Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
First time posting on this thread but I love it and have written down so many of your suggestions!

I’ve just finished Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris - absolutely loved it.

Reactions: 10
I enjoyed the small amount I read last night. I loved the tattooist so much so I was reluctant to start this but bought it when it was 99p (I usually buy loads as I see them at that price then just go through them- cheap skate😂). Hopefully I will enjoy it just as much!!
I do that too and then I end up with books I don’t even realise I’ve bought 😂

How weird is this. I just got an email from Amazon... Enid Blyton books 99p 👀 👀 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m the same I add loads to my wish list then wait for them to come down in price!

And then I’m fuming when I’ve paid more than 99p and they come down In price!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
First time posting on this thread but I love it and have written down so many of your suggestions!

I’ve just finished Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris - absolutely loved it.
I only created an account here to comment on thr book thread!
Loads added to my wishlist and I downloaded Behind Closed Doors yesterday- it's free on kindle unlimited at the moment
I've just finished American Dirt - couldn't put it down!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone use Kindle unlimited? Is it worth it compared to prime reading? I've found loads of books on Prime reading I wouldn't have brought but enjoyed.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone use Kindle unlimited? Is it worth it compared to prime reading? I've found loads of books on Prime reading I wouldn't have brought but enjoyed.
I use it and love it - ive never used prome reading but like you I've read lots if books I wouldn't have considered only for it - there is usually a free trial period

Reactions: 2
This is a book a didn’t want to read because of the hype. And I sometimes find Oprah book club choices to be pretentious shite 🤪
But I really enjoyed this.

I didn’t feel the same about Crawdads sing - unpopular opinion I know 🙈

this makes me so happy 🥰 I love book people 🤪🙈

Reactions: 5
This is a book a didn’t want to read because of the hype. And I sometimes find Oprah book club choices to be pretentious shite 🤪
But I really enjoyed this.

I didn’t feel the same about Crawdads sing - unpopular opinion I know 🙈

this makes me so happy 🥰 I love book people 🤪🙈
I hadn't heard or seen anything about it just it was the pick here for this months read - I'm glad - best book I've read in years

Reactions: 2
I hadn't heard or seen anything about it just it was the pick here for this months read - I'm glad - best book I've read in years
my sister is not a reader at all, never has been, but she uses audible now and this was one of the first books she read. It wouldn’t be a genre she’d go for (and I’d say similar about myself) but she loved it.

it’s next months tattle life book club pick!!

Loads added to my wishlist and I downloaded Behind Closed Doors yesterday- it's free on kindle unlimited at the moment
I’m reading American Dirt now it’s so good! Although I’m having some strange dreams but that’s probably due to also watching Ozark!

I’ve just finished my first Mark Edwards (The House Guest) thanks to the recommendations here and I really enjoyed it. A writer I’d never heard of and one I‘ll definitely be revisiting - thanks gang!

I’ve also read Breaking Out by Janice Nix - a story of an ex-convict intertwined with her current life as a probation officer. Very illuminating and I thought it was well written mostly although sometimes the structure was chaotic.

Looking for some light relief chick lit now - any recommendations? Thanks all!

Reactions: 3
I’ve just finished my first Mark Edwards (The House Guest) thanks to the recommendations here and I really enjoyed it. A writer I’d never heard of and one I‘ll definitely be revisiting - thanks gang!

I’ve also read Breaking Out by Janice Nix - a story of an ex-convict intertwined with her current life as a probation officer. Very illuminating and I thought it was well written mostly although sometimes the structure was chaotic.

I loved the flat share and the switch by Beth o’Leary for a bit of light reading!

I'm still on crazy rich asians which I am enjoying but it's not gripping me as much as other books have recently otherwise I'd have finished 😂 hoping to finish it over the next couple of nights.

I bought American dirt today so will read that next

I've used it in the past, when there's an offer, and it took me out of my comfort zone with books. A tip for those currently using it, download as many books as you like, keep your Kindle in Aeroplane mode when tour trial ends and they'll stay in your library until you reconnect and Amazon take them back.

I've gone for The Missing Wife by Sheila O Flanagan for a change to my usual suspense /thriller reads. It's been on my TBR pile too long and it's quite good. Not chick lit and the story is quite sad but uplifting at the same time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

I'm in the middle of Grown Ups by Marian Keyes and really enjoying it. All about a family United by three brothers and their respective wives and (step)children. Had to stifle quite a few giggles to avoid waking the baby.

Also got a book by Sara Manning called Rescue Me on the go too. It's about a couple that share a rescue dog. Only a couple of chapters in but has also made me laugh a lot. Maybe because I'm guilty of spending far too much money on my own rescue dog and cater to her every whim 🙈

The Woman Who Fooled The World by Beau Donelly and Nick Toscano - it's about the wellness influencer Belle Gibson who pretended to have cancer and then pretended to cure it with a whole foods diet. It's fascinating, I think most tattlers would enjoy it.

I recently finished The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune and I loved it so much, would highly recommend it. It’s quite possibly made it to number 1 on my favourite books list.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.