Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on a book buying ban this month (got way too many unread ones!) so I’ll just be adding all suggestions onto my wish list for May 😂

I know it may give away our real identities but does anyone track their reads on goodreads?

Reactions: 1
Im 40% through People Like Her and Im absolutely gripped. I have to work today but have taken a half day before the kids are home for 2 weeks so I will hopefully get it finished today.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m on a book buying ban this month (got way too many unread ones!) so I’ll just be adding all suggestions onto my wish list for May 😂

I know it may give away our real identities but does anyone track their reads on goodreads?
I do. I would be lost without goodreads as I have read so many books I would end up rereading some. Especially as a lot of thrillers have quite vague blurbs it isn't always easy to tell if you have read it already.

I used to keep a list on my phone, but goodreads is a lot quicker to check

Reactions: 2
I started the arrangement on Tuesday night and finished it last night 😂 it was alright, made me roll my eyes at some points but it was an easy read and I enjoyed the story! Now what to read next 🤷‍♀️ it was payday yesterday so might treat myself to a new book, as if I ain't got others saved up on my kindle 🤣

Reactions: 4

I do! I love good reads.

I love Goodreads, especially as covers get redone every so often so it’s easier to keep track as otherwise I’d definitely pick up the same books twice!

Reactions: 4
I started the arrangement on Tuesday night and finished it last night 😂 it was alright, made me roll my eyes at some points but it was an easy read and I enjoyed the story! Now what to read next 🤷‍♀️ it was payday yesterday so might treat myself to a new book, as if I ain't got others saved up on my kindle 🤣
It’s definitely not the best book in the universe but I think I enjoyed how easy it was to read. The story ticked along at a decent pace and I was keen to find out what happened. Glad you didn’t hate it! 😂

It’s definitely not the best book in the universe but I think I enjoyed how easy it was to read. The story ticked along at a decent pace and I was keen to find out what happened. Glad you didn’t hate it! 😂
Yeah tbf to the author she didn't fanny about she got straight to the point! I thought it was a satisfying ending too 👍

I’ve just finished People Like Her, very interesting! I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: 5
Personally I never got into using good reads. I found it too tricky so I write down in the back of my planner what book I've read. I rely on Amazon reminding me I have already brought a title haha.

I finished The Choice by Claire Wade last night. 3.5/5 - It was good with a few twists I wasn't expecting. It made me want to eat cake and brownies which are banned in the world haha. Sugar is banned, exercise classes are mandatory and people snitch on each other. I found it very easy to follow the story and follows the classic dystopian plot line.

Reactions: 3
I've just finished People like her. I think it needs to come with a trigger warning for infant loss.

I'm on Goodreads. I recently started using Storygraph too which is better for more detailed reviews and more specific recommendations but it hasn't got the same social aspects to it so I've not completely made the switch.

I finished The Choice by Claire Wade last night. 3.5/5 - It was good with a few twists I wasn't expecting. It made me want to eat cake and brownies which are banned in the world haha. Sugar is banned, exercise classes are mandatory and people snitch on each other. I found it very easy to follow the story and follows the classic dystopian plot line.
I started reading this last night after our dystopia conversation the other day. I'm already about a third of the way through. It's decent so far.

Ooh the Amazon first reads are out! It’s become one of my favourite days of the month 😂 Anyone picked their free book yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.