Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a page on Amazon that has all of the 99p deals? I usually look on Kindle Book Deals page but doesn't seem to list them all?

I just got Eve Chase's latest one The Birdcage, I've enjoyed all of her other books and they're quite easy reads when in a reading slump.

Reactions: 1
Be prepared a thousand boy kisses is a massive tear jerker and Tillie Cole’s dark romance books and exquisite 👌🏻
In particular sick fux is a very very dark yet enjoyable read (Alice in wonderland hype) Amazon banned it at 1 point but I think it’s available again now ☺
Dark Romance you say 👀 off to check it out.

I downloading Haunting Adeline after seeing so many tik tok videos about it 🙈

Is there a page on Amazon that has all of the 99p deals? I usually look on Kindle Book Deals page but doesn't seem to list them all?

I just got Eve Chase's latest one The Birdcage, I've enjoyed all of her other books and they're quite easy reads when in a reading slump.
It never shows for me initially. Its annoying I have to trawl through all the different categories.

Reactions: 3
Dark Romance you say 👀 off to check it out.

I downloading Haunting Adeline after seeing so many tik tok videos about it 🙈
She’s known for dark romance, that’s pretty much her genre she adores.
I love her writing, it’s very easy reading.

The hangman series (sons of anarchy/cult vibe) is sort of dark romance and I can recommend that by her and she has another called the deadly virtues but I’ve not got around to that yet and only 2 books are out so far I think.
So I can’t say how good it is.

But Sick Fux is very very dark and she had to fight with Amazon for it to be rereleased due to the nature of it.
Its the most out there she’s written, it should come with trigger warning really but it’s a very good read.

I have Haunting Adeline, I’d love to know what you think as it’s been sat on my birthday pile of books I was brought that added to the other mountain that are waiting to be read 🫠
I have a book buying problem haha.

Has anyone read the Beartown series? I've just started the third one - The Winners. It's been a long time since I've read the other two, but loved them. I'm hoping to get out of my reading slump. I haven't really loved a book in a long time & have read far less books than usual this year.

Has anyone read the Beartown series? I've just started the third one - The Winners. It's been a long time since I've read the other two, but loved them. I'm hoping to get out of my reading slump. I haven't really loved a book in a long time & have read far less books than usual this year.
Did you know smoke signals appear outside my house whenever someone mentions Beartown on this thread. Fun fact.

Same thing happens with Shuggie Bain.

However yes absolutely adored Beartown, could talk about it for days. I found Us Against You arguably better than Beartown.

I have my copy of The Winners but havent started it yet. Im v apprehensive and nervous. I dont want to ruin what is essentially one of my favourite books ever written.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Did you know smoke signals appear outside my house whenever someone mentions Beartown on this thread. Fun fact.

Same thing happens with Shuggie Bain.

However yes absolutely adored Beartown, could talk about it for days. I found Us Against You arguably better than Beartown.

I have my copy of The Winners but havent started it yet. Im v apprehensive and nervous. I dont want to ruin what is essentially one of my favourite books ever written.
I know what you mean about being apprehensive. I haven't been excited about a book in a long time. I'm hoping this will live up to my expectations.

i was literally about to tag @Caffeine Fiend in this but i see she’s just replied 🤣💙

i’ve owned beartown for so long but have never read it! i love ice hockey and there’s so few novels about it, though i imagine the hockey is only a small part! this thread has inspired me to bump it into the winter section of my to-read pile so hoping to get to it in the next few weeks. given what i’ve read here, i’m excited!

Four books on my wish list are 99p deals! Yippee!

Nobody But Us - Laure Van Rensburg
The Birdcage - Eve Chase
The Skeleton Key - Erin Kelly
The Cliff House - Chris Brookmyre

What's everyone gone for from First Reads? One of Those Faces looks like it might be good!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i was literally about to tag @Caffeine Fiend in this but i see she’s just replied 🤣💙

i’ve owned beartown for so long but have never read it! i love ice hockey and there’s so few novels about it, though i imagine the hockey is only a small part! this thread has inspired me to bump it into the winter section of my to-read pile so hoping to get to it in the next few weeks. given what i’ve read here, i’m excited!
I've only read through a few posts on this thread. I wasn't even sure if anyone would have read the books (not that I thought they were niche). Wasn't expecting it to be someone's smoke signal ❤

Love that you have seasonal books. Such a fun idea.

I've bought so many books over the past few months, but have hardly read any of them. I even, accidentally, ordered 4 copies of Rob Delaney's book after reading his article about his son. Not sure what I'm going to do with the other three copies.

• Haha
  • Heart
Beartown is my absolute fave, I adored it and Us Against You. Both 5*'s for me. I didn't get on with The Winners though 😭 but it does have overwhelmingly positive reviews like the others sooo maybe I am the problem. (It's me, hi I'm the problem it's meee).

Interested to hear what you think of it when you're finished!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I've only read through a few posts on this thread. I wasn't even sure if anyone would have read the books (not that I thought they were niche). Wasn't expecting it to be someone's smoke signal ❤

Love that you have seasonal books. Such a fun idea.

I've bought so many books over the past few months, but have hardly read any of them. I even, accidentally, ordered 4 copies of Rob Delaney's book after reading his article about his son. Not sure what I'm going to do with the other three copies.
oh gosh i read rob delaney’s article in the sunday times a few weeks back - heartbreaking and gorgeously written. i have huge respect for people who can write, so honestly and with so much love, about that level of grief. i’m sure the book will be beautiful.

given the subject matter you could donate the extra copies to a local charity or paediatric department of a hospital? they might be reassuring reads for people going through similar to him 💙

i always divide my to-read pile into seasons 🤣 i don’t know why but some books scream summer to me whereas others are cozy winter reads!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Beartown is my absolute fave, I adored it and Us Against You. Both 5*'s for me. I didn't get on with The Winners though 😭 but it does have overwhelmingly positive reviews like the others sooo maybe I am the problem. (It's me, hi I'm the problem it's meee).

Are you me? I am also the problem its me. Come join us on the Taylor thread. (I apologise in advance if you are there but I dont remember seeing you post)

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I am here. I was summoned by the Beartown demon 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Are you me? I am also the problem its me. Come join us on the Taylor thread. (I apologise in advance if you are there but I dont remember seeing you post)
I've been quiet as feel like a party pooper not loving the new album 😂 wow I really am the problem raining on the new Beartown and Taylor album:ROFLMAO:

This has been a recent favourite of mine and it's £1 at the moment: Amazon product

Has anyone read People Person by the author of Queenie? That's 99p I'm considering but I also need to stop buying 🙃 Amazon product

Four books on my wish list are 99p deals! Yippee!

Nobody But Us - Laure Van Rensburg
The Birdcage - Eve Chase
The Skeleton Key - Erin Kelly
The Cliff House - Chris Brookmyre

What's everyone gone for from First Reads? One of Those Faces looks like it might be good!
The Skeleton Key is showing as 6.99 for me 😞 do they sometimes just do the offers if it's on your wishlist?

Last edited:
I’ve been listening to Beartown, I’m about 30% through it and so far I hesitate to say it it’s a bit too heavy on the ice hockey for me 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
given the subject matter you could donate the extra copies to a local charity or paediatric department of a hospital? they might be reassuring reads for people going through similar to him 💙
That's a good idea. I'll read it first and see how it is. It must have been the Sunday Times article that I read too. I felt compelled to order the book after that. I even ordered it from the UK as it's not available here yet. 4 times 😂

😭 I'm sure you're not the problem. I'm afraid I've hyped this book up in my head too much and the expectation can't live up to the reality.

Side note - I've been listening to Anti-Hero on repeat . Haven't really listened to the rest of the album.

• Heart
I've been quiet as feel like a party pooper not loving the new album 😂 wow I really am the problem raining on the new Beartown and Taylor album:ROFLMAO:

This has been a recent favourite of mine and it's £1 at the moment: Amazon product

Has anyone read People Person by the author of Queenie? That's 99p I'm considering but I also need to stop buying 🙃 Amazon product

The Skeleton Key is showing as 6.99 for me 😞 do they sometimes just do the offers if it's on your wishlist?
Oh, that's strange. Add it to your wishlist and see if you get the deal tomorrow! This is how it's showing for me atm.

Screenshot_20221101-171113_Chrome.jpg

I’ve been listening to Beartown, I’m about 30% through it and so far I hesitate to say it it’s a bit too heavy on the ice hockey for me 😅
Im so sorry to everyone who has heard me a million times. I found it very dull for the first 30/40% and really didnt think Id enjoy it as much as I did.

this makes me want to read it more 🤣 the hockey is the main selling point for me!

also, finished the most fun we ever had and cried a bit, i got so attached to everyone in it and it’s a really beautiful depiction of how to write very “real” characters who aren’t always likeable. if you love a family saga, i would strongly recommend!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.