Books #18 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember being baffled by it at first. You basically want to make a blank document on it (I reckon any of the given options would do) then you can build the format from there. Google everything you need - a books read template and the front covers of all your books and save them as images in your phone or computer. Then you can add the images by clicking ‘upload’, add the template first then the covers one by one. Use the resize tools on each image to make it fit what you want. Then you can screenshot or download the image you create.
---
Or, I’m not sure if this will work but here is a link to the template I made for this month.
The link did work. Thank you!

And thank you for explaining it to me. I am determined to make it work.

Reactions: 1
Ahhhh my library account expired and I can’t get in there any time soon so I’ve lost access to all on BorrowBox. I just deleted my history and started a new temporary account but I’ve lost my reading lists and reserves now. Maybe it’s a liberating fresh start?!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
OK I bought some books
View attachment 2210533
---

It's a good'un!
---
I haven't heard anyone talking about Abby Jimenez but I randomly read her book Life's --- and it was so good! Excited to read more from her so couldn't resist buying Yours Truly.

Edit to add not sure why tattle won't let me write the name of her book - Life's t o o s h o r t
i've bought stargazer too, i hadn't heard of it but the description sounds right up my street- dark and twisty novel about female friendship!

Ah man, just had an email from Amazon with 80 Kindle books on sale for a £1. That's the housework on hold while I go and peruse.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ah man, just had an email from Amazon with 80 Kindle books on sale for a £1. That's the housework on hold while I go and peruse.
I don't know if I'm in a weird mood or something but I wasn't super keen on anything when I scanned through the list? probably a good thing given how many unread ebooks and physical books I already own 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't know if I'm in a weird mood or something but I wasn't super keen on anything when I scanned through the list? probably a good thing given how many unread ebooks and physical books I already own 😅
I've not checked the whole list yet but I'm tempted by Perfectly Ordinary People. My TBR list is growing.

I wasn't reading very much at all until I found this thread so on the positive I'm reading more. On the negative it's going to cost me unless I confine myself to the deals and the free books on Prime Reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just bought Beartown and will keep it as a reward for getting through my TBR but knowing how impatient I can be, I’ll probably read it after my current read 😂

started the girl on the train last night, half way through and it’s great!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Has anyone read the Cazalet chronicles?? A lot of authors I enjoy have quoted it as a favourite book/series of theirs and the first one is on kindle deals.

I need opinions - I've never read CoHo before but do I read Verity? I see the book everywhere but I can't help but think it'll be somewhat over-hyped.

Has anyone read the Cazalet chronicles?? A lot of authors I enjoy have quoted it as a favourite book/series of theirs and the first one is on kindle deals.
Same here! I started the first one but found it really slow and there were so many characters. I think once you get into the rhythm and acquainted with all of the characters it could be really good though! I definitely want to give it another chance but probably when I have a spell of free time like a holiday so I can fully concentrate on it.

Reactions: 2
I need opinions - I've never read CoHo before but do I read Verity? I see the book everywhere but I can't help but think it'll be somewhat over-hyped.
It probably is overhyped tbh but it’s still a good book and one I really enjoyed, so I say give it a go.

I bought all four ages ago in paperback but haven't started yet! I only ever hear good things about it though. Really should begin the first...

Same here! I started the first one but found it really slow and there were so many characters. I think once you get into the rhythm and acquainted with all of the characters it could be really good though! I definitely want to give it another chance but probably when I have a spell of free time like a holiday so I can fully concentrate on it.
Exact same here! I read about 20% of the first one and it didn't grip me. I am tempted to give it another try though as it is the sort of book I would normally love.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I listened to it on audio book and had a few audible gasp moments (I do love an audible gasp). I remember tidying my son’s room while listening to it and realised I’d been stood in the same spot holding some socks for about three minutes because I was so taken in by one of the twists/reveals. I found it to be much better than the other two of CoHo’s that I’ve read (Reminders of Him and It Ends With Us).

Reactions: 4
It’s got so much hype so I think it’ll always be a bit overhyped but I would definitely recommend. It’s different from her other stuff but definitely the first I’d recommend to someone!

Look what I have only gone and done! It has taken eleventeen billion explanations but I have finally got it. Didn't even have to ask my teen for advice. Thank you all for your help and patience.

IMG_20230602_205941_657.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Exact same here! I read about 20% of the first one and it didn't grip me. I am tempted to give it another try though as it is the sort of book I would normally love.
And @queenamber it was the family tree in the first few pages of the sample that rather scared me off! I always get a bit nervous when I see a book has oh so many characters to keep track of!

The Winners (3rd Beartown book) is 99p today... Im gonna do it even though I have the hardback as the sheer size of it has put me off.

Also 'Dirty Laundry' is a fantastic book. Not sure if anyone here would appreciate it but I loved it and found it actually quite helpful.

Reactions: 8
The Winners (3rd Beartown book) is 99p today... Im gonna do it even though I have the hardback as the sheer size of it has put me off.

Also 'Dirty Laundry' is a fantastic book. Not sure if anyone here would appreciate it but I loved it and found it actually quite helpful.
I just came in to say the same thing lol

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.