Books #12 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently in Japanese there’s a word for buying books and letting them pile up without reading them!
Google tells me the word is tsundoku
Next thread title, anyone? 😅

I’m still working through my Kindle Unlimited downloads, I’m going away next week and going to make the most of it reading-wise!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just finished Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson. Has anyone else read it? I need someone to tell me what to think please. I complained that ever summer after, whilst enjoyable a read, wasn’t written to a high enough standard. This book was my karma. The writing is inarguably incredible but I didn’t enjoy the experience…

“Cheating is easy. There’s no swank to infidelity. To borrow against the trust someone has placed in you costs nothing at first. You get away with it, you take a little more and a little more until there is no more to draw on. Oddly, your hands should be full with all that taking but when you open them there’s nothing there”

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Has anyone watched the adaption of the Flatshare yet? I’m sure I seen something suggesting it was out now?! but not sure where to watch it

Reactions: 1
Has anyone watched the adaption of the Flatshare yet? I’m sure I seen something suggesting it was out now?! but not sure where to watch it
I think it’s on paramount but not sure where else. From what I’ve seen it’s had good reviews!

Reactions: 2
I’ve read the book and listened to the audiobook and would really recommend it! They even play a song at the end and it gave me all the feels ❤
i love the people they have cast for the role! exactly how i imagined them. can’t wait to see Sam 🤤

I’ve started It Ends With Us today and although I’m not yet at the point where I quite see all of the hype, it’s an enjoyable read and I’m looking forward to getting through some more later. I also have It Starts With Us on audio to listen to after.
Quoting myself because I’ve now finished and I just want to cry 😢

There’s a lot of talk about whether CoHo is overhyped but I’ve now read three of her books and have really enjoyed them all.

Having said that, I’m a little worried about now following IEWU with It Starts With Us. Has anyone else read it?

Quoting myself because I’ve now finished and I just want to cry 😢

There’s a lot of talk about whether CoHo is overhyped but I’ve now read three of her books and have really enjoyed them all.

Having said that, I’m a little worried about now following IEWU with It Starts With Us. Has anyone else read it?
I've read both, and loved both. I think it was a nice ending for both of them...although i felt like i needed an epilogue at the end of it starts with us.

• Heart
I think it’s on paramount but not sure where else. From what I’ve seen it’s had good reviews!
I’m flying tomorrow and just noticed on an email the entertainment is provided by Paramount so really hoping flatshare is available. If not I’ll probably sign up to the 7 day trial and try hard to remember to cancel it!

I’m flying tomorrow and just noticed on an email the entertainment is provided by Paramount so really hoping flatshare is available. If not I’ll probably sign up to the 7 day trial and try hard to remember to cancel it!
If you’re in the uk and have Sky, Paramount is included as a free streaming service. Think it’s found under the Apps or On Demand menu.

Set a reminder on your phone to cancel, that's what I do 👍 As others have said, I think you can get a free trial if you have Sky Q

Set a reminder on your phone to cancel, that's what I do 👍 As others have said, I think you can get a free trial if you have Sky Q
I’ve just had a look and it’s included as a free service if you have Sky Cinema which would be why it’s free for some and not others. Sorry if I raised any hopes! 😀

Had to DNF one day in december, definitely wasnt the festive read I had in mind 🤣

i couldn’t understand why the love interest was the love interest, he barely showed any feelings towards the main character.. yet we’re meant to believe its a ‘soulmate’ mate kind of thing?

• Sad
If you’re in the uk and have Sky, Paramount is included as a free streaming service. Think it’s found under the Apps or On Demand menu.
I do have Sky and had no idea! Thanks so much for letting me know.

I’ve just had a look and it’s included as a free service if you have Sky Cinema which would be why it’s free for some and not others. Sorry if I raised any hopes! 😀
Ah! I’ll have to look and see.

Laughing at myself trying to get out of paying £7 for another streaming service but spending more than that on a book yesterday.. and 3 days before that..

I don’t think I’m in a reading slump but just being so slooooow with my reading compared to normal. Got a hardback and a kindle book on the go, I’m liking them but just taking so long to get through them and they aren’t overly lengthy books.

I didn't finish a book in 2 whole months, but this week I finished listening to the art of seduction by robert greene and last night I started hook, line, and sinker by tessa bailey and I'm flying through it. I feel like a cute and steamy romance was exactly what I needed and I'm actually super invested in the main characters.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.