Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh how do we avail of these?
If you have Amazon Prime you get sent an email on the first of every month offering a selection of new books, one of which you can pick for free. All but one of my picks have been great so far!

Reactions: 2
Hallo 👋
New poster on this thread - don't know how I have missed it so far!
I heard a book being discussed on the radio I am really keen to read - Unsettled Ground by Clare Fuller. It sounds so good, coming out very soon I think. I haven't read any other Clare Fuller - has anyone else?

• Heart
My favourite email of the week is the good reads new releases 😐

and weekly I get a spend 25 quid get a fiver off offer, so that’s stiff competition.

Reactions: 4
Hallo 👋
New poster on this thread - don't know how I have missed it so far!
I heard a book being discussed on the radio I am really keen to read - Unsettled Ground by Clare Fuller. It sounds so good, coming out very soon I think. I haven't read any other Clare Fuller - has anyone else?
Our Endless Numbered Days was her debut and is a really good book, I have read another of hers - Bitter Orange which I liked too but her debut was better. I am looking forward to Unsettled Ground.

Reactions: 1
Going to download the new DCI Kett book by Alex Smith, which is the sixth in the series and out today.

They’re on unlimited if anyone fancies trying out a new series.

Quite gritty in places, but a good set of regular characters with some unpredictable humour thrown in.

Oh wow I’ve had prime for ages and didn’t know about first reads 🤦🏼‍♀️

Think I’m going for The Aftermath.

I flipping love this thread I had no idea about first picks - thank you! I've also gone for the aftermath, not sure I'll read it just yet, do they expire?

I really can't decide what to read next! I downloaded loads of samples today but nothing gripped me, but I may not be in the right frame of mind 😂 might wait to see what the next book club book is.

Reactions: 3
I’m about a quarter of the way through The Aftermath and I’ve made myself stop reading as I am enjoying it so much I don’t want to finish it too quickly!

I’m about a quarter of the way through The Aftermath and I’ve made myself stop reading as I am enjoying it so much I don’t want to finish it too quickly!
Ooh this sounds promising! I’ve got 20% left of Skin and then I’m on it. You’ve got me excited for it 😊

This thread is so bad for my bank account haha but I love all the recommendations and probably wouldn't have read most of the books if it wasn't for here ❤

Reactions: 4
This thread is so bad for my bank account haha but I love all the recommendations and probably wouldn't have read most of the books if it wasn't for here ❤
Same here. I can’t wait to see what everyone is reading and I like how people are so nice and respectful of other’s opinions.

Reactions: 8
Just finished The Midnight Library. I really wanted to like it, but just didn't find it as good as all the critics have said it is. A bit underwhelming IMO. Has anyone else read it?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.