Books #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have preordered this. I like her youtube videos and the concept is very me.
Oh cool! I definitely think it will appeal to a lot of people with the witchy, cosy vibes. Let us know what you think!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm half way through Jar of Hearts and feel like I already know the ending. Hope I'm wrong but I think Geo killed Angela.

I think I’m out my slump 😁 started Wild Love earlier and really enjoying it so far. It’s the first Elsie Silver I’ve read and I can see the appeal 😁 I’m only 20% in but Ford definitely has a wee place in my heart

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I’m out my slump 😁 started Wild Love earlier and really enjoying it so far. It’s the first Elsie Silver I’ve read and I can see the appeal 😁 I’m only 20% in but Ford definitely has a wee place in my heart
I havent read Wild Love but you need to read the Chestnut Spring series 😍 I’m going to order Wild Love on the Waterstones double points event.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just starting Fourth Wing tonight. Wondering if the author is Welsh, with names like Rhiannon and Dylan! And I’m only 17 pages in!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just starting Fourth Wing tonight. Wondering if the author is Welsh, with names like Rhiannon and Dylan! And I’m only 17 pages in!
She isn't, but she has come under fire for using Gaelic words in the book and butchering the pronunciation.

Reactions: 5
I finished Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo. I’m not sure what it is about her books, as I’ve said before I struggled with Ninth House but Hell Bent was on a kindle offer and very cheap plus I wanted to know how Alex was going to get Darlington out of hell. It seems that I read and read and read her books and barely make a dent in the percentage read. This took me 13 days to read, almost double the time it should normally take but I didn’t feel I was reading any less! Very odd. A Goodreads review summed up my thoughts really well, ‘This series has become akin to me to a relationship that I know isn’t working anymore but which I cannot quit because every now and then something good will happen.’ The reviewer also mentions that she doesn’t just let her characters breathe, ’they’re always running off after some new mystery or som unexpected plot turn and we are just chasing after them.’ I love Goodreads mainly for the fact that when I go to the reviews someone has written how I feel about a book much more elegantly than I ever could. I’m not sure I still really understand the whole hell, demons, coming in/getting out, all the different Lethe people whose names I can’t remember, the vampire still roaming around, whether Darlington is actually ok as a half man half demon and how that even happenedAlthough there’s going to be another book coming I really think that might be it for me As I don’t think it’ll answer any of my questions and the characters I care about are ok. Despite Darlington seeming to struggle with the demon inside and Tripp going down the Buffy route of being a vampire with a soul. I will end on a positive, I liked finding out why each of the 4 was a murderer in their little back stories.

I feel I need a palette cleanser in the form of a filthy mafia romance which I will read in a day and then completely forget about. Anyone else a fan?

The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell is on Kindle Daily Deal today. It’s been sitting on my Wish List for absolutely ages in the hope it might finally be 99p so very happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I have just started, or should I say truthfully, gobbled down, the first 124 pages of the first in the Lucinda Riley Seven Sisters series, that was recommended on here.
I'm really enjoying it and feel that I'm getting my teeth into something satisfying, which I've not felt for a few weeks. 😋
Life has been very strange and intense lately so it has been lovely to escape into a good book.
I know this may sound a bit loopy, but I sometimes get the gut feeling that I was meant to read certain things.
This feeling can be quite cathartic when I read something that speaks volumes to me. It's like there are messages from the universe in some books designed to help you in some way.....
Even things I've read on Tattle itself. Some stray or random comment, dropped by a Tattler has changed my life immeasurably.
So much so that when I get round to it, I must copy down some words I read in a book, that I'm sure will have great meaning to at least one person on Tattle.
So you can probably understand why I had to try really hard not to freak out yesterday when I overheard a conversation about my major book source (library) closing.
Luckily as I further eavesdropped it sounded like it was just for building work and not permanent (phew!!!). Hopefully they'll extend the reading time so I can get through the large number of books - quite a lot recommended - that are about to descend on me.
Naturally it is not my fault, but that of those pesky Tattlers tormenting me, by recommending books and new genres, that take me on yet another voyage of discovery. 📖😁

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell is on Kindle Daily Deal today. It’s been sitting on my Wish List for absolutely ages in the hope it might finally be 99p so very happy!
this was one of my favourite books of last year! hope you enjoy it (and anyone else who picks it up today) 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh no 🙈 I usually do pre orders with these double stamps offers but Im not convinced they add them on properly. I spoke to them and they said they have but Im honestly not sure.

So may need to just order some books now.
I had the same (think I grumbled about it before) so have taken a screenshot of my current balance and stamps 🫣 I placed an order yesterday and woke up to the notification they’ve taken payment for the available books so keeping an eye out for the dispatch email > stamp update.

I have just started, or should I say truthfully, gobbled down, the first 124 pages of the first in the Lucinda Riley Seven Sisters series, that was recommended on here.
I'm really enjoying it and feel that I'm getting my teeth into something satisfying, which I've not felt for a few weeks. 😋
Life has been very strange and intense lately so it has been lovely to escape into a good book.
I know this may sound a bit loopy, but I sometimes get the gut feeling that I was meant to read certain things.
This feeling can be quite cathartic when I read something that speaks volumes to me. It's like there are messages from the universe in some books designed to help you in some way.....
Even things I've read on Tattle itself. Some stray or random comment, dropped by a Tattler has changed my life immeasurably.
So much so that when I get round to it, I must copy down some words I read in a book, that I'm sure will have great meaning to at least one person on Tattle.
So you can probably understand why I had to try really hard not to freak out yesterday when I overheard a conversation about my major book source (library) closing.
Luckily as I further eavesdropped it sounded like it was just for building work and not permanent (phew!!!). Hopefully they'll extend the reading time so I can get through the large number of books - quite a lot recommended - that are about to descend on me.
Naturally it is not my fault, but that of those pesky Tattlers tormenting me, by recommending books and new genres, that take me on yet another voyage of discovery. 📖😁
I love it when you read a book at exactly the right time!

Hope your library doesn't take too long with the renovations ♥

Reactions: 1
Just finished The country village summer fete by Cathy Lake 9/10 Easy enjoyable Summer read.

I cleaned and tidied the house listening to Weyward, now I’m sitting down with a Prosecco to read Fourth Wing (with an Indian arriving later) 😝🥂

Really enjoying both books!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I finished Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo. I’m not sure what it is about her books, as I’ve said before I struggled with Ninth House but Hell Bent was on a kindle offer and very cheap plus I wanted to know how Alex was going to get Darlington out of hell. It seems that I read and read and read her books and barely make a dent in the percentage read. This took me 13 days to read, almost double the time it should normally take but I didn’t feel I was reading any less! Very odd. A Goodreads review summed up my thoughts really well, ‘This series has become akin to me to a relationship that I know isn’t working anymore but which I cannot quit because every now and then something good will happen.’ The reviewer also mentions that she doesn’t just let her characters breathe, ’they’re always running off after some new mystery or som unexpected plot turn and we are just chasing after them.’ I love Goodreads mainly for the fact that when I go to the reviews someone has written how I feel about a book much more elegantly than I ever could. I’m not sure I still really understand the whole hell, demons, coming in/getting out, all the different Lethe people whose names I can’t remember, the vampire still roaming around, whether Darlington is actually ok as a half man half demon and how that even happenedAlthough there’s going to be another book coming I really think that might be it for me As I don’t think it’ll answer any of my questions and the characters I care about are ok. Despite Darlington seeming to struggle with the demon inside and Tripp going down the Buffy route of being a vampire with a soul. I will end on a positive, I liked finding out why each of the 4 was a murderer in their little back stories.

I feel I need a palette cleanser in the form of a filthy mafia romance which I will read in a day and then completely forget about. Anyone else a fan?
I couldn’t even finish Ninth House as I couldn’t understand the plot at all. It seemed to jump around and nothing was explained clearly

Just finished The country village summer fete by Cathy Lake 9/10 Easy enjoyable Summer read.
I have all four books that she has written and have I read a single one of them yet. The answer is no as 1. I have too many books and 2. They aren't on my list to read at the moment as I am priortising other books first.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.