Books #18 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is the quickest I’ve ever joined a new book thread. Usually it takes me a few pages of having to catch up before I realise how far behind I am 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I am slogging through Daisy Darker but may set it aside and read The Frequency of Us and The Other Half of Augusta Hope over the long weekend.

Reactions: 4
I’ve just started A Court of Mist and Fury today and I’m already on page 43 😅😅 it’s 624 pages, so it’s going to take a while for me to read, but I’m so happy I’ve started it as it’s reignited my love for reading

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Nearly finished Other People's Husbands. Not a lot happens and yet I've been invested throughout. Would recommend.

Reactions: 2
Currently reading ‘the most fun we ever had’

Enjoying it so far! Only half way though, hopefully doesn’t go downhill 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Random number generator chose no. 62 on my Kindle list which is The Colour of Bee Larkham's Murder. Started it this morning and I'm already hooked.

Still forcing myself to pick up Romantic Comedy which I have in hard back. It's a bit annoying that my reading brain is favouring my Kindle at the moment. Probably because most of my reading time is being done early in the morning, in bed, with the lights off.

Happy Bonus Bank Holiday to those who have it. Fortunately neither Big or Mini Biscuit have any interest in the Coronation so we won't be watching. Weather is supposed to be foul this afternoon so hoping to fit in some reading time away from the kids (or more if they end up watching a film).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Currently reading ‘the most fun we ever had’

Enjoying it so far! Only half way though, hopefully doesn’t go downhill 🤣
I finished this the other day and gave it 5 stars. Absolutely loved it
---
I’m about 1/3rd into All the ugly and wonderful things and enjoying it but feeling uncomfortable at the same time. Hoping to get it finished asap, I have a lot of housework to do today so I’ll listen while doing that!

• Heart
I know right? Who would have known that I would feel so much for a fictional Octopus 😭
It was just a really lovely book. Pretty predicable from about half way in I think, but that didn't matter - I was just looking forward to the octopus bits. I don't think there were any pointless characters, and the chapters were the perfect length for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Im going to buy Meet Me At The Lake by Carley Fortune this weekend. Has anyone read it yet?

I loved Every Summer After. I know we read it for our book club last year and it was a bit marmite. I gave it 5 stars which is v unusual for a contemporary romance for me.
---
This book was discussed the other day and on a 99p deal. Should I buy it?

Deal of the day: The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry: The uplifting and redemptive No. 1 Sunday Times bestseller https://amzn.eu/d/fZyqxDz

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’ve just finished unwell women by Elinor Cleghorn, recommended by @ordinaryjelly 😊

I really enjoyed it, but it’s also rage inducing reading about how women were (and still are) treated so terribly by the medical field. Definitely recommend!

• Heart
Im going to buy Meet Me At The Lake by Carley Fortune this weekend. Has anyone read it yet?

I loved Every Summer After. I know we read it for our book club last year and it was a bit marmite. I gave it 5 stars which is v unusual for a contemporary romance for me.
---
This book was discussed the other day and on a 99p deal. Should I buy it?

Deal of the day: The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry: The uplifting and redemptive No. 1 Sunday Times bestseller https://amzn.eu/d/fZyqxDz
Ooo I didn't realise her next book was out! :love: I really loved Every Summer After too, I flew through it. That's a bank hol read arranged for me!!

Currently reading The Angels of Lovely Lane by Nadine Dorries, it's such a comfort read for me so I'm really enjoying it 😀

can’t believe my friends made me go out for coffee today and so tore me away from pachinko :( - i am loving it!

also, can i have leigh bardugo thoughts from you lovely people? i want a really good fantasy series to get stuck into over the summer and i’ve heard good things - but have no clue where to start 🤣 is it worth it? and what should i read first?

• Heart
I have been influenced by you all and bought Icebreaker from Sainsburys today. Going to sit down with a brew and my blanket and read it now.

Right that's it. Halfway through and I'm officially DNF'ing Writers & Lovers. It's so tedious and painful and I don't like it.

I normally don't DNF and force myself to finish books, but this just really isn't doing it for me.

Reactions: 5
I'm on holiday at the moment so motoring through books.

Finished Weyward earlier today and omg I loved it so much. 5* from me (I am proper stingey with 5* ratings) so that's a big deal.

Also read Tender Is The Flesh, quite short so did that in about 2 hours. Brilliant dystopian book, but not for the squeamish.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm on holiday at the moment so motoring through books.

Finished Weyward earlier today and omg I loved it so much. 5* from me (I am proper stingey with 5* ratings) so that's a big deal.

Also read Tender Is The Flesh, quite short so did that in about 2 hours. Brilliant dystopian book, but not for the squeamish.
weyward was in my most recent amazon order (following reccs here) so this makes me more excited to read it 💙

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.