Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m listening to The Mistake by Wendy James. It’s a slow burner but I’m really getting into it. I have audio books playing when I’m cooking.

Enjoying People Like Her. I'm about half way through.

Though it has made me despise the word mama :ROFLMAO: with all the "you do you, mama!" lines.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Enjoying People Like Her. I'm about half way through.

Though it has made me despise the word mama :ROFLMAO: with all the "you do you, mama!" lines.
She’s not the best author by a mile 😂 and it’s no masterpiece that will stay with us for decades,

(I’m sure her publisher is wondering why her sales have gone up this week 😂)

but it’s so connected to this site and the influencer world I think it made it so much more enjoyable for us. 😂

Reactions: 5
Audible have a 2 for 1 sale atm. I got American Dirt and The Perfect Wife - JP Delaney for 1 credit.

My sister the serial killer is on the 2 for 1 and a few Marion Keyes books. I listen to Audio books a lot while I work. My usual preference are non fiction but have got these 2 as recommended.

It was my birthday on Friday and someone got me the flat share by Beth O’Leary. Sounds really weird the storyline but started it yesterday gonna give it a go. Has anyone else read it

Reactions: 1
Audible have a 2 for 1 sale atm. I got American Dirt and The Perfect Wife - JP Delaney for 1 credit.

My sister the serial killer is on the 2 for 1 and a few Marion Keyes books. I listen to Audio books a lot while I work. My usual preference are non fiction but have got these 2 as recommended.
I'm feeling the pressure.

Also after reading on my iPad for ages I have to kindle app, reading from an actual book is hard work does anyone else find this 😂

Reactions: 4
Also after reading on my iPad for ages I have to kindle app, reading from an actual book is hard work does anyone else find this 😂
I have on multiple occasions tapped on a word in a physical book to try and find the definition 🤣 kindle just seems so much easier to read to me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I have on multiple occasions tapped on a word in a physical book to try and find the definition 🤣 kindle just seems so much easier to read to me
Me too! And also it’s brighter , I’m betting that I need glasses I think . So reading a book and the text is small I find it hard work. Whereas on my iPad I can enlarge it. And I like that it suggests things similar at the end of the book 😌

Reactions: 2
i have had to force myself to take a break from dune by frank herbert, because i was whizzing through so fast and it is SO GOOD i want to savour it a bit more!

It was my birthday on Friday and someone got me the flat share by Beth O’Leary. Sounds really weird the storyline but started it yesterday gonna give it a go. Has anyone else read it
I have. I liked it. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be like. Quite a poignant read actually. I'd say give it a go. :giggle:

Reading has taken a back seat over the last week for me as I’ve been rewatching Line of Duty, but I’ve been popping in and out of this thread and downloaded People Like Her ready for when I’m all caught up with telly!

I’m partway through a book called The Book Club at the moment, then have Behind Her Eyes as my work book club read.

Reactions: 3
Would be grateful for any kindle unlimited recommendations!! 🥰

Will be ending my trial soon and going into airplane mode 🤫

I’ve FINALLY finished The Other Wife. For a fairly short book it’s taken me ages to get through it. If I’d been able to get into it and read it quicker I’d have given it a 4/5 but as I just didn’t care about the characters (which led me to not being desperate to see what happened) I’m saying a 3.5/10. There were just too many twists and reveals to keep up with. Take a couple of them out and it would have been a solid story but it was just wasn’t plausible. The last third of the book felt like lots happened in it but the first two were far too slow and repetitive.

Now to jump on the bandwagon and start People Like Her!

Reactions: 2
Would be grateful for any kindle unlimited recommendations!! 🥰

Will be ending my trial soon and going into airplane mode 🤫
Have you read any from Rachel Abbott? I love her books and read all the Tom Douglas series through kindle unlimited. They have books 1 to 3 in one bundle and 4 to 6 in another so that may just count as 2 loans? Shari Low's books are witty and entertaining.

D. S. Butler, Carol Wyer, Carla Kovach and Diane Chamberlain are other authors I really enjoy.

Finished People Like Her last night and despite having a C. L. Taylor book lined up, and a huge TBR pile, I'm combing Amazon for new reads.

• Heart
I've just finished Haven't they grown by Sophie Hannah - Now i've finished it I can say it's total crap, but I enjoyed reading 90% of it until the ending which was a massive let down.

Another book I've read recently that I picked up in Tesco on a whim is 'If I can't have you by' Charlotte Levin. Really enjoyed this one - it's kind of a mixture between The Girl on the Train and Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.

Reactions: 4
I've just finished Haven't they grown by Sophie Hannah - Now i've finished it I can say it's total crap, but I enjoyed reading 90% of it until the ending which was a massive let down.

Another book I've read recently that I picked up in Tesco on a whim is 'If I can't have you by' Charlotte Levin. Really enjoyed this one - it's kind of a mixture between The Girl on the Train and Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.
I was so tempted to get Haven't they grown but, between Amazon and book group I'm in the poor reviews turned me off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.