Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read this a while ago and am haunted by Sam. I wanted him so badly to see her grow up. The ending had me in tears. Such a brilliant book.
AGREE! I was at work, on my lunch break, wiping back tears. If i was at home I would have been sobbing šŸ˜­

Reactions: 3
I recently visited South Africa and felt I needed to read more on apartheid. I finished a lovely book from a childā€™s perspective ā€˜Hum if you donā€™t know the wordsā€™ which I highly recommend

Reactions: 7
I recently visited South Africa and felt I needed to read more on apartheid. I finished a lovely book from a childā€™s perspective ā€˜Hum if you donā€™t know the wordsā€™ which I highly recommend
Have you read Trevor Noahā€™s autobiography ā€˜Born a Crimeā€™? Iā€™m not a fan of autobiographies but itā€™s a brilliant book about growing up in SA during apartheid.

Reactions: 4
Born a Crime....incredible book. Its one of those books everyone should read.

I absolutely blitzed through The Puppet Show by M.W. Craven, a completely thrilling thriller. I did not see the ending coming at all.

Trouble is it is the first of five Wahington Poe detective books and now I neeeeeeed the rest despite having a hefty tbr already.

Iā€™ve abandoned Britt Marie (sorry @Caffeine Fiend ) but it was just too much of more of the same twee after ā€œmy grandmother sendsā€¦ā€and it wasnā€™t doing it for me.
Iā€™ve taken a leap into the unknown and started the appeal after seeing all the rave reviews here. Not my usual thing but Iā€™m trying to broaden horizons!

Reactions: 2
i, completely on a whim, bought in memorian by alice winn today (based purely on waterstonesā€™ instagram). i obviously havenā€™t read it but some already great reviews for anyone who enjoys a tragic sounding love story as much as i do šŸ¤£

Reactions: 1
I just finished Babel - I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Now starting Forever, Interrupted by TJR

Reactions: 5
I have a feeling Iā€™m going to get through a lot of books this month.

Iā€™ve just read an easy KU book in 24 hours. The Serial Killerā€™s Wife, by Alice Hunter. Nice short chapters and a gripping storyline.

I also finished my listen of The Only Suspect by Louise Candlish earlier and really recommend it, especially in audio format. I really felt that the narrators voice fit the main characters.

Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve abandoned Britt Marie (sorry @Caffeine Fiend ) but it was just too much of more of the same twee after ā€œmy grandmother sendsā€¦ā€and it wasnā€™t doing it for me.
Iā€™ve taken a leap into the unknown and started the appeal after seeing all the rave reviews here. Not my usual thing but Iā€™m trying to broaden horizons!
love hearing people read The Appeal. Its been one of my fav books that I have read this year. Itā€™s definitely not my usual kind of book but i really enjoyed it. Hope you do too. Let us know how you get on!

The last few days Iā€™ve been too tired to read after work and itā€™s making me so sad. Itā€™s like Iā€™m addicted to it and need to read every day haha. I have a few things on this weekend but hoping to be able to squeeze in some reading time.

• Sad
The last few days Iā€™ve been too tired to read after work and itā€™s making me so sad. Itā€™s like Iā€™m addicted to it and need to read every day haha. I have a few things on this weekend but hoping to be able to squeeze in some reading time.
I've been like this too. I hoped I'd have finished The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by now (had a snow day yesterday) but I still have a few chapters to go.

I listened to it on Audible and I definitely think it helped. Its the least favourite Backman I have read but Britt Marie is fab and I actually did that before my grandmother šŸ¤£ I didnt realise that it was a follow on - ish.

I loved The Appeal. I dont read a lot of thrillers or mysteries but I enjoyed the format very much.

Iā€™m going to Oslo in April and Iā€™m looking for recommendations like books about Norway or by Norse authors!! I started reading Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman and Iā€™m really liking it so far

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I havenā€™t read anything since finishing The Housemaid last week. Moved house on Tuesday so thatā€™s taken up a lot of my time, then caught a stomach bug which has completely wiped me out. And I am feeling quite home sick ā˜¹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Iā€™ve been decorating this week and have been listening to audiobooks while I crack on. So far Iā€™ve listened to The Cove by Alice Clark-Platts, A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness and The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell. I rated all of them 4/5 and downloaded them all off the BorrowBox for my library. Iā€™m waiting on Mockingjay, the 3rd Hunger Games book, to be available to me tomorrow on it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.