Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just finished two books…. Crushing by Genevieve Novak (her more popular book is No Hard Feelings) and Meet Me At The Lake by Carley Fortune (which I bought as it was a kindle deal).

Meet Me At The Lake was a bit disappointing and definitely not as good as Every Summer After. I did really like Crushing though! I enjoy books set in Aus and this one was in Melbourne so it was interesting. I have not read No Hard Feelings but I might look into it :)

Reactions: 2
I have just finished two books…. Crushing by Genevieve Novak (her more popular book is No Hard Feelings) and Meet Me At The Lake by Carley Fortune (which I bought as it was a kindle deal).

Meet Me At The Lake was a bit disappointing and definitely not as good as Every Summer After. I did really like Crushing though! I enjoy books set in Aus and this one was in Melbourne so it was interesting. I have not read No Hard Feelings but I might look into it :)
Totally agree about Every Summer After being much better! She has a new book out this year which I'm looking forward to.

Totally agree about Every Summer After being much better! She has a new book out this year which I'm looking forward to.
Oh I didn’t know that! This Summer Will Be Different, I have added to my TBR (just in time for the Australian winter 😂)

• Heart
I’ve read Don’t Let Her Stay by Nicola Sanders in two sittings this weekend. A nice simple thriller, but it really gripped me.
How are you getting on with All the Light We Cannot See? I haven’t had much reading time today and now I’m sitting down I would rather pick up my other book. 🙈

How are you getting on with All the Light We Cannot See? I haven’t had much reading time today and now I’m sitting down I would rather pick up my other book. 🙈
I’m trying to make myself read a few pages every now and again, so I’m at about 80% now. I’d like to finish it by the weekend really as I started it two weeks ago, which is such a long time for me. I can’t see myself giving it more than 2 stars though tbh which I feel guilty about but it’s just not for me 😩

What about you?

Reactions: 3
I’m trying to make myself read a few pages every now and again, so I’m at about 80% now. I’d like to finish it by the weekend really as I started it two weeks ago, which is such a long time for me. I can’t see myself giving it more than 2 stars though tbh which I feel guilty about but it’s just not for me 😩

What about you?
I’ve not made a lot of headway with it, think I’m around 77% or so. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s for me either but I can see why people would enjoy it. At least I’m branching out and reading something different which I’m pleased about.

my next book club book is another book by Anthony Doerr! 🫣 it looks like a chunky monkey. I’ll try to go into it with an open mind, maybe I’ll enjoy it more than ATLWCS

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read The Maidens by Alex Michealides? It’s 99p on Kindle atm and I see it’s likened to The Secret History (which I love) so I bought it - my first book purchase of the year (I think … 😅)

Has anyone read The Maidens by Alex Michealides? It’s 99p on Kindle atm and I see it’s likened to The Secret History (which I love) so I bought it - my first book purchase of the year (I think … 😅)
I have and enjoyed it but it has a lot of mixed reviews. If you don't take it too seriously, it's a good read but as I said many people hate it.
It's nothing like The Secret History just that its set in a university.

I've just finished Yellowface and I'm very conflicted if I liked it or not

Reactions: 7
I've just finished Yellowface and I'm very conflicted if I liked it or not
these were my feelings 🤣

if she’d stuck the landing then it would have been close to 5 stars for me but it ran out of steam so much at the end.

No. I feel like its taking me ages to read it? Ive read it every day too and I am enjoying it but feel like Im not getting through it at all 🥲
I found the same, I know it’s not a thriller but I still thought I’d devour it to get to the ‘what actually happened’ but no…

Reactions: 1

Pies have you read Love & Virtue by Diana Reid? It came out in 2021 I think? It’s set at one of the residential colleges at Sydney uni and explores stuff around class, academic ambition, and rape culture. I have it waiting on my TBR so will actually get around to reading it and report back!

Also putting Crushing on my TBR!

Reactions: 3
No. I feel like its taking me ages to read it? Ive read it every day too and I am enjoying it but feel like Im not getting through it at all 🥲
I really liked Penance. It's more a literary style book I would say as opposed to a fast faced thriller. I liked the writing style a lot.

Reactions: 1
I really liked Penance. It's more a literary style book I would say as opposed to a fast faced thriller. I liked the writing style a lot.
I am really liking it. I'm not a thriller reader tbf and didnt pick it up thinking it would be. I just thought Id get through it quicker 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.