Books #21 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We got through a full thread in a month! Happy August reading book lovers! ❤

Previous thread is here

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Kudos to all you steam rolling through those books. I don't know how you read so many, I only read about 1 or 2 a month 😊

Reactions: 8
Kudos to all you steam rolling through those books. I don't know how you read so many, I only read about 1 or 2 a month 😊
It's not about quantity ❤ everyone has different free time to read and I would actually argue sometimes if you read less quantity then youre probably choosier about what you do read and have more 4 and 5 stars as a result.

I walk 2 idiotic dogs twice a day so do audio books during those when theyre off having their sniffy time.

I dont watch much tv and lock my phone away at times so that if Im procrastinating I read my kindle or book instead. My phone and social media is a huge time drain. I dont actually actively avoid my phone to read more, but to help my mental health as Im prone to really bad bouts of poor mental health and can identify that doom scrolling makes it so much worse. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve recently discovered cozy mysteries and read 3 wee books last weekend. They are so light and lovely when the world can feel a bit heavy. They are not by any means literary works of art but when you just need to escape, they are very cute

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve recently discovered cozy mysteries and read 3 wee books last weekend. They are so light and lovely when the world can feel a bit heavy. They are not by any means literary works of art but when you just need to escape, they are very cute
Who are the authors?

Who are the authors?
The ones I read were by Jodi Allen Brice. I got the first one free on kindle then ended up buying the other 2. The Harland Creek Mystery Quilters. Honestly I got the first one as a joke with my sister because it had a mystery solving goat 😂 but I genuinely fell a wee bit in love with them.
I also purchased 10 for 99p on kindle about a chocolate shop mystery so they will be nice in the colder weather 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The ones I read were by Jodi Allen Brice. I got the first one free on kindle then ended up buying the other 2. The Harland Creek Mystery Quilters. Honestly I got the first one as a joke with my sister because it had a mystery solving goat 😂 but I genuinely fell a wee bit in love with them.
I also purchased 10 for 99p on kindle about a chocolate shop mystery so they will be nice in the colder weather 🥰
That’s so cool, it’s literally free. I’ve never seen a free kindle book before (outside of unlimited and even that’s conditions attached). The cover artwork is adorable.

IMG_9195.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sometimes I can read 10 sometimes I only read 2 it depends whats happening that month, what mood I'm in, what I'm reading ect. Audiobooks also help especially when walking the dog

I would read more if I didn’t waste oh so much time online. I’ve no partner or kids and reading is my only way of passing the time. I feel guilty watching anything when I’ve reading I could be doing so I ditched all streaming apps. My concentration is still shocking and I’m famous for forgetting a book the instant I read it. They make minimal impact and really it’s a terrible shame. I don’t even enjoy it anymore, I just feel under pressure to work through my HUNDREDS of unreads as I steadily accumulate more faster than I can keep up. I will never win!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This sounds right up my street. I love a cosy detective series. The Dales Detective Agency by Julia Chapman are quite good for this, not necessarily amazing writing and you generally see the twist coming but I really enjoyed them.

Reactions: 2
It's not about quantity ❤ everyone has different free time to read and I would actually argue sometimes if you read less quantity then youre probably choosier about what you do read and have more 4 and 5 stars as a result.

I walk 2 idiotic dogs twice a day so do audio books during those when theyre off having their sniffy time.

I dont watch much tv and lock my phone away at times so that if Im procrastinating I read my kindle or book instead. My phone and social media is a huge time drain. I dont actually actively avoid my phone to read more, but to help my mental health as Im prone to really bad bouts of poor mental health and can identify that doom scrolling makes it so much worse. 😭
I listen to audiobooks too, I find that having something to focus on when I'm walking to/from work really helps, otherwise I get stressed. I find the Libby app such a godsend!

Does anyone use libro.fm? Trying to use amazon less where possible.

Reactions: 3
That’s so cool, it’s literally free. I’ve never seen a free kindle book before (outside of unlimited and even that’s conditions attached). The cover artwork is adorable.

View attachment 2365555
Do you have bookbud? They send you an email every day (gets a bit tiring every day but you can ignore obviously) with the best ebooks deals online. I’ve got loads of books for free or 99p. It’s completely free to sign up 🥰

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Do you have bookbud? They send you an email every day (gets a bit tiring every day but you can ignore obviously) with the best ebooks deals online. I’ve got loads of books for free or 99p. It’s completely free to sign up 🥰
Oh god don’t enable me further (she says as she goes off to investigate)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just finished Hidden Pictures by Jason Rekulak and I feel like I need to stop being so influenced by booktok 😅 everything is so overhyped over there that even a good book can feel disappointing! Hidden Pictures wasn’t bad but it had some weird ideas and just so unbelievable. It does have cool illustrations though. Plus I didn’t know it was supernatural going in

Reactions: 4
I have discovered audiobooks recently , I work in a back office so I can listen as I type. I'm getting through some of the classics I've always wanted to read but wouldn't necessarily prioritise buying in paper format. Like Dickens, etc. I want to know the stories but don't want to have the books in my house cluttering up. Audible does seem to have a lot of classics included in the membership.

And physical copy wise, I'm finishing off the Strike detective series and will probably move onto PD James and Anthony Horowitz next. I have refound reading after several years of barely reading a book. I'm trying to do less scrolling of social media and more reading. And the audiobooks help me get through the work day.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My concentration is still shocking and I’m famous for forgetting a book the instant I read it.
I’m the exact same! It’s got to the stage where I’m afraid to recommend a book. It’s so rare that I remember a book, that when I do, I assume I must have really enjoyed it. I’ve found out the hard way that, for some reason, certain books stay with me, regardless of how tit they were, and I’ve been recommending them to others 🙈

• Haha
I’m the exact same! It’s got to the stage where I’m afraid to recommend a book. It’s so rare that I remember a book, that when I do, I assume I must have really enjoyed it. I’ve found out the hard way that, for some reason, certain books stay with me, regardless of how tit they were, and I’ve been recommending them to others 🙈
Omg, examples please!

Reactions: 2
Can someone please explain Libby for me. I use it for my local library but it’s quite limited. If I’d like to borrow from other libraries do I have to register and need proof of address?

I’m going to look these up, a mystery solving goat sounds so funny.

Check us out powering through the threads! Lovely to see this thread so active and with some new members too.

I’ve been reading True Crime Story by Joseph Knox. It’s not gripping me like I had expected but going to persevere.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.