Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t posted on this group before but I’ve read every post since lockdown and enjoyed all your recommendations! So thank you for allowing me to silently follow :) I’m lucky enough to be on a very long awaited holiday for half term (after so many lockdown cancellations )with my family at the moment and I can’t for the life of me find a book I can get into! I’ve tried 3 books over the past 3 days and nothing is sticking. I need it to be an audio book, so I can be sitting on the sun lounger and still keeping an eye on the kids in the swimming pool. I generally sit with one airpod in one ear, the other free listening and keeping guard! Can anyone help with a good book recommendation? I love psychological thriller type books, or murder mystery. I just finished the Anna Lou-Weatherly series (which is on audible plus) and I enjoyed KL Slater, both authors I really enjoyed. Thank you so much and thank you again to the avid posters who recommended so many books, I have enjoyed so many of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I listened to First Born by Will Dean on audible and really loved it. Thought it was a great thriller.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I immediately started reading yesterday after learning it won. I was going to watch it on BBC but they cancelled it unfortunately 😭 so far it’s very interesting. It started really good.
I don’t know if this is spoiler but he is dead an wakes up in a limbo before Afterlife but he is given 7 days before going to afterlife and he tries to find his murderer. For now I am 60 pages in and the language is very captivating. The book gives Ghost(1990) vibes for now😂 i liked the beginning and i hope I’ll finish it in a couple or days. It’s a sri lankan authors book so I wondered if i should read about Sri Lankan history but people say it doesn’t affect the reading process.

I saw first born here 2 months ago and read it. It was very captivating. I love thriller😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I finished Home Stretch by Graham Norton yesterday. Annoyed at myself for putting it off for so long! I really enjoyed the book & really cared about the characters. I'll definitely be picking up his newest release Forever Home soon. I'm about to start Paper Girls (DCI Kett book 1) because of some of the recommendations on this thread. Sorry I can't remember exactly who recommended it but thank you to whoever it was!

Anyone who's read Paper Girls by Alex Smith on Kindle. Has this ever happened to you?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I finished Home Stretch by Graham Norton yesterday. Annoyed at myself for putting it off for so long! I really enjoyed the book & really cared about the characters. I'll definitely be picking up his newest release Forever Home soon. I'm about to start Paper Girls (DCI Kett book 1) because of some of the recommendations on this thread. Sorry I can't remember exactly who recommended it but thank you to whoever it was!

Anyone who's read Paper Girls by Alex Smith on Kindle. Has this ever happened to you?
I have Home Stretch on my kindle so will bump that up the list after hearing your review.

I’ve mentioned the Alex Smith series here before so I’m pleased to hear that more people are reading them 🥰 never had that error before though so no idea there, but perhaps delete and re-download assuming you’ve got it on KU?

Reactions: 1

Not with that book, but with others. I just deleted it. redownloaded the book and it was fine.

If that doesn't work Amazon recommend doing a hard reset.

Reactions: 2
Started Richard Osman's The Bullet That Missed Twice (number 3 in The Thursday Murder Club series) and I'm really enjoying it, Joyce is my favourite character by far.

I don't usually go for celebrity authors as they're always popular books and get the bigger promos but I really enjoy Osman's writing.

Reactions: 7
I loved Home Stretch. Thought it was really well written and a really clever plot.

Dolly Alderton - Ghosts is on a 99p deal. I know its been spoken about here before.

I just updated my TBR lists 😑 they are bigger than ever despite me reading 77 books this year.

I still havent started The Winners. Im really under the weather this week, so I feel like I dont have the mental capacity to fully take it in.

I started Bad Fruit that I got on a 99p deal the other day. Seems intriguing so far.

I have noticed my wishlist on kindle has gotten smaller and smaller as Ive managed to purchase most of them on deals.

Reactions: 7
Thanks everyone for the replies to my last post. I deleted & re-downloaded the book and it was fine. Never had that issue before. Glad some of you will be reading Home Stretch, you definitely should it's a lovely book!🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Always forget about this thread on tattle but whenever I visit it often helps me choose my next book!

I just finished reading The Song of Achilles and really enjoyed it. I understand some of the negative reviews but I liked it was a bit different and also sparked my interest in something I've never been much into, love when a book can do that.

Also read Perfectly Ordinary People recently which was I found good, I like books about WWII and this one was from a perspective I've not read before.

You only live once- meh, one of those romantic books you read, then forget immediately once it's finished.

Read a few others in the last few weeks but nothing memorable. So rare these days I read something that makes an impression, I need to get better at picking better books I think
Same here!! Some fantastic recommendations on here..
I'm reading Girl in pieces by Kathleen Glasgow and really enjoying it.

Reactions: 2
Reading anxious people by Backman at the mo. Wanted a light warm easy read and this is doing nicely.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just finished Forever Home, which is Graham Norton's latest book.

I've read all his and I love them - this latest book is just as good as the others. I love his humorous depiction of life in an Irish village (I've been to Ireland lots of times and have family over there - I definitely recognise some of the types of characters he portrays 😂 ), while intertwining it with a mystery.

Forever Home is a bit different to his others, but I won't spoil it for anyone who plans on reading it.

Reactions: 4
Reading anxious people by Backman at the mo. Wanted a light warm easy read and this is doing nicely.
I havent read it yet. I might read it next. 😊

Im currently reading Bad Juice by Ella King. Im about 1/3 of the way through and finding it intriguing. I have no idea what will happen which excites me.

Also reading The Book Of Essie by Meghan Maclean Weir. Im about 50% through it and enjoying it too. Hopefully finish both this weekend. Ive had a good month quantity wise and hopefully these two will end well and bump up the quality a bit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.