Books #21 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, there's 10 hours of my life I won't get back. Beautiful World Where Are You - 2*

Onto the book club book A Woman Is No Man

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm reading fourth wing on my kindle which is normally read before bed. I might have ti stop though as it isn't helping me wind down and get sleepy!! I want to stay up and read more 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Also have an unhealthy obsession with Marcellus.

Takes a v skilled writer to make the reader have such strong feelings to an 8 legged creature imo. 🤭

The narrator who voiced him in the audio was perfection. 🐙
Michael Urie from Ugly Betty! He was so good, I couldn't stop listening

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I read Don’t Make a Sound a couple of years back but didn’t rate it. As in I literally didn’t give it a score on Goodreads, not that I didn’t like it 😂

Can someone who has read it tell me if I’m thinking of the right book please?

There’s a couple who have already taken one child and they want another. One of them trawls for ages looking for the perfect child but eventually one part of the couple for some reason, decides to go against the other one and they fight. One of them might even end up dead tbh 🤔

I can’t remember if I’m thinking of the right book or not. Perhaps there’s a fire too?

If I’m not thinking of the correct book I’ll probably get it on Audible, especially when it’s free.

Reactions: 1
I'm reading fourth wing on my kindle which is normally read before bed. I might have ti stop though as it isn't helping me wind down and get sleepy!! I want to stay up and read more 🤦🏼‍♀️
I literally stayed up last night (unintentionally, because I didn't want to put it down) and finished this. I'm always cynical about hype and wasn't expecting much at all to be honest but actually I bloody loved it, it was really pacey, proper good uncomplicated, unpretentious fantasy fun and I sailed through it.

Reactions: 6
Has anyone read The Square of Sevens, Laura Shepherd-Robinson? I'm at chapter 8, just over 10% through, and I'd like to have some assurance if it's worth sticking with 😅 it's just a very slow start

Has anyone read The Square of Sevens, Laura Shepherd-Robinson? I'm at chapter 8, just over 10% through, and I'd like to have some assurance if it's worth sticking with 😅 it's just a very slow start
I’d like to know this too! I got 15% of the way in and took a break to read something else and didn’t pick it back up again! I was immediately gripped with her other two but just wasn’t with this one for some reason.

I read Don’t Make a Sound a couple of years back but didn’t rate it. As in I literally didn’t give it a score on Goodreads, not that I didn’t like it 😂

Can someone who has read it tell me if I’m thinking of the right book please?

There’s a couple who have already taken one child and they want another. One of them trawls for ages looking for the perfect child but eventually one part of the couple for some reason, decides to go against the other one and they fight. One of them might even end up dead tbh 🤔

I can’t remember if I’m thinking of the right book or not. Perhaps there’s a fire too?
If I’m not thinking of the correct book I’ll probably get it on Audible, especially when it’s free.
you’ve more or less got the gist of it in the spoiler

Reactions: 2
I literally stayed up last night (unintentionally, because I didn't want to put it down) and finished this. I'm always cynical about hype and wasn't expecting much at all to be honest but actually I bloody loved it, it was really pacey, proper good uncomplicated, unpretentious fantasy fun and I sailed through it.
Fourth Wing is available on my Libby as an audiobook. I don’t really read fantasy, unless HP counts 😂 Is it worth a listen or not?

Reactions: 4
Started reading the books at my bedside. I found Dinner Lady Detectives (not bad) and I'm now reading Paul O'Grady's Country Life with his voice in my head narrating it. 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.