Books #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Six books for me this June. Mainly audio as I’ve felt too tired to read and found audio more passive. There’s a few others I’ve listened to at nighttime too but I’ve not counted them as my memory of them is broken because I did sleep through lots of them.

IMG_4755.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How was Signal Moon? I love Kate Quinn but haven't heard of that one before!
I read it in 2022 and really enjoyed it, was a really interesting concept. It’s only around 50 pages so it’s a super quick read. It’s currently on KU if you have that?
---
Only 2 completed books for me this month, Not in a slump but I’ve just been more interested in Animal Crossing, watching grainy livestreams of Taylor Swift and making sure to compete the Mastermind game for it. It also hasn’t helped that the two books I did finish felt like uphill battles to get through.

My Husband - Maud Ventura - a generous ⭐⭐
The Housemaid is Watching - Freida McFadden - ⭐⭐⭐

I’m 62% of my way through my reread of John Marrs’ The Passengers and loving it just as much second time round.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
How was Signal Moon? I love Kate Quinn but haven't heard of that one before! I have her newest one The Briar Club on reserve at the library, looking forward to reading that when it is released. :giggle:
I was using it as an introduction to Kate Quinn, actually! I got it free with Prime a while back, but I've been thinking of trying one of her other books. Which one would you recommend?

As @Katykatykaty said, Signal Moon is just a short story, but I really liked the brief look at intelligence work in ww2!

Reactions: 2
I just finished it and it was just predictable, cheesy nonsense. I thought it was rubbish but maybe it would be an easy read to get out of a slump.
I read this recently too and could not agree more! It was totally inoffensive but very predictable and cheesy but as you say is a quick easy read

I was using it as an introduction to Kate Quinn, actually! I got it free with Prime a while back, but I've been thinking of trying one of her other books. Which one would you recommend?

As @Katykatykaty said, Signal Moon is just a short story, but I really liked the brief look at intelligence work in ww2!
The Alice Network has been my favourite so far :giggle: I also really enjoyed The Rose Code. The Huntress was good too. Least fave has been The Diamond Eye.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Another vote for the Alice Network which I loved, but cheating a bit really as I haven't yet read any of her others!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Three for me this month...
Confessions of a 40 something F*** up 10/10
A Cotswold Life-9/10
A Country escape 9/10

• Heart
Wow wow wow. I started Strange Sally Diamond yesterday on audio and when I say I DEVOURED it ❤ couldn’t switch it off. Absolutely loved it! Definitely going to listen to some other Liz Nugent

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.