Books #21 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished Lovelight farms (yes I read a Christmas book in August/September) wish I read it closer to Christmas rather than now. It's a nice holiday read but doesn't have a whole lot of substance to be honest.

Reactions: 4
Finished Lovelight farms (yes I read a Christmas book in August/September) wish I read it closer to Christmas rather than now. It's a nice holiday read but doesn't have a whole lot of substance to be honest.
I have this in my TBR so I will keep it for closer to Christmas.

I enjoyed 'Tis the Season for Revenge' by Morgan Elizabeth last year if you like rom com type spicier books.

Guess who bought themselves some book marks to get to a threshold spend when I did my Waterstones order. The days of me just remembering my page number may be numbered.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I just finished Behind Closed Doors by B.A Paris. It has mixed reviews on goodreads but I personally didn’t find it that bad?! It should come with a TONNE of trigger warnings though as I didn’t realise it was as intense as it was.

Reactions: 6
I just finished Behind Closed Doors by B.A Paris. It has mixed reviews on goodreads but I personally didn’t find it that bad?! It should come with a TONNE of trigger warnings though as I didn’t realise it was as intense as it was.
I remember feeling really unsettled after reading that book. In fact just seeing your post now made me shudder a bit remembering certain aspects of the book.

I just finished The Trap by Catherine Ryan Howard. It was good but the ending has really bothered me.

Reactions: 4
I wasn't a big fan, but mostly because I don't really like that sort of thing. It's too intense and unpleasant for me! If I was going to critique it at all, the ending was quite strange and abrupt.

Reactions: 5
Interesting to hear thoughts on this. My friend has been recommending it to me for months and says I’ll love it.

Interesting to hear thoughts on this. My friend has been recommending it to me for months and says I’ll love it.
I loved it from the perspective that it was fast paced, you really knew the twist from the beginning but still wanted to keep reading to see how it ended. The only thing I didn’t like was that there is a very short part of the book about a dog (if this could potentially be upsetting) and very very heavy psychological abuse. The ending was very abrupt but I also didn’t mind how it ended (although I wanted to know more if that makes sense).

Reactions: 2
Has anyone read The Whalebone Theatre? I’m seeing it pop up everywhere, is it worth a read?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone read The Whalebone Theatre? I’m seeing it pop up everywhere, is it worth a read?
I've just started, it's quite a long book so only 17% of the way through but seems like it may be good. It's a fairly slow starter though but I'm enjoying it.

Fourth Wing is available on my Libby as an audiobook. I don’t really read fantasy, unless HP counts 😂 Is it worth a listen or not?
I am only 4 hours in but I'd say yes so far, also as someone that doesn't tend to read fantasy. It's got Hunger Games sort of vibes for me, but pretty fast paced and engaging so far 😊 I was a bit sad there wasn't more traffic on my journey home from a work meeting as I would quite have liked to have sat in the car listening to it for the rest of the afternoon tbh.

I remember feeling really unsettled after reading that book. In fact just seeing your post now made me shudder a bit remembering certain aspects of the book.

I just finished The Trap by Catherine Ryan Howard. It was good but the ending has really bothered me.
I have always been a bit underwhelmed by Catherine Ryan Howard. The books are well plotted and have nice twists. But she's just not premier league.

Premier league crime fiction for me are Robert Galbraith, Jane Casey and Tana French

I have always been a bit underwhelmed by Catherine Ryan Howard. The books are well plotted and have nice twists. But she's just not premier league.

Premier league crime fiction for me are Robert Galbraith, Jane Casey and Tana French
I loved the book set in lockdown, thought it worked really well. I had high expectations of this one but it left a lot of unanswered questions.

I finished The Things we Leave Unfinished at 2am this morning. I cried, 'twas heart-wrenching. Thank you to the tattler who first mentioned it!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.