Books #15 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And I haven't even written my F1 "romance" novel yet.
oh stephen there is a HUGE space on my favourite bookcase waiting for yours, i promise 💙
---
Can we take a second to reflect on how Melissa Broder has a new book coming out later this year and Coco Mellors (Cleopatra and Frankenstein author) has one coming out early next year? Does anyone else care? I'm excited!
i bought cleopatra and frankenstein over the weekend! i couldn’t resist the beauty of that cover any longer - looking forward it. also bought booth by karen joy fowler, which looks really interesting.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I will read romance books about anything but there is something about those damn ice hockey players. 🥵

I love them all. Every single one. I loved all the supporting characters in Ice Breaker so I am hoping itl be a series.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
If li'd just like to say that since my January 16th blip I have not bought any books this year. Not a single one.

I don't know what is wrong with me.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
If li'd just like to say that since my January 16th blip I have not bought any books this year. Not a single one.

I don't know what is wrong with me.
I got £40 shopping vouchers from work for Christmas, and I went to The Works the other day.

I don't think I really need to explain how the rest of the day went.

But as it was shopping vouchers it doesn't count as spending real money.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 10
If there are a few of us (me included) that haven’t yet read The Housemaid it might be a good March book club suggestion?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
If there are a few of us (me included) that haven’t yet read The Housemaid it might be a good March book club suggestion?
Which The Housemaid have been people been reading? There’s two on Amazon
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
If li'd just like to say that since my January 16th blip I have not bought any books this year. Not a single one.

I don't know what is wrong with me.
Ive bought two, Betty and that one about Love I linked the other day. I feel happy about it :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
oh stephen there is a HUGE space on my favourite bookcase waiting for yours, i promise 💙
---


i bought cleopatra and frankenstein over the weekend! i couldn’t resist the beauty of that cover any longer - looking forward it. also bought booth by karen joy fowler, which looks really interesting.
I really loved Booth, I found it so immersive.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Guys I've gone nuts this month with book buying...over £250 🙈🙈🙈 I've filled an entire bookcase and I have 27 books that I can't fit anywhere and 9 more on the way (to explain, I have an obsessive online shopping addiction - I was really bad with clothes last year and my NY resolution was so sort my tit out. I did really well in January but this month books have been my new obsession. I need to reign it in now 🙈).
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Guys I've gone nuts this month with book buying...over £250 🙈🙈🙈 I've filled an entire bookcase and I have 27 books that I can't fit anywhere and 9 more on the way (to explain, I have an obsessive online shopping addiction - I was really bad with clothes last year and my NY resolution was so sort my tit out. I did really well in January but this month books have been my new obsession. I need to reign it in now 🙈).
Now I don’t feel so bad. I wasn’t going to share because I was ashamed of myself but I’ve easy spent £50 on kindle books. I had a £30 Amazon voucher and I spent that and some.
now I don’t feel so bad ;)

I hope you enjoy your beautiful books … my dream is to have a library x
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
OMG Ulysses… it’s bringing back nightmares of English lit at uni 💀
---
Apart from the love hypothesis in Aldi I’ve only downloaded a few kindle books (cleopatra and Frankenstein being one!) but my problem now is the library. Even time i drop off the books I’ve finished I see more I want!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Now I don’t feel so bad. I wasn’t going to share because I was ashamed of myself but I’ve easy spent £50 on kindle books. I had a £30 Amazon voucher and I spent that and some.
now I don’t feel so bad ;)

I hope you enjoy your beautiful books … my dream is to have a library x
I'm lucky that my husband doesn't mind and actually bought me a new bookcase (the one I filled in about a week 🙈😂) I've been wanting to broaden my reading horizons so I've been buying a lot of books that I wouldn't usually choose. So far I've been really enjoying everything I've chosen and I've finally got my love of reading back which is so nice after social media basically stole my mojo. I've come off social media completely now and I just focus on reading which is so refreshing.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Speaking of the library.... I picked this up today because the title is giving me everything I need/want right now I'm super hyped.
IMG_20230220_222144.jpg


I did some research and it's on kindle unlimited so I thought maybe some of you know this series? Do I need to read it from book 1 or are they okay to be read out of order? I'm so hyped.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Omg finished klara and the sun. What a waste of time that was!!! i need to trust my instincts more for dnf’ing stuff 🤣🤣

I didnt even get what was going on half the time. What the duck are lifted kids!? what happens to the sister!?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Freida McFadden… I hope 👀🫣
yes this one, the second in the ‘series’ only came out today so book 1 has been the main focus. Am 1/3 through book 2 currently.
Which thread is the book club - is it the main monthly book club one or is there one linked to this thread?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
yes this one, the second in the ‘series’ only came out today so book 1 has been the main focus. Am 1/3 through book 2 currently.
Which thread is the book club - is it the main monthly book club one or is there one linked to this thread?
It’s this one. We’ll be choosing another book within the next week ☺

 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Guys I've gone nuts this month with book buying...over £250 🙈🙈🙈 I've filled an entire bookcase and I have 27 books that I can't fit anywhere and 9 more on the way (to explain, I have an obsessive online shopping addiction - I was really bad with clothes last year and my NY resolution was so sort my tit out. I did really well in January but this month books have been my new obsession. I need to reign it in now 🙈).
Eeep. I would love to see a list of photo of all you have bought.

Shopping addictions are real though. Go easy on yourself.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.