Books #23 Reading Chats. Unproblematically Pleased With Our TBR Piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Albrouze Retrievers are such great dogs 😍 Just think of all the audiobooks you can get through when you’re walking him.
---
Thanks to whoever on here recommended Hidden Valley Road as an audiobook. Just started it and it’s very interesting.
Ive had this one on my audible wishlist for a while. It never goes in any of the sales but I know.if I use a credit for it. Itl be in the next sale 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I also didnt like really good, actually. Felt like such a drag to finish it, I listened to it on audiobook and even that made it hard for me.

wish i had dnf’d it but had dnf’d a few before that and was determined to finish something lol.

Reactions: 8
I have to say November has been an shocking reading month for me as out of the 6 books I have read I have only enjoyed one of them.

Reactions: 4
2023 as a whole has been pretty crap for quality wise for me. I feel like Ive barely read any books Ive wanted to tear through which has also resulted in me reading less overall.

Reactions: 4
@Albrouze Retrievers are such great dogs 😍 Just think of all the audiobooks you can get through when you’re walking him.
---
Thanks to whoever on here recommended Hidden Valley Road as an audiobook. Just started it and it’s very interesting.
hidden valley road is such a great book: though absolutely heartbreaking. i imagine it’s amazing in audio.

---

Good idea! I hardly ever listen to audiobooks. Hopefully I'll get through lots once this dog is better on the leash. We've been walking him together, but I'm hoping to be able to bring him out on my own soon once I get better at correcting his over excitement on the leash. It's been a week and he's already made progress.

Hidden Valley Road sounds exactly like something I would want to listen to. Going to borrow the audio version from the library now.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone read any of these? Not many for me but I do have quite a few on my TBR or wishlist.

2023 as a whole has been pretty crap for quality wise for me. I feel like Ive barely read any books Ive wanted to tear through which has also resulted in me reading less overall.
It's the same with me as it feels like I have read more bad books than good books this year and last year I read a 100 plus books but this year I have currently only read 51 books. This month in particular has been shocking as out of the 6 books I have read I had to DNF 4 of them as they were that boring.

It's the same with me as it feels like I have read more bad books than good books this year and last year I read a 100 plus books but this year I have currently only read 51 books. This month in particular has been shocking as out of the 6 books I have read I had to DNF 4 of them as they were that boring.
Yes I agree. Had some right stinkers this year. I dont often DNF though so I end up struggling through and barely reading. Maybe I need to stop that. It breaks my heart deleting from my reading list on good reads and storygraph though.

Reactions: 3
Yes I agree. Had some right stinkers this year. I dont often DNF though so I end up struggling through and barely reading. Maybe I need to stop that. It breaks my heart deleting from my reading list on good reads and storygraph though.
I don't like to DNF a book but if have read 50 pages and can't get into it then I have to DNF it as I don't want to struggle through the rest of the book.

Has anyone read any of these? Not many for me but I do have quite a few on my TBR or wishlist.

To be fair idt a lot of them are released in the UK..
Personally - Hello Beautiful, Pineapple Street, Tom Lake, Witness Y/N and Yellowface
Couldnt get into Doppleganger because of faults in the arc i had from Netgalley. Pageboy was a bleeding disappointment.
Wifedom was picked for my employers book club but i only had 2 days to read it and it was massive..

Of the ones i have read on the lists.. i would only really rate Witness
---
I've only read a few - Hello Beautiful, Yellowface, Pineapple Street and Tom Lake
you on Netgalley too? 🤣

• Haha
I don't like to DNF a book but if have read 50 pages and can't get into it then I have to DNF it as I don't want to struggle through the rest of the book.
Maybe I do need to implementing some sort of rule like this going forward but some of my favourite books ever I havent clicked with initially. So I always wonder what gems I could miss out on.

Tom Lake's the one I liked best, but I've also read Emily Wilde's Encyclopedia, Yellowface, and We Could Be So Good, and absolutely none of the nonfiction.

Tom Lake's the one I liked best, but I've also read Emily Wilde's Encyclopedia, Yellowface, and We Could Be So Good, and absolutely none of the nonfiction.
how was emily wilde? i picked it up in waterstones over the weekend but was unsure - it looks beautiful though.

how was emily wilde? i picked it up in waterstones over the weekend but was unsure - it looks beautiful though.
I enjoyed it but I know that there have been mixed reviews on the thread! It's got an academic bent, the protagonist is autistic-coded, and it falls into the "cosy fantasy" genre, so milder in terms of drama. I really liked the romantic interest who fulfils the sunshine part of the grumpy/sunshine trope.

• Heart
Does anyone else track books they read with their kids? I typically read 1 to 3 chapters per night to them and wondering if Im cheating if I track it 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.