Books #14 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just finished the first two books in the “MindF*ck” series after seeing it all over TikTok! Very quick and easy reads that suck you in.

Reactions: 1
You poor darling. I’ve spent the last week near housebound with a recurring tummy issue that’s starting to worry me, so I have an inkling as to how stir crazy you must be. I’m impressed you’re managing to read though. I was in hospital for a wk a few yrs ago and the constant noise made reading impossible. I am very very easily distracted though. I need basically silence! Give my love to the folk of Amgash 😻
---
I hope you feel better soon 💙

I am fortunate to have my own side room, so if there is too much noise on the ward I can just close the door and get lost in a book.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Currently reading All The Broken Places, the sequel to the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. I’m enjoying it very much

Reactions: 3
Ive saw this and fancied it. Was it really spicy?
The first one wasn’t that spicy, I think there was maybe two spicy scenes?!
---

Ooh I have this on my kindle!
Definitely get onto it when you can! Good, easy reads. Reminded me of criminal minds with a small bit of spice. If anyone has KU most of them are on there too, otherwise they’re super cheap (around $2 AUD).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m starting to think Waterstones is a con… in store most of their books including “BOTM” are buy 1 get 1 half price, yet online this is never used. Why?! Seems very unfair. BOTM was advertised very late by email this month which annoyed me as I purchased “Cleopatra and Frankenstein” online from them, only then get the email the other day that it is BOTM. Surly this email should be sent out on the first day of the new month?

Go in store to buy “Otherlands” which is the non fic BOTM and both are buy one get one half price. Takes the biscuit a bit…I feel slightly robbed. But hey ho, at least I still get my free drink with my non fic BOTM purchase.

I’m starting to think Waterstones is a con… in store most of their books including “BOTM” are buy 1 get 1 half price, yet online this is never used. Why?! Seems very unfair. BOTM was advertised very late by email this month which annoyed me as I purchased “Cleopatra and Frankenstein” online from them, only then get the email the other day that it is BOTM. Surly this email should be sent out on the first day of the new month?

Go in store to buy “Otherlands” which is the non fic BOTM and both are buy one get one half price. Takes the biscuit a bit…I feel slightly robbed. But hey ho, at least I still get my free drink with my non fic BOTM purchase.
Ooooh that would drive me bonkers!

Right after our chat about usborne puzzle books the other day I ordered some off eBay and the first arrived. So many memories unlocked I had completely forgotten about! I feel so nostalgic now ❤

• Heart

I hate this too! Sometimes I order online and collect in store to take advantage of the better offer if I'm not spending enough for free delivery.

I mentioned it in store and they said its just that they have different offers online and in store, a lot of the books online are a little cheaper than in store which tend to be the full price that it says on the book jacket. Still really frustrating though and doesn't make sense to me! I miss the days when they did 3 for 2 in there. :cautious:

Blackwells often have good 3 for 2 offers. :giggle:

--

I bought Blood Orange from a charity shop for 50p today as I remembered @Caffeine Fiend saying it's good - so funny that we know so much about each others reading taste now and can get so many recommendations on here!

I'm currently reading Maybe In Another Life by TJR. It's easy enough reading and I like the story and idea so far but the writing is a bit basic and bad - I loved Evelyn Hugo though and didn't notice it in that one. Still enjoying it enough to keep going though, I do love sliding doors and fate as a theme!

• Heart
Nice to see you back @LaBlonde ❤
Anyone read any of these and any you would really rate?
My best friend loved Milkman, she said it was very enjoyable and the writing was fantastic. She reads a lot so it must be good if it impressed her so much. I remember starting it but DNF for a reason that I can’t remember, I think my library loan expired and I never bothered to renew it.
I see your addictions to ice hockey romances and raise you Archive of Our Own fan fiction of various characters getting it on 🙈 I actually loathe myself for my current obsession with Commander Lawrence from The Handmaid's Tale.
I feel you! I’m currently putting off reading real books to reread some band fanfiction 😬

Today is the day I’ll finish Vladimir whatever it takes. I’m embarrassed by the amount of time it’s taking me to read it but I’ve head a frantic week at work so I basically just dropped dead upon getting home.

• Heart
I see your addictions to ice hockey romances and raise you Archive of Our Own fan fiction of various characters getting it on 🙈 I actually loathe myself for my current obsession with Commander Lawrence from The Handmaid's Tale.
NO SHAME!

i wish i could add archive of our own hits to my goodreads total tbh. i read there so much. will maintain forever that a lot of fanfic is better than most actual published romances.

speaking of romances, i read a few on my trip. mainly solid two and three stars but with a honourable mention to the dead romantics, which i hugely enjoyed. if you like a light supernatural romcom with a surprising amount of emotion then would recommend!

Reactions: 5
I wasn't going to buy Vladimir as wasn't sure I fancied it and today it arrived as the book for this month from a book subscription that I got for Christmas 😂 so I guess I will be reading it after all.

How is everyone finding it?

• Heart
I wasn't going to buy Vladimir as wasn't sure I fancied it and today it arrived as the book for this month from a book subscription that I got for Christmas 😂 so I guess I will be reading it after all.

It’s gripping and the writing is quite good. I generally enjoy books with not-so-perfect female characters, but I haven’t finished yet so can’t really say much.

Haven’t been on this thread for ages, haven’t read for ages!

I’m sure someone on this thread recommended ‘this is how we are human’.. I bought it ages ago and I started and finished it in a few days!!! Thank you for the recommendation, I loved it!

I’m going to try and read atleast one book a month, so I need a choose a new one jow

• Heart

I had this on paperback pre order, it came the other day. Bit worried to read it as it has sexy written over it and I do most of my reading on my commute…

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I’ve nearly finished it, not what I was expecting, I’m not finding it “sexy” at all. It’s been a bit of a slog but the last quarter has piqued my interest.

Haven’t been on this thread for ages, haven’t read for ages!

I’m sure someone on this thread recommended ‘this is how we are human’.. I bought it ages ago and I started and finished it in a few days!!! Thank you for the recommendation, I loved it!

I’m going to try and read atleast one book a month, so I need a choose a new one jow
This is a lovely book 😍

Has anybody read impossible by Sarah Lotz and if so what were your thoughts??
I bought this back in May and haven’t read it yet so it’s on my A-Z for this year. Will be interested to hear anyone’s thoughts on this one!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.