just finished Unraveling Oliver by Liz Nugent. That was a difficult listen the way Eugene was described was hard to listen to as the mummy of a special needs child
dark but very good 👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Hey all, just wondering if you use kindle or read physical books. I’ve only started getting back into reading. I’m reading Everything I never told you now.
There is a mix here. I personally read kindle, physical and audiobooks and have one of each on the go at all times.

I read faster on my kindle than I do physical books and I love my library so will always support them.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey all, just wondering if you use kindle or read physical books. I’ve only started getting back into reading. I’m reading Everything I never told you now.
I’m mainly physical but a kindle is so useful when you’re travelling! (And when you’re bored at work and can read it on your desktop so it looks like you’re busy 🤫)
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@allforthegoss*** I read a mix of kindle, physical and audiobooks. Give me all the books 😂

I picked up the new Jack Jordan book, Redemption, from the library today. Has anyone read it?
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm currently cringing with embarrassment at my behaviour today.
I went to a meeting and was immediately pounced on by a woman who I recommended some books to that you had told me about.
Seems that she has been looking out for me as she enjoyed them so much ......so far so good.....until I forgot myself and my mouth ran away with me.... until I finally came to myself and realised I must sound like an addicted fangirl. 😬😏😲🤭
I think I might need to emigrate.....
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 9
Has anyone read The Reappearance of Rachel Price? I am struggling with the daughter 👊🏻👊🏻
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
have any of my fellow brooklyn fans read long island yet? because i’m maybe a third in and i can’t believe he has done this to my boy tony 😭😭😭
 
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.