Books #25 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Passengers has been in my top 3 favourite books since I read it in 2019. It’s one I would always recommend to people.
I think I might need to do a reread! It was one of the first books I remember being recommended on this thread. And I’ve just looked and John Marrs has TWO books out this year - The Stranger in Her House and The Family Experiment! Roll on February and June!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
First read of 2024 completed! Icebreaker by Hannah Grace, really enjoyed it and looking forward to the rest of the Maple Hills series.
I'm now listening to ACOTAR on Libby to see if I enjoy it before commiting to purchasing the physical books, really enjoying it so far (only on chapter 5) but my first delve into fantasy!

Eta- forgot its actually now 2024! 😂
Wildfire imo was not as good but I still enjoyed it. I love Nate from Icebreaker so much.

Reactions: 3
I've started reading The Bookbinder of Jericho which I'm finding intriguing.
Think it was recommended on here.
Nice to have a intriguing book for once...

Reactions: 1
I want to love John Marrs books. I love the ideas he has, and very black mirror esque and sound right up my street, but then I always end up disappointed when I read them. I think they don't feel believeable enough for me, just something about them.
I have enjoyed them anytime I’ve read his books but I feel like he always goes a twist or two too far and it takes me out of the story a bit! I really want to read the one, the passengers and I’m seeing good things on tiktok about his new book!

Reactions: 5
I totally agree with you @vanilla cupcakes, he definitely takes his twists too far. I was certain that The Good Samaritan would be 5 * but think he took it too far towards the end so gave it 4.

I read The Minders a few years ago and loathed it, felt it was a trek and was reluctant to try another of his. I'm glad that I gave him a second chance though and may even go again with a newer book.

Reactions: 2
I totally agree with you @vanilla cupcakes, he definitely takes his twists too far. I was certain that The Good Samaritan would be 5 * but think he took it too far towards the end so gave it 4.

I read The Minders a few years ago and loathed it, felt it was a trek and was reluctant to try another of his. I'm glad that I gave him a second chance though and may even go again with a newer book.
I felt the exact same about the good samaritan, really annoyed me at the time because I loved the majority of it

I’ve just finished The Woman in Me by Britney Spears and I’m just left with such a sad feeling. It’s awful what she went through.

Now starting Heartstopper vol 5 I need something light!

Me too!
I’m trying to resist pre-ordering the independent bookshop edition of Kristin Hannah’s new book by telling myself I should read her back catalogue before I buy her in hardback.
Some of hers are hit and miss (imo)! Great Alone and The Nightingale are faves, I like Firefly Lane as well but found The Four Winds just tooooo depressing. Her earlier ones aren’t as gripping I found, and some of them have been republished to seem newer

Reactions: 4
Some of hers are hit and miss (imo)! Great Alone and The Nightingale are faves, I like Firefly Lane as well but found The Four Winds just tooooo depressing. Her earlier ones aren’t as gripping I found, and some of them have been republished to seem newer
Good to know! I was tempted to go for Winter Garden next. I noticed they seem to be being republished with a more modern style cover with block lettering, I’m sure my copy of the nightingale is a script font. I want to read Firefly Lane but need to wait until I’ve forgotten the Netflix series a bit!

I picked up two books from the charity shop in my village today, The Hiking Trip by Jenny Blackhurst and Twisted Love. £1.50 each.

I shouldn’t be buying more books but I reasoned it’s all for a good cause!

I picked up two books from the charity shop in my village today, The Hiking Trip by Jenny Blackhurst and Twisted Love. £1.50 each.

Charity shop purchases don't count because it's all for a good cause. So you have to buy them. It's just the rules, I didn't make them up. 😉😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Look on it as you saved them from landfill!

Reactions: 7
Just finished The Bookbinder of Jericho and I can see why it was so recommended on here.
Really enjoyable read, and one I wouldn't have picked up without so many recommendations on here, as it's not my usual type of book to read.
You're obviously broadening my mind. 😁📖

I’ve just finished The Woman in Me by Britney Spears and I’m just left with such a sad feeling. It’s awful what she went through.

Now starting Heartstopper vol 5 I need something light!
It’s so sad indeed. Her family is awful

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Does anyone know if on Libby you can split it into chapters instead of just being the full book ongoing? Like in spotify audio they read it in chapters? If this makes any sense

Does anyone know if on Libby you can split it into chapters instead of just being the full book ongoing? Like in spotify audio they read it in chapters? If this makes any sense
Do you mean a sleep timer for audiobooks? If so, Libby has one of those. IIRC it’s the moon symbol at the top right, you can select a duration or end of chapter.

• Heart
Do you mean a sleep timer for audiobooks? If so, Libby has one of those. IIRC it’s the moon symbol at the top right, you can select a duration or end of chapter.
Oh perfect thank you!! I'm worried I'll lose my place somehow during the book and easier remembering which chapter I'm currently on!

Oh perfect thank you!! I'm worried I'll lose my place somehow during the book and easier remembering which chapter I'm currently on!
I think you can also set bookmarks, but I’ve never used that feature. Touch wood my Libby always keeps my place.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.