Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I might be one of the one people here but I did like the midnight library lol. I still haven't selected an amazon first reads. I want to wait for a few of you to give me an opinion first lol.

I don't really have anyone IRL to talk to about books and find a few FB groups I am in very overwhelming. So I really appreciate the community we have here ❤

Also I am STILL thinking about Last one at the party 😢 I wish I could read it again. I've downloaded and started Skin today. I have next week off so hoping to get a couple of books in!

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I really need to get my reading mojo back. I read 100 books both in 2019 and 2020 and so far this year I’ve finished 2 books and I’m pushing myself through another. I fell pregnant in December and my sickness has been intense from the start and I’m only now only getting a small bit in the morning before it passes. Also been so tired. Reading has just been hard to do. I really miss it but finding it hard to get back into the swing of things.

Any tips on getting back to it? Especially with pregnancy and then a newborn? I’m hoping I can still read a bit when baby comes because it’s like my one thing I really enjoy. (And I work in a library, kinda my job lol)
I’ve never read as much before as I do now that I use the Kindle app on my phone. Instead of mindlessly scrolling through social media or the news etc, I make sure I open the Kindle app instead. It fills in all those random pockets of time - waiting for the kettle to boil, on the loo, while my son settles to sleep (thank god for dark mode!) etc. I only read a handful of books last year but this I’m part way through my 15th all thanks to the Kindle app.

Reactions: 8

slugella

VIP Member
Oh no sorry guys I didn’t mean it in a bad way 😩 I love finding new books! I’ve just seen a few folk talking about it and the hype behind it seemed really sweet. I liked it 😊
Don't worry I know what you meant! It has made me want to read it too :giggle:

Omg I am SO tired I stayed up til 2am trying to finish The Huntress. Still got 20% to go though. Really enjoying it, I need to know how it ends!!

I feel like I've fell from a third story window from lack of sleep. Oh how the pandemic had changed me, before I would have been out dancing til 3am now I can't handle a late night of reading 😂

Coffee and then time to finish the book

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve read a couple of short stories through Prime Reading.

Lisa Ko - the contractors 3/5
Emma Donoghue - half way to free 4/5. I wish this was a longer book. I would have loved for the story to continue.

This is my current TBR physical pile. I’m enjoying my kindle so much more than paperback. Not sure what to pick up next.

778C01D1-F770-47BB-983C-63FA4672220E.jpeg

Anonymous_Troll

Just ordered ‘People Like Her’ - thanks everyone for the recommendations. This thread gives me so much enthusiasm for reading, it’s lovely to chat with likeminded people. 🥰🥰

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Im 40% through People Like Her and Im absolutely gripped. I have to work today but have taken a half day before the kids are home for 2 weeks so I will hopefully get it finished today.

• Heart

Koakes

Now I'm gonna have to download People like her! Haha, almost finished American Dirt, I wasn't sure I'd like it. I'm always abit skeptical about those books celebs love. But now I regret not reading it sooner

Blondie

VIP Member
I've just downloaded

Win by Harlan Coben

Trust Me by T. M. Logan

Both sound so good I can't wait to read them!

Currently reading 'The Other passenger by Louise Candlish'

jarv

VIP Member
I've come to bed early to try and smash through the last of crazy rich asians so I can get through people like her this weekend 😂

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just ordered ‘People Like Her’ - thanks everyone for the recommendations. This thread gives me so much enthusiasm for reading, it’s lovely to chat with likeminded people. 🥰🥰
its why I wanted to set up the book club but I’ve found such joy in this one because of how mixed it is 🥰

its one of very few I “watch” and I hate when it goes silent 😂 fully aware I’M SO SAD 😂

• Haha

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I'm reading so much lately and i'm buying them either brand new or used on amazon, in Tesco or Asda and i seem to be spending a lot of money! I've never used a Kindle before, but i'm beginning to think it might be cheaper for me to read on. Does it take awhile getting used to reading from it than an actual book? I've got an new IPAD can I read Kindle books for free on that?
I would think you could get the kindle app for an iPad - I have it on my iPhone. I was so anti kindle for years but now I barely touch actual books (and it breaks my heart a little) but it’s actually much easier to read on my phone sometimes. Just take some time to get the font, colour and size the best for you - for example I find a cream or black background works best for me rather than the bright white.

I am very happy with my Amazon first reads free prime choice this month.
I downloaded The Watcher Girl by Minka Kent. It took me a while to get into but I thought it was a good read. A few twists one which I found predictable but that didn't spoil the story.
My next read will be one of my library choices. Most likely broadcast by Liam Brown. I read another one of his books a few days ago so it will be interesting to see what this one is like.

I've read 22 books since 1st Jan which makes me feel really proud of myself. Last year I only managed 14 and my target for 2021 was 12.

Notworthy

VIP Member
BorrowBox sometimes do campaign titles which allow unlimited simultaneous use. We (I manage libraries) usually buy some each month but they do cost a lot more. Both BorrowBox and Overdrive have great content, no reservation charges, no fines etc and very easy to use. (#AD for libraries ha ha)
Libraries are still a very underused resource though, use it or lose it. My library have been brilliant, I reserve a book then go to the Library to pick it up, they also do ready reads so they look at your account and then choose books they think you'll enjoy.

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I just came on here to mention this book! Think it would make a good one for the Tattle book club, it’s right up our street. Only just started it but enjoying it so far too.
i suggested people like her with the push for the book club, twice on the push 🤣
but neither won 😂😂 so I read both myself instead 😂

I love this threeeeeead 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Regina George

VIP Member
I love this thread 🥰🥰🥰🥰 it’s the first one I check when coming onto tattle

Starting People Like Her this morning, will report back!

• Heart

at-the-disco

Chatty Member
I have nearly finished the Push by ashley audrain after seeing all you guys recommend it! i am totally hooked and disturbed omg it's so good

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I have such a weakness now for the Asda 2 for £8 deal so I have to stop by each time I’m in 😂

Today’s purchases were ‘normal people’ & ‘Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine’ - I’m so basic I know 🤪

Currently halfway through the ‘midnight library’ and I don’t really know what I think of it so far to be honest. Hope as I get further through it I’m more gripped though.
Eleanor Oliphant was my top read of 2020. Absolutely love it.
Normal people was disappointing compared to the series which I love.

potatowaffles

I just love how passionate you guys are about your love/hate of normal people ahahah and the discussions my post triggered!. I’ll put it on my to read next so I can join in next time 😉

• Haha
  • Heart

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I took a week’s breather from this thread because I was downloading so many new books and I already had a right load which were languishing unread...

I should’ve known better - all that’s happened is I’ve spent a while catching up and made a big list of books to look up 🤦‍♀️

• Haha