Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started Luckiest Girl Alive yesterday afternoon, stayed up until i finished it. I thought it was a great read.

Trigger warning though, as i think its not for everyone
I’m sure there’s a film on Netflix with the same title with Mila Kunis?

Reactions: 3
I read A Good Girls Guide for Murder and loved it! It's the first in a series of 3 so can't wait to read the rest. :giggle:

Yes same!! I couldn’t put it down but ending was disappointing. Ooh I’ll look forward to LIC then. Remembered I was 3/4 way through another I need to finish - can’t even think of title, something similar to Sliding Doors showing how different decisions made change the course of your life? It’s ok…!
I think I may also be reading the same book, also not sure of the title, 😂 is it called What Could Have Been or something like that? I love sliding doors as a theme but not far enough in the book yet to tell if it's good.

Reactions: 1
Just finished Babel. I really liked it, loved all the etymology and felt like I learned a lot. But it was verrrry long. Could have been a bit snappier for my liking.

Reactions: 2
Song of Achilles must wait. I'm reading Pretty Girls and I'm hooked.

Reactions: 1
I read A Good Girls Guide for Murder and loved it! It's the first in a series of 3 so can't wait to read the rest. :giggle:

I think I may also be reading the same book, also not sure of the title, 😂 is it called What Could Have Been or something like that? I love sliding doors as a theme but not far enough in the book yet to tell if it's good.
I’m meant to be working so I’m using this as a good excuse to leave my desk and find it…You are Here by Eva Woods. It’s ok I’ll finish it but not bowled over. Might take a trip to the library as a reward for working tomorrow 😂😝

I've just finished Sea of Tranquility by Emily St John Mandel. I always enjoy reading her books so I am glad this one did not let me down. I'm going to have a look for my next read later. I seem to be getting back into my reading craze. To think last year I read 70 books but this year has only been 16 so far. I hope I can get back into it for my own sanity.
I also loved this one! Have you read Station Eleven? I gave it a pass because it’s about a pandemic but I keep thinking about trying to get it. I loved The Glass Hotel but I think Sea of Tranquility is my new favourite.

I’ve just finished Penpal by Dathan Auerbach. It was so creepy. The suspense is so authentic, I was so stressed out reading it. Has anyone else read it?

I think I’ll start the new book club read next.

I’ve just finished Penpal by Dathan Auerbach. It was so creepy. The suspense is so authentic, I was so stressed out reading it. Has anyone else read it?

I think I’ll start the new book club read next.
This sounds intriguing, what's it about?

Reactions: 2
I also loved this one! Have you read Station Eleven? I gave it a pass because it’s about a pandemic but I keep thinking about trying to get it. I loved The Glass Hotel but I think Sea of Tranquility is my new favourite.
I read Station Eleven in a run of pandemic/virus themed books last year and although I enjoyed it, it wasn’t my favourite of them. I much preferred End of Men, Last One at the Party and Skin.

Oh and don’t even bother with the tv show - I watched a few episodes and it was terrible!

Being sucked into the Colleen Hoover train - are her books as good as people seem to think? 🖤

This sounds intriguing, what's it about?
It’s a self-published book that originally came from the NoSleep subreddit. The narrator is an adult looking back at various, seemingly unrelated events of his childhood but as the book goes on they start adding up to one single story. I’ve tried not to give too much away as I think this reads so much better going in without knowing too much! It’s quite a quick read too.

Reactions: 4
Being sucked into the Colleen Hoover train - are her books as good as people seem to think? 🖤
I think this is subjective in how you look at it.

She sold more books than the Bible last year (IIRC from an article I saw) so if that is encouraging more people to read then I cannot fault it.

Her books arent always the best for my tastes, Ugly Love has the horrific line about a babys big balls 🥴 however Verity is good and I also enjoyed Regretting You.

I always say in this thread nothing good can come from book snobbery, if you dont like it, dont read it. I know there are a lot of opinions floating around about #Booktok but I saw something that said more books are being bought as a result of it and how amazing is that?

Reactions: 15
i read station eleven at the start of the pandemic (which wasn’t a great idea 🤣) and thought it was gorgeous, if a bit meandering plot wise. i always wanted to try more of her books so will have to look out for sea of tranquility.

i enjoyed verity. will hold my peace on the rest 🤣 ultimately, read what you want - she’s certainly incredibly popular!

Reactions: 5
October round up. I was doing pretty well… and then our new little puppy came home to us on 22nd and I’ve been trying to finish The Night Shift ever since 😅

Some good reads here though, the stand out for me was Little Secrets.

E8E28593-206E-42C2-8E6A-67129EC342C5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.