Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Ahh congratulations on your pregnancy hopefully your sickness and tiredness starts to ease soon.
I only really rediscovered my love for reading after having my little girl (now 3.5!) I would read my kindle whilst waiting for hospital appointments and then when she was a newborn and slept a lot I would find there was only so much daytime tv I could watch so would read instead....also found it handy having the kindle app on my phone and when we would go out and she would fall asleep in the car I could sit on the drive and read my book!
*waves* Hello fellow car napper veteran. My Kindle app saved me and still does when my 3.5yo has the odd car nap. My 5mo has never really had a car nap as we rarely go anywhere that requires the car 🙄

Reactions: 1

Marylou

VIP Member
Finally finished Strangers by CL Taylor and it was a chore tbh. I didn't care for any of the characters, storyline was all over the place and I wasn't invested enough to absorb it properly. Last chapter alone saved it from being filed in my "woeful" collection on my Kindle.

Blondie

VIP Member
I have such a weakness now for the Asda 2 for £8 deal so I have to stop by each time I’m in 😂

Today’s purchases were ‘normal people’ & ‘Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine’ - I’m so basic I know 🤪

Currently halfway through the ‘midnight library’ and I don’t really know what I think of it so far to be honest. Hope as I get further through it I’m more gripped though.
Same. I'm on chapter 11. Not gripped, hope it gets more interesting

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I’m currently reading the Bridgerton books after watching the series 😋
An author I love is Tim Weaver. I’ve preordered his next book which is out in a few weeks! Really good crime/psychological thriller stories.
I really enjoy Tim Weaver as a writer too!

thank you!! I just need to stop my obsession of checking my phone every 2 minutes so I can concentrate!!! I have such a short attention span it’s embarrassing😂😂
I am the same! I need to maybe have someone take my phone off me....it’s awful I’m so addicted!

• Haha

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I've just downloaded

Win by Harlan Coben

Trust Me by T. M. Logan

Both sound so good I can't wait to read them!

Currently reading 'The Other passenger by Louise Candlish'
Ooh trust me is on my wish list it only came out yesterday didn’t it? I’ve got a load of books to be getting on with so may wait for it to come down in price 🙈 not read anything by Harlan coben (I’ve watched the stranger though!) so would be interested to hear what you think! I enjoyed the other passenger and also one called Those people which she also wrote

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Im still powering through Shuggie Bain on Audible. Its really quite a sobering stark listen but Iam really enjoying it.

Started When We Believed In Mermaids by Barbara O'Neil on the kindle.

Notworthy

VIP Member
I finished two books yesterday. The Perfect Wife by JP Delaney, this was a bit too sci-fi for me. Very well written thriller though. Are his other books like this? I liked the style of his writing but did get half of the 'twist' early on.

Also finished 'When we believed in Mermaids' by Barbara O'Neal. I really liked this one, was was 2 separate stories which intertwined and swapped over each chapter. Nice heart warming easy to read book.

Im about to start People Like Her on the Kindle I know Im late to the party with that. I have American Dirt on Audible to start too.

Jane Shemilt - Daughter. I still think about this book and I read it quite a few years ago.

Harriet Tyce - Blood Orange, I feel like I go on about this a lot but it was one where I was :eek: at the end.
I didn't find that so much with The Perfect Wife but I definitely did with Playing Nice, I think that's the weakest of the 4 books so one to avoid.

Gamu

VIP Member
Just bought for 99p Lightseekers by Femi Kayode it came up on my recommended books- a crime fiction that is set in Nigeria about a psychologist who goes to a remote town to investigate a triple murder. I will start it next. It looks good

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I loved them, I don’t know why i alw remember them 😭😭 can’t believe it was 10/11 years ago! I hope I haven’t bigged them up in my memory 😆 there are two, then a YA style one
😂😂 they sound like my kind of guilty pleasure books! Got a couple to read before then but I have downloaded the first of the series ready so I don’t forget 🤣

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
Hmm I might give them a go. I absolutely love the series!! Thank you 🤣
I would day buy the first one and give it a shot. If you don't like don't read the rest.

There are a lot of differences but I really enjoyed the book as some chapters are from Simon's perspective so it was fun to get a different take on things. I think it made their relationship a bit more interesting.

• Heart

silkytoes

I loved Daisy Jones and the Six. If you think you'd read another by that author I can highly recommend The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
I really want to read Evelyn Hugo! I tried to get out the ebook from my library but apparently my county only has 1 copy of the ebook to loan and there's a 6 month wait for it! Now the libraries are open again I might go try get a physical copy. Is there a film coming out or something? I can't figure out why it has such a long wait.

Geranium

VIP Member
I reckon if we weren’t in the midst of a global pandemic, I would have scored it lower than I did (I think I felt generous and said 4.5, but it could easily have been anywhere from 3.5 upwards on reflection). I think it just hit at a level that without this last years experience, I would have had difficulty processing and understanding.

Did anyone else find the VR party scene just totally out of place and weird?!
Oh god yes!

HelloStereo

VIP Member
This is me now just got myself a brew and hot water bottle 😂 ohhh this was now how I was spending my Friday nights a year ago :ROFLMAO:👩‍🦳
Haha that sounds cosy, that's how I will be soon :D. Can't believe this time last year I was probably having a pint down the pub.

lcb94

I just finished Blood Orange and I still have so many questions. Just starting The Holiday now!

blondelolita

Chatty Member
It probably says something about my character that my favourite character in Rebecca was Rebecca herself although I also loved Beatrice and Giles and Frank Crawley! Loved Wuthering Heights too but only on a second reading.

Glad you mentioned Perfume - what an incredible book. It’s so unlike anything I’ve ever read.

Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton was a favourite last year so I’m going to check out Sister - thanks.

Love Jo Nesbo. Have you read the Dragon Tattoo trilogy?
Loved Macbeth by Nesbo, also loved the Dragon tattoo books, I didn’t hate the continuations but they’re not as good obviously!
I work in a library too 😂