Books #18 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Winners (3rd Beartown book) is 99p today... Im gonna do it even though I have the hardback as the sheer size of it has put me off

Oof I’m tempted but I’m trying to wait it out for the paperback of the winners at the end of this month 😭 I have the first two as paperback so I want to keep them all the same format

Reactions: 1
Also 'Dirty Laundry' is a fantastic book. Not sure if anyone here would appreciate it but I loved it and found it actually quite helpful.
Oooh thanks for highlighting this. I followed the authors on TikTok (before I deleted the account) and found their content very helpful.

I did go for an assessment for ADHD with my local NHS service but it was absolutely nowhere near the supposed 3 hours they claim to supply. Maybe I need to pretend I'm a BBC journalist to gain access to that 🤔

Oh and I definitely don't have ADHD especially as my local health board does not tend to diagnose adults. Funny that 🙄

Anyway! Thanks for highlighting the book; sorry for the essay.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just had to put down 'The house in the witches wood' as it did nothing for me. I love witch books normally but the detail in some of the paragraphs were just too long winded.

a solid five stars from me to i’m sorry you feel that way. i already miss reading it - bought it on a complete whim but i know there’s a lot of posters here who will like it too 💙 (@Elle i am looking at you specifically 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am a bit late to the “what I read in May” as I just got married 🥰 but here is what I read (plus Love and Other Words). 9 books is a good effort for me!

IMG_6385.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oof I’m tempted but I’m trying to wait it out for the paperback of the winners at the end of this month 😭 I have the first two as paperback so I want to keep them all the same format
I ended up with three hardback copies of The Winners :oops: :ROFLMAO: one as a gift, I also preordered one but it was delayed shipping and I was desperate to have it for my holiday so bought it again in store. 🙈 I did manage to exchange the others though!

Pleaseee Beartowners all read it. Intrigued for your opinions!
---
I am a bit late to the “what I read in May” as I just got married 🥰 but here is what I read (plus Love and Other Words). 9 books is a good effort for me!

View attachment 2214102
Congrats!! As if you managed to read all these AND get married! I am impressed (that just autocorrected as I am undressed, happy I spotted it haha).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thank you everyone! May was quite stressful with the lead up to the wedding so I think I used reading as an escape 😂🥰 but we also eloped so it was quite small (but again still a stress haha).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ooh thanks for the heads up on Dirty Laundry - I wanted it as soon as it came out but couldn’t justify the cost. I’ve shown the authors’ TikToks to my husband multiple times going “look, it’s not just me!!” so hoping the book is just as good.
---
I’ve also bought The Winners too. Haven’t read book 2 yet, despite owning it since November last year but I couldn’t resist the 99p bargain.

Reactions: 2
Thank you everyone! May was quite stressful with the lead up to the wedding so I think I used reading as an escape 😂🥰 but we also eloped so it was quite small (but again still a stress haha).
oh wow, congratulations 🥳 🥂

• Heart
I gave up on Normal People. Started YOU again as a comfort read.
---
On Amazon now picking books for my sister.

My Dark Vanessa is 99p kindle deal today. Lots of trigger warnings. Long chapters but it is a well written book.

Also for anyone else on book facebook groups. The Fourth Wing?!? I feel like it is absolutely everywhere at the moment. Not for sale here though or Waterstones dont have it anyway 🤣
I have this and it’s one my book clubs reads! I am a fantasy book girly though so it’s right up my street 😂😂
---

View attachment 2214102
Congratulations on your marriage lovely 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.