Books #16 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is the quickest we have got through a thread. Last one was created 11th Feb. Probably thanks to all the new members, which is just wonderful!

Link to previous thread.

Reactions: 19
I still never found out who read Mad Honey! 🤪

I am reading a Jojo Moyes, The Giver of Stars not my usual genre at all but I am enjoying it. Might need to pick up something thrillery alongside it.

Still got those other four Washington Poe novels on my mind. My no book buying ban has been going really well. I have bought one book with my actual money and two from an Amazon voucher. It is unheard of for me to have only bought 3 books and we are mid way through March. I have read 39 books this year so making a fair indent into my physical book tbr that I have here with me.

Reactions: 9
I bought James Patterson and Dolly Parton's book today. I used to read a lot of James Patterson in my late teens/early 20s but haven't read anything by him in years so interested to start that. Currently on The Housemaid's Secret and so far it's not grabbing me like the first book did. Hoping it improves!

Reactions: 7
I’m currently reading Daisy Jones and the Six, I’m actually enjoying the interview style
I wanted to read it before I watched the tv series 😆

Reactions: 16
I finally finished Betty. I felt it would be way too harsh to rate it less than 4. The writing was beautiful but I really struggled through it. Its taken me the best part of 5 weeks to read it.

Starting The Housemaid now :)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Haa anyone read Love In The Time of Cholera? Just seen on Insta it will be in series 10 of the Queens Reading Room book list? Wondering what anyone who's read it thought of it?

Reactions: 4
Hope it's okay to join :)

I've just started Wrong Place Wrong Time, anyone else? It's being pretty heavily promoted by Waterstones rn.

Trying to get out of a reading slump and read before going to sleep every night! Will see how long that lasts for...

Reactions: 8

I've just started Wrong Place Wrong Time, anyone else? It's being pretty heavily promoted by Waterstones rn.

Trying to get out of a reading slump and read before going to sleep every night! Will see how long that lasts for...
I had a 6 month reading slump, hadn't picked up a book since my holiday last August. But joining in this thread has given me back my love of reading! I never even knew it existed till I saw it mentioned in the Hinch thread!

Reactions: 12

Welcome! The more the merrier! This is a lovely thread ☺
I thought WPWT was ok but I didn’t really “get” it and found it too far fetched for me. Maybe my IQ isn’t high enough to understand what was going on. 😂 I think it’s an interesting concept for a book but didn’t work for me. I’m interested to know what you think of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Another newbie to this thread 👋
I am a mostly thriller, spy, cop drama reader.
Currently reading Portrait Of An Unknown Woman by Daniel Silva - not loving it but will finish.
Also just started Scrublands by Chris Hammer on audio.

Reactions: 10
Welcome! The more the merrier! This is a lovely thread ☺
I thought WPWT was ok but I didn’t really “get” it and found it too far fetched for me. Maybe my IQ isn’t high enough to understand what was going on. 😂 I think it’s an interesting concept for a book but didn’t work for me. I’m interested to know what you think of it.
I didn't enjoy WPWT either 😬

Reactions: 1
I didn't enjoy WPWT either 😬
Her earlier books I liked a lot but the last few from her I’ve found really meh. I wonder if she’s churning them out quickly to meet the deadline/book deal? 😔
She comes across as such a lovely person so I’m still reading her books in the hope I like them again.

Reactions: 2
I still never found out who read Mad Honey! 🤪

I am reading a Jojo Moyes, The Giver of Stars not my usual genre at all but I am enjoying it. Might need to pick up something thrillery alongside it.

Still got those other four Washington Poe novels on my mind. My no book buying ban has been going really well. I have bought one book with my actual money and two from an Amazon voucher. It is unheard of for me to have only bought 3 books and we are mid way through March. I have read 39 books this year so making a fair indent into my physical book tbr that I have here with me.
I just finished Mad Honey yesterday and really enjoyed it! It’s got me out my reading slump
---
88E7F779-B603-44FC-9B80-56B325986829.jpeg

all my library reservations came in at once! They’re all non-renewable as they’re reserved (Except TKAM) so I better get a move on!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.