Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
About to start People Like Her. I’ve put Rachel’s holiday on hold. Will report back when I finish 🤣

Reactions: 6

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I’m 50% of the way through people like her and loooove it. So relevant for this gossip forum and some of the influencers we talk about. Love that it has the thriller twist to what would usually just be typical chick lit too. So so good!

Actually it's funny you mentioned about feeling like you didn't get your money's worth because you read it fast, I have read a few books recently in one day (seriously don't know how, I have a job and kids) and I was wondering if authors like that people do that, it must be flattering to know that people are so.lost in your world that they can't put it down but at the same time so much work has gone into it and people are just reading it in 6 hours and moving on!

Regina George

VIP Member
I have a kindle paperwhite and love it but have recently joined my local library to save money. Kindle is great for the 99p books but for more expensive ones I’m definitely utilising the library.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I love this thread 🥰📚 I really found my love of reading throughout lockdown, my goodreads goal was to read 30 books in 2021 but I’ve upped it to 50 now.

• Heart
I've just downloaded People like her. Spent 10 minutes reading first few pages and looks very good!! Very tattle appropriate too. I wonder if the author is a tattler lol

Custard cream

I’ve just finished The Midnight Library and I have to say I really loved it. I wasn’t even going to read it because I thought I wouldn’t like it but I’m so glad I decided to give it a go. I mean, it’s not the best book I’ve even read by any means but I really enjoyed it and found it heartwarming and uplifting. Now to decided what to read next 🤔

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Oh no sorry guys I didn’t mean it in a bad way 😩 I love finding new books! I’ve just seen a few folk talking about it and the hype behind it seemed really sweet. I liked it 😊
no need to say sorry!!! This is the only thread on tattle where we will never ever need that word 🥰🥰

• Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Finished People Like Her last night - solid 4 out of 5. I much preferred the first half to the second. I enjoyed reading about the utter lies that go on behind the scenes on influencers posts much more than the thriller aspect at the end - totally opposite to what I thought I would have enjoyed.

I laughed so many times when reading about the reality around the exaggerated, bullshit posts as I have a friend who is a wannabe influencer and as I know her real life so well, my bullshit radar flashes every time I read her totally made up posts. She does the whole “my baby didn’t sleep at all last night so excuse the bags under my eyes” when two minutes earlier she’s text me saying she can’t believe her child slept from 7-7!

The book was totally not something I would have read if it weren’t for seeing it mentioned here so many times so thank you! Now what to read next?!

Anonymous_Troll

Just finished People Like Her. Really enjoyed it and think it’s a TRAVESTY it wasn’t picked for Tattle Book Club - so much possibility for discussion!

Does anyone else obsessively read the acknowledgments at the end of a book? If it’s one I really enjoyed, they can even make me a bit tearful. I know, I need to get a life! Anyway, fascinated to read that People Like Her is written by a husband and wife duo under a pseudonym! Not sure I’ve ever read a co-written novel before.

potatowaffles

Right so I’ve finally finished the midnight library and tbh, I don’t know. It took me a long time to get into it which is why I took really long to finish it.

By the middle I was quite enjoying it, but I found Nora just really annoying when she married ash and just went into motherhood? like a get it’s a fictional book but how can you just go so seamlessly into having your own kid???? The ending was lovely and what saved it for me to be honest. However I kind of wish to know whether she ended up meeting ash for coffee.

So final thoughts are, it was okay. I still gave it a 4* rating on goodreads but think it’s more suited to like a 3.6 ish 😂. I think the main issue was the hype the book got. It set my standards really high and it meant it fell a little short of expectation. Also coming right off of the tattooist and cilka’s journey, two really strong 5* reads for me, it just couldn’t compare. I’m glad I read it and I’d still recommend it but it just didn’t quite have that spark.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
WE LOVE OUR LIBRARY~ my 35 year old son found his OLD library card in a box about 2 yrs ago, He went to see if it still worked.. IT DID! he lives in a different town and when he came back home for a visit, he tried it... we were so shocked.. When our children were younger, we would go every tuesday and thursday to check out new books and to go to the summer reading programs they offered. All 3 of our boys are readers still to this day. Proud MOM~
you sound like my mum 🥰 she started reading to us every night when we we’re tiny, for about hours a night, no mean feat when your kids are 4, 5 etc.
we’d go to the library twice a week, but the Enid Blyton books are a stand out memory, memories from back then still makes my heart do a little flutter 🥺

• Heart

potatowaffles

Hey, I’m new to this community but love reading your suggestions. I’m hoping it gives me the kick up the arse to start reading again 😂.

I’m one of those classic “haven’t finished a book since primary school” type folk and even then when I did my papers/exams I wrote them about books I’d not read past the first couple pages 😂.

Anyway, I’m finally embarking on my reading journey. I’m starting off with some best sellers, so I’ve got the “tattooist of auschwitz” (super late to the party, I know you’re probably all tired of hearing about it 🤪) which I’m currently reading through and “the midnight library”, “the real silent witnesses” and “cilka’s journey” on my up next ❤
In case anyone was interested to know the update of my reading journey, I just finished the tattooist. I think it was the perfect read to get me back into loving books again. I held it together until I read the forward by lale’s son and reading about their funerals.. I cried like a wee baby honestly.

• Heart

Marylou

VIP Member
OMG I took my kindle off aeroplane mode to download today's 8 books only to discover another 7 that I completely forgot about 🤣🤣 I'm delighted cause there's the latest in a series I'm enjoying and The Arrangement is also downloaded. I've started The Push, now real life needs to take a back seat for a few days 🤣

• Haha
In book thread 1 I was debating whether to buy a kindle or not. In the end I did buy one and I feel like I am reading more on it. I am only reading books that are 99p/£1.99/£2.99 and they are always much cheaper than the paperback equivalent. I have also read a few free books on Prime Reading.
I would recommend a kindle as I find it much easier. I can read at night or early morning when my husband is sleeping. I love that I can change the font/brightness.
I don't know what it is but I find it easier to pick up during a work break than an actual paperback.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
She’s still writing according to her blog, she churns out about 4 books a year I think, but I agree the quality of her work is awful now.
I am convinced there is now an intern that is writing on her behalf 🤣
the style is so
sarah walked into the restaurant, sarah liked the restaurant, the restaurant looked nice, she sat down and pulled her mobile phone out of her bag, she put her bag on the chair, sarah looked around the restaurant, it really was a nice restaurant....“

i want to scream “you’ve hit your word target we get it” 😂

• Haha

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I’m currently reading last one to the party thanks to everyone’s recommendations....it’s amazing I just want to keep reading and reading but unfortunately got kids to look after 😂

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Don't give up, it gets better I promise. Really enjoyed that book, good twist if I remember correctly.

Of course I had to download People Like Her and all I can say is wow to what I've read so far. There are so many influencers going through my head whilst reading it, Stacey Solomon, Brianna K, The Saccone Joly family etc.. Hoping to dive in properly tonight and finish over the weekend. It absolutely should be a book club choice, it's just written for tattlers.
Tattle actually gets a mention!

• Haha
  • Wow

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I’ve just finished reading The Push by Ashley Audrain and thought it was amazing....although it had me in tears at some points! Not sure what to read next?